The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Major Threat to Religion? Clergy People Turning Atheist

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:22 am

Good! write a summery of what the entire Book of 2Kings is about and what it means, since you read every bit of it.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:32 am

Humphreys,

You don't even read posts before jumping in and shoving your own foot in your mouth. For instance, qmark said to me:

"However, let's assume for a moment that you are god."

Yes..Humphreys. I understood what qmark stated on the previous page. And you took a bite out of that apple with what you posted...astonishing!!!

As I stated..I don't even think you know of what you post.

In like manner with some of the others here, I don't expect you to get it ..and hence I post this with the others in mind and not your understanding.

You replied with this...

qmark, if I were a God, of course it would not be okay for me to do whatever I liked with my creation, not while assuming a position of morality, anyway. It kinda reminds me of the story of a top greyhound breeder I read about, he was breeding dogs by the thousands searching for a champion, and felt justified in shooting and dumping any dogs who did not show promise.

You need to check the history of rulers operating under "Divine Right of Kings" for morality. History seems to be a very poorly understood subject by many of "Intellect" out here.

THe basis of the Bible and God is Authoritarian...not Optional. This is why so many rulers tried in the manner they do..through one empire or another to imitate it...among men. Absolute power.

Some of us know what is stated by Lord Acton about absolute power being exercised by men...in history.

And then to look even more silly ...you follow it up with this...

Once pain, suffering, intelligence and emotions are invented, a good, ethical creator assumes a sense of responsibility for the well-being of his creations, in my book.

You reject God...you reject His Book...you reject so much about what is known and written...and then to top it off...you expect God to hold to your line of morality???

You have no idea and avoid the topic I posted in rebuttal about what it meant or means when Adam and Eve are banished from the Garden Of Eden to the East past the Cherubim with the flaming swords.

They were on their own...by their sins...responsible for themselves...

This is what it means ...to eat bread by the sweat of their brow..and to travail in birth...to lose God's blessing...to be fallen.

They had lost God's blessings and coverings...under his wings.

You don't believe in God or his Word...think all this is a fallacy..made up..not credible...

And here you are arguing for God's care and morality..like welfare.

You have to go to public school Humphreys to get this naturally dumb and not notice it!!!

It is astonishing once you see it for what it is.

Hence my comparison to someone stealing your candy bowl.

It never occurs to men of intellect that men themselves lost the candy bowl..on their own merits or demerits.

Why that is not possible..I have science...intellect...!!

But God owes me morality....I deserve it!!

I can see the contradiction here...the confusion. And I know the name of the author of confusion.

And I am with Surety..that others here can see the contradiction for themselves.

Humphreys...

You are in the UK ..for goodness sake.

Do you not know what happened in history as a result of Marston Moore and Nasby Field...??

The English Civil war...where Divine Right of Kings was stopped in England by the Beheading of Charles 1st in 1649.

Since that time no English King or Monarch has ever declared themselves to be divine right.

For the Absolute power that men always desired was to imitate God and put this over on the people..that their power was absolute..from God..unlimited..that they could make or break any law without accountability.
Their Crown was by the authority of the Church...and by this God...unlimited power.

Men have sought one method or another to return back to this unlimited power...and today by intellect..by reason..by science...to repeat this template of absolute power. And politics intends to use/misuse science to achieve a return to this goal today...the absolute mastery of everything.

Think I am kidding...read this headline...from just today..

.McCain on Obama Granting Work Permits to Illegals: He Can't Do It Because He's Not King

http://cnsnews.com/

At least someone in our Congress knows some history.

You are arguing for morality from a God you don't believe in ...have no confidence in His word...and at the same time do not understand what is in his word...outside of the flesh.

Observe Event Horizon here...

How can you be so in love with something you never even met? How is that equivalent to someone you actually know in the flesh? It isn't, because with one you can have conversations with and see them...the other is just an idea or a thought.

Know in the flesh???

Is not much of science within this same description??

Thanks to all for their posts,

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby orangetom1999 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:36 am

Event Horizon wrote...

I did read it, you ignorant fool. And there's nothing in there to suggest that the 42 boys that were attacked by bears is supposed to be a "symbolic" story.

And the actual sequence with the bears is 6 sentences long, not "one." So you don't even know what 2:23-24 says, much less the whole thing.

As someone in an earlier post referenced...I don't think it is symbolic as well. I think it happened.

However..I do not hold God to account for any morality of it.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby humphreys » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:17 am

Oh jeez, he's off again.

Rape my eyes, he does.

How is one supposed to reply, to such a mess? Image
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby event_horizon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 am

greeney2 wrote:Good! write a summery of what the entire Book of 2Kings is about and what it means, since you read every bit of it.

Why don't YOU try to write a summary about anything? :lol: You couldn't write a summary about a freakin' bowel movement, which is what it seems like I'm reading every time I read your posts.

You need to read it and verify that the story isn't "symbolic," like I told you, asshat...since that's what you're arguing. Even your pal, Orangetom, has agreed that it isn't symbolic.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:46 am

orangetom1999 wrote:Event Horizon wrote...

I did read it, you ignorant fool. And there's nothing in there to suggest that the 42 boys that were attacked by bears is supposed to be a "symbolic" story.

And the actual sequence with the bears is 6 sentences long, not "one." So you don't even know what 2:23-24 says, much less the whole thing.

As someone in an earlier post referenced...I don't think it is symbolic as well. I think it happened.

However..I do not hold God to account for any morality of it.

Orangetom

It is possible it was a literal event, and it is possible it was symbolic, and different religions do not regard all stories in the Bible as literal. I think it is safe to say most purly Fundementalist religions would regard it as literally happening, and more moderates may not. However, either way, literal or symbolic, a person can conclude some reasonable meaning, as to how it may relate to their life today. EH making an accessment I am an ignorant fool, ridiculing an opinion, or suggestion or a possible meaning to the verse, isn't much different than boys taunting and harrassing, calling someone Baldy. And to have no shame doing it. One thing I am positive of is EH is lying when he states he has read from beginning to end, the entire book of 2Kings. He would not be bothered, and I'm betting will never take the challenge to write a summery of what its all about and means, even if he does not believe it.
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:18 am

Yes, the message is quite clear. Disrespect people, and God will mess you up harshly.

You disrespect people daily greeney, so I take it you don't really take any notice of all this Bible silliness, right?
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby orangetom1999 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:32 am

Humphreys,

How is one supposed to reply, to such a mess?

You'r doing a good job..by logic and reason.

Greeny2,

It is possible it was a literal event, and it is possible it was symbolic,

Yes...It is possible. I just happen to Believe it was literal..that it happened. However ..I am not one to hold God accountable for it. I do not assume that God sent them...as do others.

I also don't do this in disagreement.

You need to read it and verify that the story isn't "symbolic," like I told you, asshat ...since that's what you're arguing.

Humphreys,

Yes, the message is quite clear. Disrespect people, and God will mess you up harshly.

Been around the world much lately??

Try this is some nations ...where they are not Christian..and see what happens.

You need to check your intellect here....about the customs, traditions, and beliefs of other nations...today as well as yesteryear.

I could not conceive of going into the deep Amazon and showing these people disrespect. Not a good idea.

Nor someone up in the high mountains of Nepal.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:33 am

Nice try Humpheys, how about you, have you actually read the entire book of 2kings from beginning to end either?
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Yes, and I have read the whole Bible, no I will not do a write up for someone like yourself who is too damn lazy to read the book of his own religion.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts