The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Infuriated with poor service.

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:57 pm

I am outraged right now. I took my gaming rig to the shop to have them figure out what the hell was wrong with it. Turns out back in 2009 when they installed my new motherboard, they did a shoddy job. The guy called and asked me who put it in because it was done wrong. I told him they did it. He said that was why my computer wasn't getting any video because the new card I popped in wasn't seated very well because of the motherboard being too low. My previous cards burned up as a result of their shoddy workmanship. They still charged me $65.00 for the labor to reinstall the motherboard correctly.

I brought it to them late Monday evening. Tuesday the guy calls and says they got everything working fine, after they took the bracket off of the graphics card. That's when he inquired about the motherboard installation. Now he said everything was working fine on Tuesday. He was going to reinstall the motherboard correctly so that my new graphics card will seat properly. Now today, Wednesday, he tells me my computer is ready but...there's a problem. :roll: It's now blue-screening but they can reinstall my O/S for $130.00, no problem. :roll:

So I tell him I can do that myself and he says that's a viable option. lol We we're just down the street and I told him so. He says my PC is ready. We get there and it isn't ready, he's still cleaning up the wiring. Whatever, we wait. I pay and we leave. I get it home and the damn DVD ROM isn't even hooked up, the front panel LEDs don't work, my fans aren't even correctly hooked up. One out of four is working and they aren't daisy-chained on the switch like I had them. Oh and they still have my screws that hold the side panel on as well. I am infuriated.

Naturally I left them a nasty voice mail. I don't want to mess around in there because I shouldn't have to. I paid them to fix the damn thing and they didn't even hook it back up correctly. I just needed to vent, I am pissed off to the boiling point.

Postby Halfabo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:18 am

You would think people would care about the job they do. Their workmanship is what guarantees repeat costumers. I guess now though, they just soak you for all they can get and never expect to see you again. People used to take pride in their work. Now it's just about the money.
Halfabo

Postby bionic » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:11 am

I hate it when crap like that happens..which can be a-lot , at times..
um..
In every life, some rain must fall?
just..um..breath (go to your 'happy place')
"Serenity, now!!"
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Halfabo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:23 am

bionic wrote:I hate it when crap like that happens..which can be a-lot , at times..
um..
In every life, some rain must fall?
just..um..breath (go to your 'happy place')
"Serenity, now!!"

I suppose that could work. I prefer a rifle and plenty of ammunition. It doesn't solve the problem but, it does make you feel better. And the noise of the rifle, really gets your circulation going.
Halfabo

Postby frrostedman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:13 am

Incredible story Rykuss. That is horrible. It seems that everyone is going this way these days. Customer service and professionalism are a thing of the past. And business aren't inclined to provide professional work and world-class service because that comes at a premium vis a vis experienced, higher-salaried employees... things which the company can't afford because consumers are more interested in cheap prices than good service.

It's a vicious cycle.

And now, as it turns out, you probably would have saved time, money, and the frustration of it all, by just buying a new case, motherboard, and CPU from TigerDirect, and just installing your own DVD, HD, power supply, and video card.

Sorry man, I hope things work out and you somehow get the satisfaction you deserve.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:33 am

Very good posts here.
I too hate bad service, it's what motivated me to learn and do all I possibly can for myself, especially when it comes to saving money.

Reverse engineering is a great concept, more people should climb aboard.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:11 am

Hehe. Well after that rant, I calmed down, rolled up my sleeves and took another crack at it. After sending the owner a nasty email, of course. :lol: He left me a couple voice mails today as well as his personal cell number, apoligised and promised to make it right. Anyway, I'm coming to you from my Uber Gaming Rig of Doom! I figured out what the hell the guy did, fixed it and reinstalled a "clean" copy of Vista Ultimate. Anyone who has experienced Vista probably knows what a pain in the ass that is. I'm not sure but I think the guy at the shop attempted to do it himself, screwed up and was going to get someone more experienced to fix it while charging me for the reinstall. Anyone that's built a Vista PC knows you can't have more than one stick of RAM in the machine until after you install at least Service Pack 1. Trying before that point results in blue-screens, which is what was happening. So I'm pretty sure that's what the guy did, as he asked if my O/S was in the bag I gave him.

So, after ten flippin' hours, give or take an hour or two, I've gotten everything installed plus a brand spankin' new anti-virus. Unfortunately, I lost everything. All my save games, vacation videos, pictures, pr0n...I mean educational videos. :shh: Only thing left now is to reinstall all my games and patch them. That will take a few days at least I'm certain. I lurv meh some video games. :D Oh and get my damn side panel screws back from the shop. :x

Bah! Even though my PC is lightning fast now that it's all fresh and clean, Internet Explorer still sucks. Guess I'll need to download Firefox soon.

Postby at1with0 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:15 am

What are the specs of your new computer?

speccy reports these as my specs:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.00GHz 52 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. G74Sx (CPU 1) 55 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
2048MB GeForce GTX 560M (ASUStek Computer Inc) 43 °C
Hard Drives
488GB Seagate ST9500423AS (SATA) 28 °C
488GB Seagate ST9500423AS (SATA) 23 °C
Optical Drives
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT34N
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Oh and my new toy: a USB 3.0 external hdd that does not need a power cable.

I was playing swtor online for a spell there but now I don't game much. What games are you gonna play?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby bionic » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:59 pm

perhaps..the geniune answer(LESSNON, HERE?) is for all of us to, actually, live and appreciate our geniune, actual, day to day, lives?
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:50 pm

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate Service Pack 2
System Manufacturer: XFX
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8190MB RAM PC2 6400 DDR2 NVidia SLI Ready
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Motherboard: NVidia 750i SLI
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2048MB
Keyboard: Razer Reclusa
Sound Card: Creative SB X-Fi
Mouse: Razer Diamondback 3G
HDD: WD50 500Gig

at1with0 wrote:I was playing swtor online for a spell there but now I don't game much. What games are you gonna play?

I was playing EVE Online when my gaming rig went down but I have no plans to return to that game. I really can't afford it, although I was basically paying with in-game currency anyway. It's a chore really and the game has pretty much gone to hell in a handbasket. I got back into Diablo II: Lod and have played with frosty a bit, he migrated over to US WEST since he had noone else to play with. We are on different schedules though so we rarely see each other online. I have been an avid Single-Player of D2 for years and lost all my characters and ATMA stashes too. :cry: Really hoping I saved them to one of the bajillion disks sitting around here. I have been installing most of my RTS titles all day and patching them up. (Thank you, File Planet!)

RTS:

Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade, Soulstorm
Starcraft II - (This just finished patching)
Command & Conquer series (Red Alert 95,C&C Gold95, RA2, Yuri's Revenge, Tiberian Sun, Firestorm, Generals, C&C3 and Kane's Wrath, C&C4)
Warcraft Series - Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition and Reign of Chaos
Homeworld 1 and 2
Emperor: Battle for Dune
Dawn of War II
Company of Heroes
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos
Universe at War
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Galactic Civilizations II and xpac - I gotta reinstall stardock to get them
Sins of a Solar Empire
Starcraft and Broodwar

Various RPG's and some space sims as well, I just haven't gotten them all installed yet. I got X3: Gold Edition to fill the void. Comes with Terran Conflict, Reunion and the expansions. Hoping I like it as I've been looking for a good substitute for EVE Online. Whew! That's a lot of typing and I haven't even listed all my games! :shock: Another plus, I got my e-cig supplies in so no more going outside to smoke. Helps with installing all this stuff. :D

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts