The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Major Threat to Religion? Clergy People Turning Atheist

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby orangetom1999 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:39 am

event_horizon wrote:I don't get emotional very often. If I never got emotional then I wouldn't be human. I don't mistake television or movies for real life -- it's an escape from reality. I don't let politics, education, or a an ancient book written by primitive savages dictate to me what to believe or how to think.

Can't say so much for all the sheep.....and one emotionless sociopath.

Here you go Greeny2,

A public education at work. Peak performance..in summary.

This....
I don't let politics, education, or a an ancient book written by primitive savages dictate to me what to believe or how to think.
contrasts sharply with the secular history of men written back to ancient times as well as in "Enlightened" times in the last 100 to 150 years and the knowledge of Democide.

There are those of us who have not taken such a big bite out of this intellectual fruit and will not do so. For we know that there is nothing new under the sun.

By R. J. Rummel..on Democide....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democide

His research shows that the death toll from democide is far greater than the death toll from war. After studying over 8,000 reports of government-caused deaths, Rummel estimates that there have been 262 million victims of democide in the last century. According to his figures, six times as many people have died from the inflictions of people working for governments than have died in battle

Primitive savages????

However..the difference is in this...

I don't get emotional very often. If I never got emotional then I wouldn't be human.

The difference is in glorifying our human traits. I choose not to do so.

I am not here to glorify my humanity. I am here to Glorify Him.

Between these two positions is a great gulf as can be seen in the posts here on Black Vault and I make note of it..in many ways. The one which grates on the souls of Humanists..glorifying human traits..is a public education. Their skin is that thin they think I post this or the Book is to tell them how to think. I post this to those who can see, hear, and understand.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby humphreys » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:07 am

orangetom1999 wrote:I am not here to glorify my humanity. I am here to Glorify Him.

Why are you such an arrogant, self-obsessed ass then? :problem:
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:57 am

Looks who is talking! :Doh:
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:44 pm

greeney2 wrote:Looks who is talking! :Doh:

Look at yourself.

You even managed a petty flame-war with Rath in a simple thread about the Olympics. You only know how to flame.

I, at least, am not pretending to be "Mr. Humble-Servant-Of-God" as orangetom is.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:48 pm

And just like here, you don't see that it was Rath who started the bullshit against the UK.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:30 pm

greeney2 wrote:And just like here, you don't see that it was Rath who started the bullshit against the UK.

:shh:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:46 pm

In the last days, the christians will mislead many a seeker toward the gates of hell so that they may feed their vanity. The doomed seeker will fall with the christian into the pit, and much scary apocalyptic imagery will ensue. Whoah to the sons of zion, for the cries of raptors will intertwine with the wailing of babes, and behold, I saw orangetom all decked out in black armor, with fiery eyes and a wicked sword, and he pressed to the hindmost of the damned, urging each last precious spark into that blackest gulf, and through his ferocious ministrations not a wretch tarried.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby khanster » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:54 pm

khanster

Postby DIss0n80r » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Mini-me, you complete me.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby khanster » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:49 am

DIss0n80r wrote:Mini-me, you complete me.

khanster

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts