The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Moderators

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Should we enlist moderators?

We can report our own posts, definitely NO
41%
Yes
35%
No
18%
Not sure
6%
I don't care
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby chiselray » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:28 pm

No...absolutely not..no mods..

Instead what you need to create is a karma point system.
One who should be spoken to will accumulate 1 karma point by way of a karma button or report post by the offended people...too many karmas you are automatically chilled out for 1 month..
John check your pm box please..there is a place for mods .. :geek:
Last edited by chiselray on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiselray

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:42 pm

whatever you think its the best sir... :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Nesaie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:09 am

It's up to you John.

Personally, I got tired of people bringing up my moderator status when I expressed a different opinion than them. I really wouldn't wish that on anyone who doesn't have a thick skin.

The point thing sounds good, until it becomes a popularity contest. I don't like that idea.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby mael » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:17 am

What would be the responsibility of any moderators?

Would they (for example) be able to move, censor posts or ban unruly posters? (Even temporary bans)?

If the power of mods is merely to notify admin and do not hold any real power then I believe their being appointed would be a waste of time.

If mods were able to stop personal attacks and keep the discourse of this board above a certain level where debate is possible then it's a great idea.

And you can consider me as a mod for 'General Discussion' and W.O.T. , where I would be pleased to try to maintain board decorum and enable debate to proceed according to the established rules.
mael

Postby chiselray » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:42 am

ROLF
chiselray

Postby Lashmar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:59 am

mael wrote:And you can consider me as a mod for 'General Discussion' and W.O.T. , where I would be pleased to try to maintain board decorum and enable debate to proceed according to the established rules.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What’s going on whit this new mael? :? I don’t like it at all; I want the old one back. :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Nesaie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:18 am

mael wrote:

And you can consider me as a mod for 'General Discussion' and W.O.T. , where I would be pleased to try to maintain board decorum and enable debate to proceed according to the established rules.

Good luck with that one. Try having a real life and keep people on topic, let alone not swearing...And you want people to be civil too? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tried to keep people from not swearing in the religious forum, I mean come on, of all the forums, that one should at least obey that rule. Not possible. I even got complaints about not being fair when I tried to enforce it. It wasn't about fairness, it was about not seeing posts because I try to live in the real world too.

I'm not sure if moderators are the answer. I have seen the abuse of power around here as well.

I kinda like Chiselray's idea of rating posts, but still have a concern that it would turn into a popularity contest, and not as it's intended. Though, that last board...with its feature of rating posts "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" was kinda cool. If you rated a post "thumbs down" you could skip reading that post again.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:23 am

What’s going on whit this new mael? I don’t like it at all; I want the old one back.

I guess he has been anal-probed by a grey... :mrgreen:
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:42 am

Like Rath! :shock: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:45 am

Poor poor rathy... :cry:
Dark-Samus

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts