The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Black Vault Website & Forum Support

Malware Alert

Need help? Do not know how to do something? Ask here! You may find your issue already addressed, so make sure you read through some of the threads already in existence.

Postby frrostedman » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:25 am

I don't know about anyone else but here lately, I've been getting some strange activity while visiting this site. I've had IE sputter then crash on me 2 or 3 times. Then about 3 hours ago, I was here typing a message, and I could tell something was going on in the background... Windows would go into "thinking" mode for several seconds at a time, during which I would lose control. Then I got a message "Adobe needs to update" and I clicked yes. Well, it was a malware Trojan (FRAUDPACK) and it just took me the last 3 hours to wipe it off my hard drive and restore full functionality. It is one NASTY virus, let me tell you.

BV visitors and users, beware!

John - this hasn't been happening to me on any other sites. I'm wondering if you recently banned someone who is trying to corrupt your system and attack your users.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby blackvault » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:01 am

Thanks for letting me know about this, but no, no hacks have been successful, and nothing on my servers is new/corrupt.

You may have been just simply on my site when it took effect. Not sure. If anyone else experiences anything like this let me know!
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby frrostedman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:17 pm

I was an idiot, of course, for clicking 'yes, update' because I even remember thinking "that's an odd looking adobe program... never heard of it.'

:roll:
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby mrmonsoon » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:15 pm

May I suggest the following:

A good free antivirus (avg 10)
A good firewall (zone alarm)
Good cleaning programs:
ccleaner
malwarebytes
glary utilities
Defraggler ( a good defragging program)

These are all free/legal programs to download and use and update.

download them by going to google and type download ccleaner and so on.

hope this helps and feel free to ask other questions if i may help.

I have my own computer business and would be happy to help when and as I can.
mrmonsoon

Return to Black Vault Website & Forum Support

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts