The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Ohio shooting suspect may have used relative's gun

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby at1with0 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:00 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... c2b7e409fd

"We're all absolutely stunned," Sawczak said. "He's an average kind of kid."

Sawczak, 58, a pastor who has worked with troubled children, said he never saw hints of what was coming. A next-door neighbor of Lane's grandparents for almost 25 years, he said the couple, who have custody of the teen, gave Lane a healthy place to live. They often took them to school events.

"They are in shock," Sawczak said. "They are absolutely devastated."

What does it mean if a seemingly average kind of kid does this?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby ricardo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:12 pm

I think kids are a blank slate...from where much is written that molds the complex human psychological development of an child. overly simplistic to characterise as normal , contrary to the portrayal of an broken home. and the
resultant abhorrent/ abnormal behavior. at1w/zero.

life can be cruel in its Darwinian imposition and is oft misunderstood .
constantly one must be vigilant of our most spiritual / primal needs and wants.
it will be premature to second guess w/ out an extensive social forensic investigation.

but this youth/man you depict as 'seemingly average kid'' had an history of abuse, that did not include love, in my opinion. because in the presence of love, and compassion , I do not believe these events " just happen "

cont...
always amused but saddened ,to hear the ' parents' - ' guardians ' provided a roof over their heads, food , and warm clothing ... which says nothing of the spiritual developmental needs of children, young adults throughout their lifetime.
ricardo

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:21 am

What does it mean if a seemingly average kind of kid does this?

First off it's a reflex action....always the case.
Second....define today's average.

Is it average to have 100 FBI agents on scene within a few minutes? Why have local LE if they're are incapable of doing the job that they were hired for? Maybe they are only ticket worthy cops, or domestic violence pawns!!!

These are the things that trip my trigger, things most people never consider.. It's a sad case of insanity these days.

Good question though: What does it mean when it comes to being a normal kid these days...........?

Discuss?

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby at1with0 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 am

What I find particularly troubling is that this kid was able to pull off a masquerade leaving everyone surprised by his actions. Average means, in part, that such actions would utterly surprise you. There are some kids who are clearly at risk for this type of behavior and this one apparently wasn't in that category.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:43 pm

The normal and abnormal question is only hard to answer becaues nobody knows what normal is anymore. Normal has morphed into a big grey area of "whats wrong with that", from manners to belief in God. If you could bring back people from different times, and show them today, they would fall over dead again in disbelief about what we call normal. What they said wasn't normal when I was a kid, is entirly different from today. How do you expect the kids today to be normal when the adults are so screwed up today?
greeney2

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:24 pm

at1with0 wrote:What I find particularly troubling is that this kid was able to pull off a masquerade leaving everyone surprised by his actions. Average means, in part, that such actions would utterly surprise you. There are some kids who are clearly at risk for this type of behavior and this one apparently wasn't in that category.

at1.....you're really close to the wood burner ;) Think back to Jared Laughner..at first the MSM spawned jokes of it being laughner...amazing or not you're on to the things some people will never ever consider, let alone grasp.

Laughner's stash was in excess of $2,000.00 American dollars...Just clips, ammo, and weapon alone............not to mention what ever else was never disclosed. WHERE did he get those funds ( being a psycho who had issues that kept him from gainful employment and all )..........any lengthy employment anyway..

Is this incident any different? So at first jump ( it's a relatives weapon ) OH MAY HAVE BEEN...is what has been told.. This isn't rocket science, which is as I said...............what really trips my trigger.

Why so surprised? How so shocked? Talking about the relatives ( slash ) caregivers......

These are things that to me..................as you've mentioned...give me serious pause............Maybe folks these days are too buried in their own little worlds to ever notice or consider anything outside the lines.........sad case indeed......... A life is a terrible thing to waste, let alone destroy in an instant of insanity........

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby bionic » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:15 pm

what bothers me is my own reaction when I learned of this..it feels so commonplace to me now
:(
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:46 am

bionic wrote:what bothers me is my own reaction when I learned of this..it feels so commonplace to me now
:(

I own a few weapons and anyone who's responsible, knows where they are at all times, no exceptions... To not know is inexcusable. But I agree with you, at the end of the day this has become a bit too normal...if you will. Who's gun was/is he suspected of having is my question and how did he obtain it.

Did you see the coach give his interview.........People who react may squirt a few tears upon reflection, most do not....I'm struck ( as usual ) by the hero aspect of a person simply doing the right thing at the right time....I tend to call it a decent side of human nature, something removed from heroism all together.

School stories...gun stories..lost souls stories...where does it all end?

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby at1with0 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:33 am

Cole_Trickle wrote: School stories...gun stories..lost souls stories...where does it all end?

:idea: indeed.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:34 am

Why is this so common place? Common place for Los Angeles to have gang shootings daily. cop chases that end in shootouts had one the otherday. Yesterday a bank hostage. Day before bank robbery and a cop was shot. In Washington State, a 9 year old took a 45 to school in his backpack and it went off hitting a little girl. Last week 2 11 year old girls in a fistfight over a boy in Long Beach suffered a brain hemorage and by evening was dead in the hospital. A boy jumped off the 3rd story of school into the courtyard during school killing himself over bullying last week. This is daily news, and the close to 700 murders a year in Los Angeles, do not even make the news or local paper they are so commonplace. Turn on the news and the first 5 minutes are just endless stories like this.

If our real life misery isn't bad enough, from rapes and murders, to terrorist acts or plots, we entertain ourselves with all this as well. Just turn on your television and what do you see? Flooded with graphic CSI dramas, crime dramas, terrorist dramas, special effects and depictions that would have made people not acclimated to it throw up or pass out. We have slowly been acclimated to seeing the most graphic of scenes, just imagine a timeline of special effects from the 1930's until now. We are also acclimated to gun use, and do the same time line from a Gene Autry western to today. What do we think todays video games are doing to acclimate all this further.

When guys like me were kids, you might have had a fist fight in school, you duked it out, and next day were pals. Nobody ever had thought of killing someone, and we had as many bullies as they have today. What morped us from that to commonplace school mass murders, because of bullies? Why so many suicides? Look at what has acclaimated them to this point, the TV and Video games sure didn't help. Maybe lack of structure by parents? Lack of family values? Broken homes? Other family dysfunctions? It is always the ones least suspected, no real signs, how many times do neighbors says "They were such a nice quiet family"?

ARe we all capable of that "one moment of insanity"? Is our society all wound up like a loaded spring, where its commonplace these school insodents? The workplace insodent where the man tried to kill his boss over a transfer last week? Commonplace the kid who shot Gabby Gifford and 6 others killed?

Have we just acclaimated them into it, desensitized everyone into not knowing what is normal anymore? along with providing blueprints to crimes with all the CSI kind of programs? All this has everybody and their brother sleeping with loaded guns under the pillow, its no wonder a 9 year old had a loaded gun in his backpack in Washington.

Its not hard to figure out, just bring back one of your departed loved ones who last saw our society 30, 40, 50 years ago, they would take about 3 seconds to know whats not normal. 3 channels on TV, One news segment at 6, I Love Lucy, Concentration, and Our Miss Brooks is Normal!
greeney2

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts