The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Obama has no respect for our servicemen!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Well just watch todays news Panda, it will tell you the USA picked up the tab for his $250 date in New York with his wife, and that the Air Force Jet cost you $24,000 for his night out. Maybe that Salute you all think is so stupid, that I read character over, shows a a lot of arrogance adn insincerity. He spend your tax dollars for a single dinner, when Washington DC probably has 5 star restraunts a car ride away, just as good. He just stuck it to the taxpayers, at a time when we are crumbling economically.

Like every post on this board, it seems to get spun several directions irrelevant to what was said. No wonder everyone gives up around here.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:21 pm

Well in regards to the Mission Accomplished dealy, it was relevant to the discussion, entirely.

Seeing as the topic being discussed was disrespecting servicemen, I'd say it's actually as close to a perfect comparison as I've ever seen really. The question he is trying to make you ask is "Did you think it was disrespectful of Bush (back when he was on office) "saying" mission accomplished?"

But excuse me, my memory falters.. Did he actually verbally say it, or was it just the flag in the background?
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:38 pm

The Bush Aircraft Carriar was discussed and beaten into the gound when it happened, and has nothing to do with Obama failing to return a Salute properly.

If you want to spin this into a Bush issue, be my guest, it has nothing to do with what I posted.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Yes it does. Being stubborn won't turn a meaning. ;)

It is relevant in that it was the president disrespecting sevicemen, both cases.
It's obviously not Bush's fault, but the two situations are similar in nature.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:44 pm

It is relevant in that it was the president disrespecting sevicemen, both cases.
It's obviously not Bush's fault, but the two situations are similar in nature

What is only similar in nature was my comments on page one how Bush would return the Salute properly and discribed why. But instead of discussing that similarity, somehow Rob brings up the Jet and Carriar landing. Bush himself atmitted regreting the Carriar insodent, but that is irrelevant to the two Presidents and how they returned Salutes in totally differnet manners.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:29 pm

John, that's not the point. The point is either can be perceived as being disrespectful, and either can be seen as nothing. I'm not arguing about the mission accomplished thing, except of it's relevance in this discussion.
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:31 pm

I explained my point, I'm done!
greeney2

Postby jwebb » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:29 am

I like Obama, but I think it is a poor choice not to salut, he should, it only makes sense, but this doesn't mean that he doesn't have respect for them. But yes, he needs to salut, after all, he is the president of the US. I just joined the Navy, we do it all the time.
There can be no faith in government if our highest offices are excused from scrutiny - they should be setting the example of transparency.
jwebb

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:49 am

Would that be the Iranian Navy my friend, or are you just trying to be funny?

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby jwebb » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:53 am

Cole_Trickle wrote:Would that be the Iranian Navy my friend, or are you just trying to be funny?

Cole

I live in the United States, and I have joined the US Navy...
There can be no faith in government if our highest offices are excused from scrutiny - they should be setting the example of transparency.
jwebb

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts