The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Racial and Religious Discrimination / Stereotyping

Malcolm x discuss...

Although this is set to be a controversial forum, it is detrimental to a community of free speech, open ideas, and dialogue. Warning: Some topics may be offensive to some users.
Forum rules
In this forum dedicated to Racial and Religious Discrimination / Stereotyping, you will find controversial topics and ideas.

The main rule in this area is to stay away from racist comments or attacks. But, in the same respect, this is a place to state your thoughts and ideas on racial profiling, whatever they might be.

I have ZERO tolerance for racial remarks and insults, but, if you'd like to share ideas respectfully, you are free to do so.

Postby ricardo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:07 am

ricardo

Postby greeney2 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:16 am

That was almost 50 years ago, what was your opinion of it, you posted it?
greeney2

Postby ricardo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:55 am

greeney2 wrote:That was almost 50 years ago, what was your opinion of it, you posted it?

much of his work to me , historically was depicted as the militant black Muslim movement. when it should be seen as challenging white supremacy and the beginning of the civil rights movement, an important part of our history.
additionally, he taught segregation of the races but I believe it was an method.
for equality and black pride. controversial to say the least. less militant in later years. I'm surprised how little of this History is covered in school as reported t me by high school students. also , the middle east though not subject of the movie, share similarities. for example , one culture ( race or ethnicity subjugating another ) a source of great conflict in the world today. (or Tibet )

in the film x does teach about stereotypical behavior. that unfortunately but less, exists today. I'm I in trouble again ? I'll remove the post if its perceived as offensive.
it's your place I'm sure you could if you wanted to.
Last edited by ricardo on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:17 am

thanks for asking. I thought it was interesting enough to post because a lot of your members come from the great divide of social change in our short history.
civil rights, women's rights , minority rights etc...( I do too.)

im sure if my writing was better perhaps more people would respond. I think at least a few of my posts are mutually satisfying, entertaining, and occasionally intellectually stimulating. I benefit from this process and hope others do too. I have also learned that some of the best writers often say nothing. I appreciate the effort in spite of this.

needn't worry if things get ? I'll find another blog or twitter. (never done that) the last 4- sites I participated in all went down. (never banned.)

my goal for being here is pretty much like I stated. when I joined. I'm not here being deliberate or balancing your interesting site. I'm being me.
ricardo

Return to Racial and Religious Discrimination / Stereotyping

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts