The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

New Front Page

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:56 pm

It really sounds like a cookie problem. Does the same thing happen with a different browser?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby En-Lugal » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Well everything was working correctly with Firefox, for the first time in months, as I had this problem before the new look was implemented. At least on this computer, anyway. I'm guessing everything would work fine with IE but I refuse to use it because of security breaches, especially on this old XP PC. My cookie setting haven't changed and even trying to change them has had zero effect. I'm guessing it's just my old outdated PC in conjunction with modern browsers. Sometime after the New Year I hope to repair my modern-ish gaming-rig.

I say modern-ish because I built it several years ago and even it is outdated by today's PC standards. Being poor and all, I have to wait for yesterday's hot tech to come down in price. :P
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby blackvault » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:00 pm

My question is now... on the current browser you may have a problem. On a different browser, though on the same computer, do you still have the problem?!
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby En-Lugal » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Nope, this computer has IE 8 on it and the forum seems to work just fine with it. I am able to bounce around the forum, section to section, thread to thread with no logging out issues. The only plug-in I use with Firefox is Noscript but even "allowing all" achieves nothing. I have the latest version of Firefox so no idea what the problem could be. It's strange because yesterday the forum behaved perfectly with Firefox for the first time. Today it went back to misbehaving.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby blackvault » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Sounds like maybe the security setting you have, within FireFox. The fact that it happens with one browser, but not the other, kind of rounds it down to that.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts