The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Infuriated with poor service.

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby bionic » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:14 am

enjoy you mockery..your souls are fooked
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:33 am

bionic wrote:enjoy you mockery..your souls are fooked

My soul likes for pixelated things to go KABOOM!

Postby event_horizon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:55 am

Bad service wreaks everywhere nowadays. It's sad.

I think it has a lot to do with the lousy wages compared with the cost of living.

Work, pay rent, eat, then have to break a wall to have a window to piss out of.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:15 am

The electronics service industry has always been one of the "at their mercy" kind of places to go, even back in the days of TV repairmen. Thats something almost extinct nowadays with so many throwaway appliances, people just trash them, and buy a newer better TV. Computers repairs are the luck of the draw, if you find someone both honest and knowledgable. Those who know the least are most likly to be the cheaters, like anything from car mechanics to handymen. Those who don't know how to do things usually are the ones with shoody work, and stick it to you on the bill at the same time. The majoriety of people are just lost in the electronic double talk. How they stay in business is beyond me.
greeney2

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:05 pm

event_horizon wrote:Bad service wreaks everywhere nowadays. It's sad.

I think it has a lot to do with the lousy wages compared with the cost of living.

Work, pay rent, eat, then have to break a wall to have a window to piss out of.

No doubt there, it's everywhere. It's just a shame that "pride in your work" has taken a backseat.

greeney2 wrote:The electronics service industry has always been one of the "at their mercy" kind of places to go, even back in the days of TV repairmen. Thats something almost extinct nowadays with so many throwaway appliances, people just trash them, and buy a newer better TV. Computers repairs are the luck of the draw, if you find someone both honest and knowledgable. Those who know the least are most likly to be the cheaters, like anything from car mechanics to handymen. Those who don't know how to do things usually are the ones with shoody work, and stick it to you on the bill at the same time. The majoriety of people are just lost in the electronic double talk. How they stay in business is beyond me.

I remember those crooks! I also remember bringing in a black and white tv and never getting it back. The guy went out of business after having the set for months. Anyway, the owner of the shop is a nice guy and gave me a good deal on the original work order. Unfortunately, he has a bunch of boneheads working for him and they made one too many mistakes this time. I just need to do the work myself from now on, no matter how aggrevating it may be.

Postby greeney2 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:04 pm

You know this actually strikes at a issue near and dear to my heart, and anyone elses who made their living in a trade. I've had 2 of them in my life, starting in high shool with an autoshop teacher, metal shop teacher, woodshop teacher, and electic shop teacher, all of which shops have all been almost eliminated from schools.. AS our school budgets get worse, many things have been cut such as the fine arts, and the shop electives that were majors for many young boys like me in High school. My teachers taught me the real basics of not only mechanics, but of honesty and pride in workmanship and the craft of quality work. I learned it from my 7th and 8th grade woodshop teacher Mr. Turhune first. I followed in High School with my metal shop teacher Mr. Siezler who taught of things from lathe to hand fabrication, and welding. My Electric shop teacher Mr. Barsumian went on to be founder of Norris Cams. My Auto shop teacher, which was my major taught be so much about being honest in the automotive repair business and that if you know what you are doing, you do not need to cheat anyone to make a good living. I ran an honest service department for 12 years in the Motorcycle business, did warrenty work other dealers refused to do for their own customers, and never cheated anyone. My welding teachers in the Jr. college AA degree program, really taught me so much about welding, and I was lucky to have found the best welding job anyone could have in terms of technical challenges.

We are in a national crisis IMHO that we are not teaching the trades to students more suited for trade occupations in the early grades anymore, and that these trade programs in our jr. college levels have been dropped due to budgets. OUr schools are failing when it comes to students destined for trade occupations. The public school systems should be serving all our kids, but more and more, the fine arts and shop arts are being dropped. The is one reason why you find the level of service in stores, repair shops, and trades, becasue we are leaving those headed in that direction without choices to exell in them, like I was able.
greeney2

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts