The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

More on the "what is truth?" question

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue May 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Lost faith in reality? :eh:

Please elaborate on your off-topic personal comment which seems at the very least to border on negative characterization if not outright intentional trolling...
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby khanster » Tue May 01, 2012 11:08 pm

At1with0 has been having memory problems, yes. Here then at1, a memory refresher ...for you :clap:

khanster

Postby khanster » Tue May 01, 2012 11:15 pm

DIss0n80r wrote:Lost faith in reality? :eh:

Please elaborate on your off-topic personal comment which seems at the very least to border on negative characterization if not outright intentional trolling...

You and at1with0 appear to have lost faith in reality, for whatever reason, I don't know. Now you spend the best years of the prime of your life on these forums arguing with whoever will respond to you about any and every possible topic. You twist the meaning of words and play games with language solely for the lols.

What do you believe in? What is meaningful and what gives you purpose for existence?

What philosophy makes the most sense to you?

To you, Dissonator and at1with0, what is truth?

Don't be shy Dissonator and at1. what is truth, for you?
khanster

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue May 01, 2012 11:41 pm

The Heart of Interdependent Origination

The whole world is cause and effect; excluding this, there is no sentient being. From factors which are only empty, empty factors originate.

Those who impute origination even in regard to very subtle entities, being unwise, have not seen the meaning of conditioned origination.

Hence, there is nothing to be denied and nothing to be affirmed. See the real rightly, for one who sees the real is released.

--Nagarjuna
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Why so serious Khanny?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed May 02, 2012 12:21 am

8-)
DIss0n80r

Postby khanster » Wed May 02, 2012 12:30 am

at1with0 wrote:Why so serious Khanny?

:think: :think: :think:

khanster

Postby khanster » Wed May 02, 2012 12:59 am

DIss0n80r wrote:The Heart of Interdependent Origination

The whole world is cause and effect; excluding this, there is no sentient being. From factors which are only empty, empty factors originate.

Those who impute origination even in regard to very subtle entities, being unwise, have not seen the meaning of conditioned origination.

Hence, there is nothing to be denied and nothing to be affirmed. See the real rightly, for one who sees the real is released.

--Nagarjuna

Looks like your Nagarjuna philosophy is one that implies that no one needs to take personal responsibility for their own actions. Correct me if I am wrong about that
khanster

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed May 02, 2012 1:28 am

It can be interpreted that way.

The moral implications are irrelevant, though. Whatever the truth is, I doubt it is all sweetness and light.

Perhaps we are part of a simulation, one that is impossible to transcend. One would have to decide for oneself how to deal with that and all that it entails. Who knows?

Perhaps we are part of an interdependent reality, and thus consequences are legitimate. Maybe the conscious being shapes itself through its behaviors, in each moment and across vast kalpas of time. There could be kinds of metaphysical inertia and habituation by which beings become "stuck" and defined in cyclic patterns. Or other beings may see beyond their own chosen domain but prefer to dwell there for their own reasons...

Who knows?
DIss0n80r

Postby khanster » Wed May 02, 2012 1:44 am

What are you 100% certain of? What is an absolute undeniable truth of existence?
khanster

PreviousNext

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts