The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Video Games: What are you playing?

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby WarAngel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:39 am

Rykuss wrote:Hell people even helped with Imperium Galactica II, I didn't think many people liked the game but luckily someone does.

I was an addict for that game. Couldn't get enough of conquering the galaxy. Good storyline for the Solarians (only campaign I ever completed.) Although the frequent messages from the in game characters would get annoying because I'd usually be doing something at the time. Upgrading ships and tanks was fun, especialy when I got hover laser tanks.

Glad to see someone else has played the game. :thumbup:
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby at1with0 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:44 am

Here are a couple of vids I made from WoW PvP

This one is Arathi Basin 10 v 10 or maybe 15 v 15 I forget. There are five bases: farm, blacksmith, gold mines, lumber mill, and stables. When a team owns a base, it generates points for a team. The usual strategy is to split the team up in order to capture 3 bases and hold them for the 15 minutes allotted. There are actually a lot of subtleties here.

At around 9 minutes in the video, all of both teams clash at the gold mines, meaning that both sides are represented by damage dealers and healers who are keeping the dps alive. My character, Arostu, is a damage dealer and in the insane fight starting around 9 minutes, my mana drops to zero without killing anyone because of the healers keeping themselves and their friends alive. Mana is magical fuel you need to cast spells.

This next video is all about arenas. Arenas are small teams in small maps, either 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5. All of these are victories for my team but overall I lose a tad more than I win so my win ratio is under 50%. In this vid, I'm playing 2v2.

Tom will recognize the song here in the next one. I just so happened to record one where Arostu completely dominates, getting over 20 killing blows.

This is some swtor gameplay I put together. I'm in a group with two guildmates doing a flashpoint (dungeon).

"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:07 pm

My favorite EVE Online videos. They're from an RP perspective. As a Gallente pilot, obviously my favorites are I and III. :P

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:17 pm

a friend of mine made this video. Yeah, they're filthy pirate scum but I love em' anyway. :lol:

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 am

Currently downloading the demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Very excited for this game as I'm a fan of R.A. Salvatore. Huge talent put this game together so it should be amazing! At least that's the buzz I've been getting from everyone that's tried it.

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:49 pm

I think my next big game anticipation will be Resident Evil 6. I've really been enjoying the francise since 4 on the Gamecube. I might get Operation Raccoon City, but that will definatly be after a price break. But I think if I by next year am going to pre-order RE6.

Rykuss, are mostly a PC gamer, or do you dabble in consoles too?
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby frrostedman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 pm

at1with0 wrote:Here are a couple of vids I made from WoW PvP

Tom will recognize the song here in the next one. I just so happened to record one where Arostu completely dominates, getting over 20 killing blows.

Ha. Loved it.

I instantly thought of this song, which would be great for one of your videos. Old song. Still one of the best band names I ever heard. ACID HORSE. Doesn't get any cooler than that.

The motif of this song fits right in with your wizard riding his horse!

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby WarAngel » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:24 am

Update:

Kindle Fire:
Blackjack

Others recently played but not at present:
Diablo I
The Sims
GTA: San Andreas

Another favorite series of mine is Heroes of Might and Magic. I love the artifact collecting and the thrill of being the most badass Hero around. Although I get wipped out alot.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby at1with0 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:53 am

All these games, I wish I could try them all.

Tom, great song. Has a really good beat to kill to.

There's another one that while the music may not be ideal, the lyrics absolutely fit pvp domination.

"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:41 pm

adamwarlock2099 wrote:I think my next big game anticipation will be Resident Evil 6. I've really been enjoying the francise since 4 on the Gamecube. I might get Operation Raccoon City, but that will definatly be after a price break. But I think if I by next year am going to pre-order RE6.

Rykuss, are mostly a PC gamer, or do you dabble in consoles too?

Yeah I'm a PC gamer. I still have some games for the console but my kids play on that now. Perfect Dark, Command & Conquer, StarCraft, Goldeneye 007, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, Final Fantasy II and Zelda were some favorites from my console days. Nintendo fanboi, in the house. :lol: I haven't touched the console in years though.

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts