The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Moderators on The Black Vault

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:11 am

Hello everyone,

First off, I want to say THANK YOU to the very few who have dedicated their free time to moderating this board. A couple years ago, I really needed help watching this board to implement features and new additions to The Black Vault. Only a few stepped forward to help me out, and take the reigns making sure everyone stayed in line. Little did they know, the main issue would be spammers hitting the board - which although an occasional one slips through now, it has been dramatically reduced.

I know some of you were hesitant about the idea - but we all got used to it. Including me. But the time has come to take the next step in The Black Vault's development, wherein the trust is now in all of you to continue to moderate yourselves. I feel we are at a point where we don't need policeman, and I am back to a point where if we do need one, then I'm the policeman :)

I don't pay the money every month to keep people out of this site. I pay it to welcome you in.

If you feel that there is a post that needs moderating or "policing" than by all means, "report it." Above EACH post in the thread is a "!" in a triangle. Clicking on that will allow you to report the post to me directly, with no fear of repercussion. They are ONLY seen by me. And although I may not agree with your report, I'll take a look and act accordingly.

I hope in this new era of The Black Vault Message Forums, we continue the respect and admiration for the people around us. We won't always agree. In fact, some of us may NEVER agree, but that is the fun of learning. One thing I have learned moreso over the past few months, is when people challenge me (intelligently) it pushes me to look deeper, push harder for answers, and to investigate more. I hope that is the same for all of you.

There is no need to discuss this issue further, so I am going to go ahead and lock the topic. But I wanted you all to know how thankful I am to those who helped me out. And further, how this decision is based on the desire to move forward with the evolution of the board - and although that help they gave me is still always welcomed, it is no longer required. 8-)

Thank you again, and let's have fun on the boards!
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts