The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Separation of Church and State and the Exclusionary Rule????

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby orangetom1999 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 am

Hmmm..It is interesting to me the silence from the anti christian crowd ..the anti religious crowd..on this topic line and thought.

Is this mixing church and state...state and church??

Is the president crossing the line here or are some people very selective about this topic...Separation of church and state and the exclusionary rule.

Does this line of thought only apply to the people of the country and not to government ..or is the limit intended to be on government and not the people??

What does the amendment state??

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I am reading this as a limit on government not on the people. To further state this ..the first ten amendments are all limits on government not the people.

However here we have a president preaching from the pulpit for support to his policies.

http://times247.com/articles/obama-at-p ... x-the-rich

and here

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/jesus-t ... -1.1016370

and here

http://www.joy105.com/president-obama-s ... -the-rich/

I just find it interesting the silence from the separation of church and state crowds on this...pretty much total silence from someone acting in a official government capacity.

To me this just shows the lack of separation..or the one way ness of it.

Which also confirms to me that politics and government are a devout and zealous religion. One undefined to and for most of us.

It also confirms the dominant media bias in supporting such a government religion by the bulk of the MSM.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby at1with0 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:33 am

MSM, mainstream media??
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:36 am

Your quote states: Congress shall make no law---------------etc etc. It is a declaration of what laws they can not make.

The President speaking in those terms and references has nothing to to with your quote, which lists specific laws congress can not make. That does not imply the President can not make reference to religious standards of values. Your country is not void of religious reference from your money to the court houses, and symbols everywhere in the goverenment. Your Veterans cemetary is full of white crosses marking the graves. We are a country of religious freedom, yet we expect our President to not relate or invoke a single religious overtone, while we look to see if He has a regular church on sunday. We elect a leader with high moral standards, hopefully, and elect someone who has a declared religion and who is a regular worshiper.

I do not see anything Obama said as against your quote at all.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:07 pm

at1with0 wrote:MSM, mainstream media??

Mechanically separated meat?

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:56 pm

greeney2 wrote:Your quote states: Congress shall make no law---------------etc etc. It is a declaration of what laws they can not make.

The President speaking in those terms and references has nothing to to with your quote, which lists specific laws congress can not make. That does not imply the President can not make reference to religious standards of values. Your country is not void of religious reference from your money to the court houses, and symbols everywhere in the goverenment. Your Veterans cemetary is full of white crosses marking the graves. We are a country of religious freedom, yet we expect our President to not relate or invoke a single religious overtone, while we look to see if He has a regular church on sunday. We elect a leader with high moral standards, hopefully, and elect someone who has a declared religion and who is a regular worshiper.

I do not see anything Obama said as against your quote at all.

Yes, but, the obvious point is the double standard and flagrant hypocrisy of the left wing and media, who would have jumped ALL OVER this if George Bush or any other Conservative said it. O'bama is clearly citing reference from the bible to support his marxist policy of economic and social "justice."

He's basically saying, "Jesus would do what I'm doing, so... if you have a problem with me then you obviously have no respect for His commands."

The sad thing is this. A smart person discerns this for what it is and discards it. A person of average or slightly below average intelligence is smart enough to connect some of the dots... "Oh I see. Jesus supported Obama's brand of economic and social justice. Ok, well that changes my mind." But they aren't smart enough to connect the remaining dots.. the ones that reveal they are just being manipulated. Now, if the media steps in and points out all of this, many of them will understand. But if the media squelches any dissenting opinions... then the American people are left to rely upon their own intelligence and awareness.

That's the thing. The media is supposed to be a friend, supporter, and protector of the American people. Instead, it's just a political arm of the left wing politicians.

Thank goodness for the few folks we have out there in the media who are fighting hard to equalize things. (FOX, Rush, Hannity, Ingram, Malkin, Coulter) Some of them may be right wing bomb-throwers but they are still outnumbered 20 to 1 by those equally harsh on the left wing, in the media.

Speaking of Ann Coulter, I have lost a ton of respect for her now that she has become a Romney-Zombie, and is throwing bombs at Newt Gingrich nonstop, and even praising Romney-Care as a Conservative program.
Last edited by frrostedman on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 pm

The problem with all of those who think that separation of Church and State means that you can't have any religious reference in government is that they don't understand what the Church is. The first amendment is designed to keep the government out of religious affairs. But, the Church is the people, not the organization. As long as the people are still citizens of the U.S. they cannot be denied an active role in the government. So the Church cannot be kept out of government.
Halfabo

Postby frrostedman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Halfabo wrote:The problem with all of those who think that separation of Church and State means that you can't have any religious reference in government is that they don't understand what the Church is. The first amendment is designed to keep the government out of religious affairs. But, the Church is the people, not the organization. As long as the people are still citizens of the U.S. they cannot be denied an active role in the government. So the Church cannot be kept out of government.

Very well said. Perfectly said.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:35 am

frrostedman wrote:
Very well said. Perfectly said.

Thanks Tom. But, I'm sure it will fall on purposely deaf ears.
Halfabo

Postby bionic » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:44 am

at1with0 wrote:
at1with0 wrote:MSM, mainstream media??

Mechanically separated meat?

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp

I don't know what THAT is..but my chicken nuggets were never alive..the chicken nugget fairy waved her waund and magically created them..also, my burgers, too..no ..gag..'pink slime' for me!!
whimper
:roll:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:49 am

Halfabo wrote:The problem with all of those who think that separation of Church and State means that you can't have any religious reference in government is that they don't understand what the Church is. The first amendment is designed to keep the government out of religious affairs. But, the Church is the people, not the organization. As long as the people are still citizens of the U.S. they cannot be denied an active role in the government. So the Church cannot be kept out of government.

Right and noone would dispute that. However the absurdity that one can run on a religious platform, vowing to pass legislation based on religious morality, doctrine, scripture if elected is what orangetom is pointing out. That and basically giving a sermon. The religion of politics, or as I like to call it, business as usual. So I suppose that's why an Athiest can't run, they supposedly do not have any values or morals. Same for any candidate running on anything other than the Christian ticket?

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts