The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Mexico Cartels Similar to Al Qaeda?

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Halfabo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:42 pm

I'll keep praying bro. I don't think Mexico having a new president will make much difference, the cartels are pretty much running the country all ready. What government and law enforcement they have is corrupt.
Halfabo

Postby frrostedman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Halfabo wrote:I'll keep praying bro. I don't think Mexico having a new president will make much difference, the cartels are pretty much running the country all ready. What government and law enforcement they have is corrupt.

(thanks gudskeaptacal -- my babe is in San Antonio now, just 4 hours away :thumbup: )

Halfabro, (not to say you're half a bro, cuz you're a full bro, but... I am conveniently combining halfabo and bro to save keystrokes. See how that works? I'm a geenyus!)

Actually, Calderon is doing SOME good. It amounts to a few drops in the bucket but like I think I said in the original post, my wife's home town is wall-to-wall Mexican military which does keep the cartels away. Mexico can only do this in the hot spots but it's better than nothing. What they will get with the new president is nothing.

Many of the Mexican support the idea of capitulating to the cartels, thinking it will keep the anger/revenge/violence down but I think it's a foolish way to go.

On a larger scale, isn't it similar to some in the US supporting our aggression vs. Al Qaeda, while others (Ron Paul et al) support leaving them be, in hopes that they will quit being angry and violent? :sick:
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:33 am

Mighty glad the Mrs is getting home safe and sound. this is one of those double edge swords we have. Those who want hard sealing of the borders, and getting the illegals out of the USA, versus those who sympathize with there way of life, and coming here to work and better it.

As for Ron Paul, some his ideas about liberty and the Constitution sound good in theory and on paper, but we have tried ignoring and just swallowing the acts of terrorism and hoping this will just go away. We did nothing over the Marine Barracks, the USS Coal, and over several embassy bombings. Hoping they would not do it again, only led to the first WTC attempt, and finally the one that really worked. A major act of war. As for the drug cartels, anyone that doesn't think the USA is not a main place of business is fooling themselves. Mexico and the USA should just hunt them down and get rid of them.
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Republican candidate Gary Johnson (who is considering running as an independent in the general election) believes that if we legalize drugs it will immediately defund and disempower the cartels. I'm not so sure. The cartels are still getting plenty of pesos from the Mexican people.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:41 am

frrostedman wrote:Republican candidate Gary Johnson (who is considering running as an independent in the general election) believes that if we legalize drugs it will immediately defund and disempower the cartels. I'm not so sure. The cartels are still getting plenty of pesos from the Mexican people.

The cartels would possibly start treating "legit" (legal) drug dealers as rival cartels...not a good reason to decriminalize.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:10 am

I would work about as good as legalizing drunk driving and think it would solve the problem.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:18 am

On the other hand, drunk driving is not a victimless crime.
Why should drinking be legal and drug taking be illegal?
Of course, driving under the influence would still be illegal.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:45 pm

I'm guessing that if drugs were legalized and sold here within our borders, the cartels would be hurt badly. Their ranks would be thinned. That might leave them vulnerable enough for the Mexican Army to sweep them up once and for all.

But if it wasn't done correctly, I think the cartels would survive the first blow, then start trafficking in whatever is still illegal. Crystal meth, crack, heroine, automatic weapons, military grade weapons... whatever it takes to stay in business. Their probably already supplying US-made/sold firearms to Al Qaeda through Venezuela. They'd probably increase that a lot if drugs became less lucrative.

I love my li'l wifey. Sometimes I watch her sleep and just... feel grateful, wondering what this miserable old bag did to deserve someone so perfect.
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:38 am

frrostedman wrote:Now that my wife is back safely I'm changing the title of the thread so it doesn't unnecessarily put a spotlight on me, as if that's what I want, which I don't. Thanks for everyone's help/prayers/kind words.

Hi. Please join me in praying for protection and safety for my wife. She took a trip to Manté, Tamaulipas, Mexico to visit her family. I had to stay back and work but even if I was off, I wouldn't have gone as I would draw unnecessary attention and put us in danger.

As always, my wife drove just across the border, and left her car with some family in Reynosa, Tamaulipas. Then she takes a bus the rest of the way which is about 4 or 5 hours. Now, that USED to be the safest way to go -- other than flying direct which is cost-prohibitive.

But I just heard (and didn't know beforehand) that the Zetas Cartel is targeting buses in Tamaulipas because their rival cartel (Cartel Del Golfo) is busing in reinforcements. The 2 cartels are fighting over all the territories within the state of Tamaulipas. Recently the Zetas stopped multiple buses and gunned down everyone.

So now the buses aren't safe.

My wife already got to Manté but I still worry about her trip back. She said that the whole city of Manté is crawling with Mexican Army -- which is a bad sign yet it's good for safety.

Zeta Testimony Solves Mystery of Mexico Bus Massacres

Frosty, so glad she is okay. Frankly, I would tell her I didn't want her going there anymore.
I know thta's hard to do becaus eof fmaily ties. But I would pretend that mexico is like spain..way far away. because right now, in a way..it is.

The cartels there are, very much, like terrorist groups..and the military and much of the government is corrupt and paid off by the various cartels.

They are so bold as to fire upon our own Border Patrol agents, ploice, and US citzens on US soil, even..so..yah know..a feral and dangerous bunch, them
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:22 am

What's crazy to me is, the Mexicans all don't want to leave because they don't want to be away from their family. I have offered to support her entire (immediate) family; move to a big house and take them all in.... all they have to do is pack up and come join us... and they just won't do it. They have hundreds of regularly visiting family members down there. It's crazy... being an American I just don't get it. My current family consists of a couple of siblings I hardly talk to. My wife's family, seriously.. and this is just the people she's close to... is over 200. Easily.

She'll show me photos of like a whole mob of family members... "Mida, mi amor... ok this is Juan, this is Popín, this is Rudolfo, this is Araceli, this is Olivia, Miriam, Roberto, Jose, Junior, Lolís, Marisol, Vero, Ricardo, Reuben, Emily, Omar, Pablo, Melani...." and I'll stop her and put my finger over her lips and be like... "It's ok honey, I lost you on the 2nd one.. I'm old and I can't remember..." :wtf:

Oy vey!!!! Get me an aspirin! And a drink! STAT!
frrostedman

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts