The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Niece: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Would Not Wear A Hoodie

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Infowars.com wrote:
Niece: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Would Not Wear A Hoodie

mlk_hoodie___april_4th__1968__nikkolas_smith_by_nikkolas_smith-d60mzww.jpg
mlk_hoodie___april_4th__1968__nikkolas_smith_by_nikkolas_smith-d60mzww.jpg (332.74 KiB) Viewed 656 times

By Kit Daniels
Infowars.com
July 17, 2013

Dr. Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., rejected the now-viral image showing the late civil rights leader wearing a hoodie just like the one Travyon Martin wore the night of his death.

“Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would very likely not wear a hoodie,” she said. “I can assure you he would not wear sagging pants.”
Dr. King made this statement on the Andrea Tantaros Radio Show on Tuesday after being asked what she thought of the image entitled MLK Hoodie – April 4th, 1968.

“I can almost promise you Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would not wear a hoodie,” she further emphasized later in the interview.
Dr. King also said that people need to think with grace rather than emotions in reference to the image and the overall backlash to the George Zimmerman verdict.

“There was a reasonable doubt in that case,” she said. “So the case went the ways of the laws of this land, but now we need to go further and look at the human heart.”

Dr. King also called out the mongers in the media and elsewhere who are trying to spin the verdict into racial tensions between Caucasians and African-Americans.

“As far as trying to fit the Caucasians against African-Americans, Mr. Zimmerman is a Hispanic,” she said. “Although we are one blood, one human family, one human race, there’s a lot of deception and emotion in these things that are being spurred.”

“Mr. Zimmerman is not a Caucasian. He’s not.”

Even when her uncle was assassinated in 1968, Dr. King said that it wasn’t fair to blame it on Caucasians.

Right before her father left home in order to retrieve the body of the slain civil rights leader, she said she stood in the kitchen ranting, “I hate white people!”
“Alveda, white people did not kill your uncle,” Dr. King’s father said to her as he held her in his arms. “The devil did.”
From that experience, Dr. King learned to answer violent tragedies with love, not hate.

“We answer with reason,” she said. “We answer with sanity.”

Other people have also rejected the image, which was originally posted at Deviant Art.

“It seems over the years, people have forgotten what exactly he (Dr. MLK, Jr.) was fighting for: equality,” one commenter said.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby En-Lugal » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Sadly, her message will go largely ignored in favor of these so-called "community leaders". Like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who only seek to further divide the country for their own political gain.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby blackvault » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Well... We can hope some will wake up :)

Great signature line, by the way! :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby orangetom1999 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:53 pm

En-Lugal wrote:Sadly, her message will go largely ignored in favor of these so-called "community leaders". Like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who only seek to further divide the country for their own political gain.

Agree with what En-Lugal states above. I too think that someone out there is using and misusing " The Usual Suspects" to divide and fractionate the nation along racial lines. I am insulted by this method and tack.

I also think that this is encouraged and quietly promoted from the highest offices in the land..while selectively choosing and manipulating issues for political gain. I am insulted by this as well.

I was thinking the other day what an Irony it is that a government who would spy on so many nations and also heavily on their own people...this same government would be upset when one of their own turns on them and spills the beans on their spying. What a strange ironic turn of events.
That is not exactly how much of the MSM is promoting or speaking of it. And this also includes both political parties.

Also agree En-Lugal..that is a great signature line.

I too do not believe that Dr. Martin Luther King would wear a hoodie. I think he had more class than such.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby En-Lugal » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:26 pm

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_n ... ial-remark

State Senator Vivian Figures confirms controversial remark

Updated: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 6:35 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 6:35 PM CDT

Steve Alexander
Photojournalist: Hal Scheurich
MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - State Senator and Senate Democratic Leader Vivian Davis Figures confirmed she made a comment some have said to be controversial.

It happened Tuesday, July 16, while Figures spoke to Democrats in Homewood, Alabama.

SPEECH IN HOMEWOOD, ALABAMA

Figures spoke to a group called the Over The Mountain Democrats at the Homewood Library.

The comment came after a question from a member of that group.

Figures was asked if she believed the way the Republicans got the super-majority in the Alabama House was racism, and she responded, “I think so.”

This isn't the first time Senator Figures has used racially charged rhetoric in retaliation for not getting legislation passed, or getting her way. It's disgusting and I am absolutely fed up with the race card being played for political gain, at the expense of the American people. Anyone remember the early years of the internet? The defacto word to go to when someone was losing an argument was "nazi". It was everywhere, you couldn't escape the word. It got so bad, as I'm sure you all recall, that forums and chat rooms filtered it. So it should be with the word "racist", as it is so over used. I've since become desensitized to it, it doesn't hold the sway it once did anymore. It's use has become so predictable that I can see it coming a mile away, and the person I'm debating with instantly loses all credibility from that point on.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Seems a little irrelevant in one respect, but in another respect, the most notable and highly regarded family, the Martin Luther King family is really acknowledging to other African Americans, a hoody is at times a symbols that says "beware". This is as much of a sign as big baggy shorts, or a belt worn below the butt cheeks (personally I find utterly stupid), and even black people can identify with this. That said, if you see a figure in the dark wearing a hoody, or in an alley, lurking out behind someplace, walking into a jeweler y store or 711, any storekeeper would instantly be aware of possible robbery. You would have a totally different impression, just like George Zimmerman, than if you saw someone by a campfire in the national park, camping and wearing a hoody. This is not racial profiling, at best it is profiling of things that look suspicious, in certain settings. I will be first to admit, walking int he rain, is a good reason to have your hood up.

In MLK's time (my era), nobody ever worn hoody sweatshirts, sweatshirts were grey flannel sports sweats, with no hood or collar. We also didn't have tennis shoes other than black keds, plain ol fashioned gym tennis shoes, or plan ol fashioned deck shoes that were probably $3.99 a pair. Shorts were none existent that were big baggy gang banger shorts, Shorts were either Bermuda shorts, regular PE shorts, or maybe a pair of bluejeans cut off for the summer. This is why the idea of MLK and hoodies is a little ridiculous, since none of it existed, as well as all these gangs of today were non existent.
greeney2

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts