The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Heresies in Vatican II

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby zoltan2 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:54 am

zoltan2

Postby at1with0 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Why bother with any sect?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Halfabo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:00 am

The problem is that every denomination keeps a lot of traditions of man, over what is written in Scripture. The organization called "church" is not what Christ founded, and is not the Church that He built. It is the people that are the Church. It has been my experience that there are many actual Christians in every denomination. But, they are there in spite of the denomination, not because of it.

I have known many true Christians who belonged to denominational churches, and many who belonged to no church at all (except for the true Church, The Ecclesia, that was established by Christ.) If you are going to find salvation, it will only be by the Blood of Christ. That will also make you a part of the Ecclesia, the True Church of the Living Christ. But, don't go to any denominational, organizational church and expect them to be right about everything scriptural.
Halfabo

Postby at1with0 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:00 am

What defines a true Christian? Does it mean not sinning? I wouldn't think so. The simplest definition I would use is someone who believes the Apostle's Creed.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby Questioner101 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:06 pm

The beatitudes are all that's required. Be nice to as many as possible.
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:36 pm

at1with0 wrote:What defines a true Christian? Does it mean not sinning? I wouldn't think so. The simplest definition I would use is someone who believes the Apostle's Creed.

I don't think it's possible to be sin-free, we are human after all.

Halfabo wrote:The problem is that every denomination keeps a lot of traditions of man, over what is written in Scripture. The organization called "church" is not what Christ founded, and is not the Church that He built. It is the people that are the Church. It has been my experience that there are many actual Christians in every denomination. But, they are there in spite of the denomination, not because of it.

I share this belief as well. I've seen true Christians in many denominational churches. These Christians were there because they truely felt that The Word was being preached from the pulpit and not some tradition of man or personal agenda. These Christians are the same, whether you see them in church or on the street. They live it, unlike most that you find in these churches.

Halfabo wrote:I have known many true Christians who belonged to denominational churches, and many who belonged to no church at all (except for the true Church, The Ecclesia, that was established by Christ.) If you are going to find salvation, it will only be by the Blood of Christ. That will also make you a part of the Ecclesia, the True Church of the Living Christ. But, don't go to any denominational, organizational church and expect them to be right about everything scriptural.

The traditions of man are a big part of what turned me away from the church. Sermons drenched in political overtones and downright racism. Preaching "what feels good" or what the congregation wants to hear. In other words, that particular group's beliefs and interpretations of scripture. In my opinion, the so called church of today is no different than the Pagan movement. Like the Pagan community, there are many different interpretations and beliefs which we see in the many denominations of Christianity.

Postby frrostedman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:20 am

zoltan2 wrote:Why bother with this sick sect

The only person bothering with it here is you.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am

Rykuss wrote:
at1with0 wrote:What defines a true Christian? Does it mean not sinning? I wouldn't think so. The simplest definition I would use is someone who believes the Apostle's Creed.

I don't think it's possible to be sin-free, we are human after all. .

It is not possible to have a sinless life. That is why Jesus came into the world.

at1, A true Christian is one who has faith in The Living God, and depends solely on His Son Jesus the Christ for their salvation. The Apostle's creed is a good description of what Christians believe, but, believing in it does nothing to save anyone.

Rykuss wrote:
Halfabo wrote:The problem is that every denomination keeps a lot of traditions of man, over what is written in Scripture. The organization called "church" is not what Christ founded, and is not the Church that He built. It is the people that are the Church. It has been my experience that there are many actual Christians in every denomination. But, they are there in spite of the denomination, not because of it.

I share this belief as well. I've seen true Christians in many denominational churches. These Christians were there because they truely felt that The Word was being preached from the pulpit and not some tradition of man or personal agenda. These Christians are the same, whether you see them in church or on the street. They live it, unlike most that you find in these churches.

Yep. Most folks don't understand this when you try to explain it. Being a Christian is not something you do to pass some time on a Sunday morning. You can't seperate your faith from your life, or your life from your faith. They constantly point to the people who will spend an hour in church on Sunday then go out and raise hell the rest of the week, and claim that is the typical Christian. They don't understand that is not a Christian at all.

Rykuss wrote:
Halfabo wrote:I have known many true Christians who belonged to denominational churches, and many who belonged to no church at all (except for the true Church, The Ecclesia, that was established by Christ.) If you are going to find salvation, it will only be by the Blood of Christ. That will also make you a part of the Ecclesia, the True Church of the Living Christ. But, don't go to any denominational, organizational church and expect them to be right about everything scriptural.

The traditions of man are a big part of what turned me away from the church. Sermons drenched in political overtones and downright racism. Preaching "what feels good" or what the congregation wants to hear. In other words, that particular group's beliefs and interpretations of scripture. In my opinion, the so called church of today is no different than the Pagan movement. Like the Pagan community, there are many different interpretations and beliefs which we see in the many denominations of Christianity.

Most Christians would be better off walking away from most churches. The church organization has done more to harm Christians than any other entity on earth. You'll be alright as long as you remember to walk away from the church and not away from God or Christ Jesus. Most of man's traditions that are kept in churches are pagan. They have nothing to do with the teachings of Christ.
Halfabo

Postby zoltan2 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:33 am

frrostedman wrote:
zoltan2 wrote:Why bother with this sick sect

The only person bothering with it here is you.

Once you are molested and beaten by priests you know they are part of a sick sect.

:mrgreen: is like the pederast priests in the sense of:

The pederast priests in their love for boys and girls sin a mortal sin in having sex with children yet confess and sin again.
While :mrgreen: sin a mortal sin in using contraceptives methods with his wife against the catholic Church and his god
confess and repent again.
I am not a liar as :mrgreen: claims on his soap box about being abuse by priests as a kid
zoltan2

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts