The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

This is for tarsus...uh..lol...Frostedman! Black Friday..

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Lightwolf » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Hiya Tom!
Had to do quite a bit of digging before I finally found the original post(thank god for external hard drives!) this is the original as I wrote it six years ago...wow...time sure passes quickly! I uploaded an abridged version to writing.com under the name "Adrian Lightwolf"...had to make major changes just to make it fit in the space I was allowed, however, this is what I originally posted so many years ago here on the BV...been a few changes since then :lol:
Gotta say Frost..one hell of a memory and thank you so much that happy recollection is something from me :D

thank you...

Very humbly yours..

Lightwolf...

Black Friday
A True Christmas Story

It all began innocently enough when, during the Thanksgiving Day gorging and subsequent tryptophan induced coma, my wife asked me, in my moment of weakness, if I would take her to work in the morning and would I, while I was there anyway, pick up one of those” Three foot plastic Superman thingys” (her words)for our grandson?. I must have complied for I suddenly awoke from my coma (I had ALOT of turkey) to find myself standing outside at 4:30 AM, in 18 degree weather, in my slippers, brushing snow off the car, and my wife, yelling at me from inside the warmth of the car, to hurry or she'll be late, and I vowing, as I got in the car, that NEXT year we're having HAM dammit! I stepped on the gas and we headed for that special little corner of Hell...Wal-Mart.

When we pulled into the parking lot and slowly drove through the sea of cars and trucks, mostly trucks, that had arrived before us, my heart sank as I realized that this was going to be a STELLAR day and I was going to have to deal with a shitload of rednecks. Figures…
Now I don't usually have a problem with people in general as long as they are few, but a crowd like THIS!?, and at 4:45 AM? Great! I am not now, have never been, and will never be, a morning person, so lets’ just say that "does not play well with others" is a pretty accurate description of myself, after all, I didn't learn to say "screw you" in 17 different languages for nothing, fortunately, I'm also fluent in Redneck and felt fairly confident that I could handle just about anything…

Yeah.. right…

We parked the car and as we walked into "The Store", my wife reminded me of my mission, gave me a peck on the cheek, then left me to clock in and start her day while I just stood in the doorway and stared in awe at the mass of humanity already in place, milling aimlessly about, patiently waiting for the "dinner" bell to ring promptly at 5:00 AM, and their chance to scarf up the goodies.

As I began moving through the crowd, I was thinking to myself, "Holy Spit! I MUST be insane! Here I am in the middle of the seventh circle of Hell at this ungodly hour, surrounded by a thousand rednecks, probably armed and ready to fight over ANYthing, and I'm going to try for a three foot plastic Superdummy!? Poke me with a fork people, I'm done! ..and me without my taser...

I slowly waded through the "great unwashed", pajama clad and smelling of yesterdays beer, turkey, and giblets, softly muttering to each other like a huge flock of vultures waiting for their chosen target to finally breathe it's last, when suddenly, there before me, in all its’ plastic and paper clad glory, was the pallet upon which were neatly stacked those Superman (God help me) thingys. My relief was palpable and almost overwhelming for it was mere seconds before the "fun" started!

Be still my heart...

Just as I thought that my eyes, ears (and nose) could take no more of the constant, yacking, and scratching, and farting, I heard the loudspeakers ring out, "IT'S OFFICIALLY 5:00 AM CUSTOMERS...BEGIN!"

I have seen and experienced many things in my 47 years of life, some good, some not so good, but I can honestly say that I have never, ever before seen what I saw that day. The very second the word "BEGIN!" rang throughout the store, chaos of unbelievable proportions erupted all around me, and as I stood there, dumbfounded, witness to the ludicrous scene unfolding before me, I was suddenly reminded of Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" as a multitude of hands ripped and tore at the plastic and paper covering the pallets, quickly revealing the tasty delights hidden within, then watching as these once human "things" ran off, clutching their prizes to their bosoms and snarling viciously at those hapless souls that dared venture too close . The only thing missing was the blood, the gore, and the guts...well...almost.

When the feeding frenzy abated somewhat, I was finally standing beside the pallet that, mere moments before, had held one hundred of these Superman figures I was seeking and now there were but four. I reached down, picked one up and started to examine my acquisition when an elbow suddenly slammed into my side and I found myself staring into the angry eyes of a woman who was trying to pry the damn thing out of my hands! "I SAW IT FIRST!" she yelled at me, then promptly elbowed me AGAIN! While she pried at the box in my hands screaming, "MINE! MINE!" my vision blurred, I saw little red dots floating before my beleaguered eyes, as the mob mentality of everyone around me flooded my already overtaxed mind, I had a sudden and powerful urge to rip off one of her arms and beat her SOUNDLY about the head and shoulders with it, but came out instead with (in fluent Redneck) "Screw you Bitch!! Get your own!!" and knocked her hands off MY Superman...uh…plastic...thingy..

Triumphant, clutching my hard won prize with my left arm, I indicated with my free hand that she should look up as I pointed toward the ceiling with my middle finger, and with an evil grin on my face, I turned and made my way to the closest checkout as quickly as I could, paid my money and left the pits of Hell to those doomed souls still trapped within. With amazing alacrity, considering the state of my poor bruised and battered ribs, I made my way to my car, balefully watching everyone that came near me, clutching the prize under my arm ever so tightly with each person I passed.

A few anxious and rather jittery moments later, I reached my car, quickly popped open the trunk… ever so gently placed my painfully won bounty inside, and with this colorful, ridiculous, bit of plastic I tried so hard for safely ensconced in the trunk, I quietly shut the lid. I Took a cigarette from my pocket, lit it, and looked carefully around, making certain that no one had followed me, looking deep into the shadows, checking under the car (well...ya never know) and then, finding no wild eyed, psychotic female about to pounce, I was able to relax somewhat. I glanced down at my watch and discovered, to my utter amazement, that this entire fiasco had taken but 10 minutes. Unbelievably, It was exactly 5:10 AM!

Hotdamn! My wife owed me BIG time and believe me, I collected when she got home that night. She broke the Teddy out of moth ball limbo, dusted it off, and though it didn't fit as well as it use to, that didn't matter, she didn't wear it for long anyway,...if you know what I mean..*wink wink*.

There'll be no more "Black Friday" shopping for THIS guy!

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Merry Christmas my Ass!

By
Thomas A Rowe
A.K.A Adrian Lightwolf

And I swear :lol: in six years I have NEVER again been part of the "Black Friday" bullshite! :dance:

Lightwolf
When I die...I want to go peacefully in my sleep...like my Grandfather did...not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Lightwolf

Postby bionic » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:57 pm

"I saw it first!"

get off the pipe, says the pipe
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Lightwolf » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 pm

bionic wrote:"I saw it first!"

get off the pipe, says the pipe

:lol: lets be happy the pipe doesn't bite....much :o :lol:
When I die...I want to go peacefully in my sleep...like my Grandfather did...not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Lightwolf

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:26 pm

I remember that post. :lol:

Postby Lightwolf » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:08 am

Rykuss wrote:I remember that post. :lol:

Wow! Thanks Rykuss! Maybe you and Frost should get together because between the two of you and your awesome memories....maybe you could help me find my wallet! :D :thumbup:

and maybe...ahem! ...my car :Doh: :wtf: :lol:

Lightwolf
Lightwolf

Postby frrostedman » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:20 am

thank you so much for that!!! I immediately forwarded the text to myself via email so I can (hopefully) keep a permanent copy of it.

*grinning ear to ear*

I just love it!!!! Well done and thanks for going to all that trouble!!!
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Lightwolf » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:41 am

frrostedman wrote:thank you so much for that!!! I immediately forwarded the text to myself via email so I can (hopefully) keep a permanent copy of it.

*grinning ear to ear*

Awww Shucks!
Thank you so much for remembering!
kinda forgot about it after so long...my grandson is now eight and still plays with that huge plastic action figure!(we avoid calling it a doll :lol: ) my wife and I got some laughs re-reading the story so thanks Tom! Besides...Anything for an old friend...

Lightwolf
Lightwolf

Postby bionic » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:57 am

hmm..
pfft...
people are so useless..
vanity..sexuality..all one ever wants is a friend(a geniune one)..but no such luck, apprently..it might be the death of us all...so..get right with yoruselves..cleanse your souls,, or suffer the consiquenes..
YO!!!
(sink or swim)
see my little self, calling YOU out??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9hbf-IRig
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:12 am

Lightwolf wrote:
frrostedman wrote:thank you so much for that!!! I immediately forwarded the text to myself via email so I can (hopefully) keep a permanent copy of it.

*grinning ear to ear*

Awww Shucks!
Thank you so much for remembering!
kinda forgot about it after so long...my grandson is now eight and still plays with that huge plastic action figure!(we avoid calling it a doll :lol: ) my wife and I got some laughs re-reading the story so thanks Tom! Besides...Anything for an old friend...

Lightwolf

My son destroyed his huge superman action figure some years ago. I didn't think it was possible but where there's a will and all... :lol:

Postby Lightwolf » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:22 am

My son destroyed his huge superman action figure some years ago. I didn't think it was possible but where there's a will and all... :lol:

Yeahboyrobert! :lol:
I didn't mention that Superman now has a wiggly black mustach, a VERY red beard, and purple sideburns :Doh: :lol:

Lightwolf
Lightwolf

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts