The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Obama has no respect for our servicemen!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Tairaa » Sat May 30, 2009 2:10 pm

I agree with Greeney on this one.

Even though as noted there is no rule saying he has to, its about respect. These people offer (and frequently give) their lives in service of their country, I would think that the president would have enough respect for that to return a simple salute.

As Greeney said, officers don't need to salute to lower ranking soldiers who salute them, but it is almost always done.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat May 30, 2009 3:25 pm

A Leader can´t be perfect all the time you know ;)
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Sat May 30, 2009 4:11 pm

No excuse, we aren't talking about perfection we're talking about offering a respectful gesture back at those who have offered their lives for your service.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby _Billy_ » Sat May 30, 2009 6:39 pm

My God, wonder if he dresses right or left. Bush screwed up the US and made us the most hated country in the world, and some of you are worried about a salute. I have seen him salute many times, if he forgets sometimes it may be due to having more important things on his mind, like straighting out the economy that the Republicans have got us in.
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby pandasex » Sat May 30, 2009 6:46 pm

_Billy_ wrote:My God, wonder if he dresses right or left. Bush screwed up the US and made us the most hated country in the world, and some of you are worried about a salute. I have seen him salute many times, if he forgets sometimes it may be due to having more important things on his mind, like straighting out the economy that the Republicans have got us in.

I have to agree he could bang his wife on Lincoln's lap for all i care just fix things !!! :lol:
BURNING MAN, burning man, BuRnInG mAn,
pandasex

Postby chiselray » Sat May 30, 2009 11:22 pm

greeney2 wrote:I have been watching something Obama does, since his first day in office. It shows he has positively no respect or regard for our Men and Women in uniform. Anyone who has even been in the service knows the protocol and meaning a Saluting. It is a bond of respect between Enlisted men and Officers, that goes both directions. When you see any officer approching, you are to give a snappy and what we would call a Salty Salute, and greeting of Good Morning or Afternoon Sir, and hold that Salute until returned or you pass. Any Officer worth his salt will be glad to respond in the same manner, a courtesy that extends from the lowest Private to 4-Star General. When you see Obama exit AirForce One or his Helicopter, you will see Marine Guards at the bottom of his stairs Saluting the Commander in Chief. What does Obama do? He gives a Salute to the crowd who is watching him, and passes by those Marines like they never exsisted.

You may have hated Bush, but Bush Acknowledged and Saluted back to his Guards directly, as it should be, with respect and a salty snap in respect. Nothing can be more of a moral maker as to be on the recieving end of an officer showing you, you deserve his respect. And nothing can be more of a moral breaker, when that one on one contact, is not made, but is spent on a PR show for the crowd.

Sorry folks but in my book the Commander in Chief should never allow himself to steer away from Military tradition and honor, and never disrespect the lowest Private who is Saluting him. It isn;t a show to the crowd, it is leadership where everyone in the Chain of Command, gives and recieves respect, in every level from the Commander in Chief down.

Its obvious obama is against standard mutilation of civilians and servicemen ,bottom line is he dreams of a better way...how can you attack someone for a caution bow. He draws a draws a line in the sand which says current war is bad and he stands back as dreamer of opportunity, and still look apon the horizon for a better way greeny..
Some servicemen are dumhsits ,they love the job,no doubt,you couldnt doubt that..they are in it for the namesakes,bs heros of morons and wanna bes'..Some are honourable sorts...i respect them but the grownups who have been injured in the war and have those bad memories of it mostly regrets being involved in any of it..
chiselray

Postby Lashmar » Sun May 31, 2009 3:07 am

_Billy_ wrote:Which is worse, not saluting, or getting this country into a screwed up mess?

And what mess would that be? :? Seriously. He didn’t cause the recession and the US isn’t capable of fixing it. :?
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby _Billy_ » Sun May 31, 2009 5:27 am

"Talk about stupidity, if your brains were gunpowder, you couldn't blow up a gnat's arse." - Billy

Glad you like it. Evidently John didn't, as I got a warning. This board has become so damn boring I thought a little levity would help. It's John's board, guess he likes boring. All the old personalities have left, guess I will be next.
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun May 31, 2009 5:37 am

My God, wonder if he dresses right or left. Bush screwed up the US and made us the most hated country in the world, and some of you are worried about a salute. I have seen him salute many times, if he forgets sometimes it may be due to having more important things on his mind, like straighting out the economy that the Republicans have got us in.

Exactly my point :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:38 am

We have been hated in the world with every President we ever had I think. I don't see people loving us much more with Obama. Not from the comments I hear from Saturos and others who are not from America.

As far as the economy, much of todays homeloan problems generated from the end results of Clinton years, so no President is clean when it comes to mistakes. Most of the home loan problems came from a period of time, when those kinds of loans started, and came due years later, because they assumed they would have positive equity to refinance with when that day came. Many had 5-10 years on one payment schedule, that expired. It was all part of creative financing to get people into homes without downpayments. Live for todays payment, becasue tommorrow will never come. When it did, values had all dropped.

Obama has already made some monumenal mistakes to many people. He bailed out GM with billions and they still are going bankrupt tommorrow. He bailed out AIG with billions, and 3 days later were living it up in a lavish 5 star hotel for a "restructuring convention", none of them with a dime of accountabity for the money. Executives all helped themselves to huge boneses, and many retired so they didn;t have to give it back. It doesn't seem to matter much who is President, the Amnerican taxpayer pays for all of their mistakes.

I made an observation about what a Salute means and should be, and like most other subjects on the board, they get spun into something totally off point. Anyone who has been in the military I think understands what I'm referring to.
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts