The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Health & Health Hazards

Medical Marijuana Requests At An All-Time High

Stay healthy and stay tuned to the most recent developments in Health watch.

Postby Nesaie » Wed May 20, 2009 11:30 pm

Wing-Zero wrote:

Tar is tar, and smoke is smoke.

It's common knowledge that when you have heated smoke that goes into your lungs, whether it be from a bong, a joint, or a bubbler, it's going to burn the cilla in your lungs and the moisture inside your lungs is going to turn that into tar. Thats going to cause respitory problems, etc. I know many people who have smoked a lot of weed who wake up every day coughing up a storm, hacking up black s**t, and unable to run as fast as they use to because of the fact they smoked.

I don't personally know any old time stoners. The people I know, it was a high school thing. Do you have any more information about this? Preferably by a non-government source?
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu May 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Nesaie wrote:
Wing-Zero wrote:

Tar is tar, and smoke is smoke.

It's common knowledge that when you have heated smoke that goes into your lungs, whether it be from a bong, a joint, or a bubbler, it's going to burn the cilla in your lungs and the moisture inside your lungs is going to turn that into tar. Thats going to cause respitory problems, etc. I know many people who have smoked a lot of weed who wake up every day coughing up a storm, hacking up black s**t, and unable to run as fast as they use to because of the fact they smoked.

I don't personally know any old time stoners. The people I know, it was a high school thing. Do you have any more information about this? Preferably by a non-government source?

Wish I could, but the only "proof" I have is stuff that I've noticed with friends and family of friends. I'm trying to look through a couple different articles but I really have no idea what constitutes a government source vs. a non-government source for you, so I figure I'll just throw up a few and let you pick and choose.

http://news.bio-medicine.org/medicine-n ... co-1079-1/

http://www.jointogether.org/news/resear ... auses.html

This last one isn't really a "news" source, per say, just someone's opinion on the differences between marijuana and alchohol.

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1130.html

I know many people who are just out of high school, 18-20, who smoke weed daily and they have all the problems I listed above and more. Weed is still better than cigarettes will ever be, and I would gladly support legislation to completely legalize and tax the hell out of it, but it's a dellusion to think that marijuana or any other drug doesn't come with risk to your body.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Thu May 21, 2009 9:27 pm

As for medical risks, marijuana is less damaging then cigarettes and alcohol, and it's less mentally distorting then alcohol is. But yes, of course it's not healthy. It's not like your body benefits from it's use. :)

I know several people in that age group that smoke pot daily and they too have all those above listed issues. However one of the things I appreciate about weed is that once you stop you don't need a very prolonged period before those issues go away. I found this both in myself and in others who have quit it who used to smoke it. It's almost as if it just keeps you high in a really minor sense, so it effects everything for 2 or 3 days afterwards just in the littliest degree, and it builds up after a while.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri May 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Tairaa wrote:As for medical risks, marijuana is less damaging then cigarettes and alcohol, and it's less mentally distorting then alcohol is. But yes, of course it's not healthy. It's not like your body benefits from it's use. :)

Speaking purely from personal experience, I would take being hammered over being high any day. When I first tried smoking pot and got high it was the first time I was genuinely scared of anything. I couldn't feel my legs, people were talking to me and I couldn't hear them, my head was spinning constantly and then I blacked out till the next morning.

No, it wasn't laced. It was weed that I helped my buddy grow from day 1. It's just that weed and me don't mix, and I know a couple other people who've gotten "The Fear" from it too, while they've been perfectly normal while drunk.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Fri May 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Never experienced it, but I know what you're talking about. Some people get it. I never did.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Nesaie » Sat May 23, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks for the links Wing-Zero. :)

Both of those studies come from the same data set based on surveys, given by the government, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. People tend to lie on surveys. Surveys can also be written in such a manner as to produce the "right answer". Without knowing the actual questions, I can't say for sure how well done this survey was. Both of those studies also admit that 77% of pot smokers are cigarette smokers. Don't you think that kinda affects the data? We know what cigarettes do.

The government has been trying to demonize pot for years, I'm sure this is another example. They claim that through some magic of math they "controlled" out the 77% of cigarette smokers. I say, they kept them in intentionally to screw up the data and make pot look bad. In the Yale study, the National Cancer Institute was involve. The cancer industry has a need to demonize pot too. Real studies and real life testimonies actually say the opposite. There is likely something in THC that not only helps to cure cancer but also prevent it. But, the NCI can't have that, there is too much money to be had in the cancer industry.

NHANES: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes.htm

Yale Study: http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/v ... ?badlink=1

If you can find any legitimate research on pot, let me know. I'll warn you, it is very difficult to find legit cancer studies in the US. Unless a big pharma co, or the government is actively involved, it is close to impossible for a school to study marijuana. They can get heroin, crack, coke, etc. easily to study...but pot...no way. The government is scared of us finding out that they're lying about it, IMO.

Oh, and most of the studies the government has conducted, that I've read, are flawed. You can tell the flaws when you read their methodology.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Tairaa » Sat May 23, 2009 10:39 am

I've read some interesting peer-review articles. It was found to be very likely that Delta-9-Tetrahydracannabinol does infact fight free-radicals in your body and help to slow the growth of preexisting cancer and to prevent new cancer from developing.

They also found that they are utterly unable to give rats cancer with marijuana, despite their best efforts.
Tairaa

Postby Nesaie » Sat May 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Do you have any links to those studies SRO? I'd be interested.
Nesaie

Postby Tairaa » Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 pm

I had them in document form, not link form. And alas I haven't held onto them, but I bet I could come across them again. However at the moment I've an abligation. But I'll look for them afterwards. :)
Tairaa

Postby Tairaa » Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 pm

Alas I've given it a try and I cannot seem to find said articles. :(

Should I happen across them in the future I'll send them along to you.
Tairaa

PreviousNext

Return to Health & Health Hazards

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts