The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

More Proof for Unbelievers

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby OraProNobis » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:03 pm

at1with0 wrote:So drop it when it suits you to do so.. I see how it is.

I'm not dropping it because it suits me, if you all want to continue on with the vein of thought and debate, go ahead.

I'm just not too interested in spending too much time in getting someone else to understand how I have come to view prayer.

After stating my viewpoints, and the sources as to why I see it that way, it just becomes senseless, and seems to take away from the true spirit that God wants me to have, and that is love for each other.

Its ok if someone differs in opinion than me at1with0 , because in the long haul, its the living God that has the final say on what is the truth, and I trust that He will give the graces needed to the souls He wants to understand a truth.(including me , because I still have much to learn , and be enlightened about)

My main focus for now, is to pray for the Holy Spirit to enlighten ALL souls. If others do not think that is a worthy focus, that is fine. In the end I have to answer to God .

The reason prayer was even brought up in this thread was because , these Jesuits had said the rosary everyday in their home, and somehow, that could have had some sort of affiliation with how they were miraculously spared from nuclear blast and complications medically.

Now , I'm not saying everyone who says the Rosary will be given great miracles, because it is God who knows how heartfelt and sincere prayers are , and many souls just ramble words without feeling them in their hearts. I think many Catholics as well as other Christians can be guilty of this at times (I know I have lost focus praying the rosary and let my mind wander), but I do think God knows the sincerity of one who is trying to pray to the best of their ability , and takes that into consideration.

Anyhow, just my two cents on why I don't want to get into long rambling debates, that seem to go nowhere.

I think its ok to agree to disagree, with as much respect for the other person ,as we would like to be given.

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way at1with0, with something I may have said in the thread.

Here is a prayer that I would like to put into this thread (considering I started it ), just because I like the purity and simplicity of it.

A PRAYER TO THE HOLY SPIRIT:

Come Holy Spirit,
Enlighten my heart,
to see the things which are of God;
Come Holy Spirit,
Into my mind,
that I may know the things that are of God;
Come Holy Spirit,
Into my soul,
that I belong only to God.
Sanctify all that I think, say and do,
that all will be for the glory of God. Amen.

OraProNobis

Postby ricardo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:36 am

frrostedman wrote:Indeed ricardo. I was very refreshed that our paradigms are so similar!

Though I will admit.. my metaphor of pillow fights got me thinking about that inevitability we all know of. Maybe there is less to this free will thing than we think; since everyone knows, if you put some girls in the same room with a bunch of down pillows--it will always end up with the girls in the bras and panties, and feathers filling the air. That seems to fly in the face of free will but perhaps it is just fore-ordained. Inevitable.
Praise God for the simple, good things life has to offer. :thumbup:

hold your horses...

ok , what will predetermination look like ? I feel as if I'm swimming adjacent

a bit stream not unlike - descriptive wise - lol an lava lamp , ( any colour ) lol

the globs are the predeterminates Any spaces in between are free will. lol

maybe predetermination is a repetitive chain of events free floating in time.

I'm experiencing an repetitive chain of events . it's clearly large of all chains. took

me awhile to see it. really big. curious, redue ? to fullfill destiny ?

can I dodge , do I want to avoid this or do the powers that be , ask :Ricardo ,

are you sure of this specific pattern of 'free will' do the results match the pattern

of free will input ? does free will , prayer, possibly influence the seemingly

amorphous globular masses of free floating predeterminates ?
input ?
Last edited by ricardo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:50 am

if predetermination is discernible from an repetitive chain of events ,

it's overstated the obvious ... proofs / most absolutes / therefore,

we have to qualify this to be metaphysical blending w/ the physical

universe. interacting in an beneficial symbiotic manner. lava lamp ?
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:00 am

" good things life has to offer " pillow fights ? :think: lol
Last edited by ricardo on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ricardo

Postby at1with0 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:09 am

Nice prayer (truly) but, still, God already knows.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby ricardo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:51 pm

oh , qualifiers needed... for fundamentalist/ conservative Christians ,
metaphysical can be interpreted as an component of GOD ( Christian religion)
but is not exclusive. ( modern) ' the light beyond antiquity and stoning '

the prayer: I think a Christian can appear humble w/ out lacking confidence.

therefore, This is why the prayer ' appears selfish ' I will say the same thing no

matter whom wrote it. within the context of OPNS numerous posts/

writings about Christianity , I have no doubt she is an good christian and

defender of the faith. her confidence will improve w/experience and time.

that's a good thing ...
ricardo

Postby OraProNobis » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:45 am

ricardo wrote:
within the context of OPNS numerous posts/

writings about Christianity , I have no doubt she is an good christian and

defender of the faith. her confidence will improve w/experience and time.

that's a good thing ...

I don't consider myself a "good" christian, but a Christian who is on a learning curve, and a Christian with weaknesses , in need of grace to overcome.(forgiving and loving those who slander you, and cause you ill will can be very difficult :( )

I pray my confidence and trust that Jesus is molding me, according to His will ,increases , and I pray that for all souls, as well the prayer above can be said for all souls.

Yes Ricardo, I am a defender of the faith , but I struggle as well, and without the prayers of my brothers and sisters in Christ, and the outpouring of the graces of the Holy Spirit, I fear that many times I would fail to get up after falling.

I do hope my confidence in the grace of Jesus, and my strength in the virtues of faith ,hope,and love, do increase with time.
OraProNobis

Postby ricardo » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:19 pm

I only know good Christians . ( honest intentions- sincere / 99% of the battle)
a bad Christian might in the vernacular be a " sinner " but, redemption negates
this state of sin , thus... however , w/ out heart ,nothing is presant/ void] as you alluded to- sincerity ( prior post ) a lot of this is rhetorical .

man you don't carry a chip, I think you got a brick on your shoulder at times.
if your gonna dish it out, take some of the heat ( whoops poor choice of words)
I hate it when that happens. it will become lighter when you realize some
here will rather win an argument , than their own soul . ( about slander)

its ok to tell some of these ... pause for effect... people , that they are crazy ,
flat our wrong. the trapping of 'dialectics' is frustrating fosho , but as you know
the spirit transcends and makes possible the improbable in the physical universe.
take some credit too. take care.
ricardo

Postby OraProNobis » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:57 pm

ricardo wrote:I only know good Christians . ( honest intentions- sincere / 99% of the battle)
a bad Christian might in the vernacular be a " sinner " but, redemption negates
this state of sin , thus... however , w/ out heart ,nothing is presant/ void] as you alluded to- sincerity ( prior post ) a lot of this is rhetorical .

man you don't carry a chip, I think you got a brick on your shoulder at times.
if your gonna dish it out, take some of the heat ( whoops poor choice of words)
I hate it when that happens. it will become lighter when you realize some
here will rather win an argument , than their own soul . ( about slander)

its ok to tell some of these ... pause for effect... people , that they are crazy ,
flat our wrong. the trapping of 'dialectics' is frustrating fosho , but as you know
the spirit transcends and makes possible the improbable in the physical universe.
take some credit too. take care.

oh dear sweet ricardo.. the slander on this website, is nothing. I can honestly say I have no ill grudge towards anyone, and even have a fond affection for some who seem to be my adversaries.

I adore Humphreys, and wish him and his family nothing but the best, and my heart understands event_horizon more than he realizes. I also like at1with0 , and can relate to his questions.

I mean serious slander on a much grander scale ricardo, in my personal life. My only solace is that God knows everything, and truth will be revealed someday, about me, and about those who have gone to deplorable extremes, just because they can, and they enjoy toying with human lives, and the hearts of those who have stood up to their corruption.

If a just soul stands up to evil, evil does not care what it stoops to in its anger to tear at the one who speaks the truth.

I carry my crosses Ricardo, that you don't know of, and sometimes I carry them with too much bitterness, and not enough forgiveness and love for my enemies. But my enemies are not those who disagree with me about religious matters, or have differences in opinion. No my enemies are those who have seriously affected my personal life , and take joy in doing so, with no regret .

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement , Ricardo, and I apologize for not making myself more clear on what I meant by slander.

I appreciate your uplifting words very much , and you are a consoling soul for me on this website, and you have no idea how much that helps me internally , where others and yourself cannot see.

Thank you so much for that, and may God bless you abundantly.
((hugs))
OraProNobis

Postby ricardo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:55 am

enemies my crosses , there you go again . me me me- my enemies ? my crosses?

- I don't have enemies I just have people whom want me seriously dead.
said ricardo lol thanks OPN for the goodness that struggles at times !

I've noticed so called Christians utilizing
an ancient technique to use against what they perceive to be evil.
was it intended for human kind to use.?
curious what you think.

thanks for the Internet hug I rather enjoyed that.
ricardo

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts