The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Major Threat to Religion? Clergy People Turning Atheist

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby orangetom1999 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:09 am

event_horizon wrote:

From page 39 of this thread...more of a movie and television education...passing as reality ...a conscious dream state... or an unconscious dream state. Does it really matter...if one gets results from it?? AKA ...a public education...

and then followed by this...also on page 39....

by humphreys » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:46 am

at1with0 wrote:
How can there be dreams without a dreamworld?

They are imaginary, this is not South Park, Imagination Land is not real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKCwTTfPr9k

This is intellect...real??? Scientific...wise men???

A movie or television education....?? or is this conscious dreaming or manipulation.... little or no real life experiences such that one has to substitute a television or movie experience...television or movie emotions for talking points and reality????

Think carefully about the nature of this..then watch our leaders try this same tactic on us for votes and power. Grabbing you for your vote after feeding you drama after drama after drama. All working on your emotions/consciousness...knowingly or unknowingly.

Think about it.. many of these people are now voters.

Obviously by the widespread use or misuse of this technique...there must be a very devout and zealous tendency to spread this belief system without many being aware of it and or how it works.

What is the name of this devout and zealous belief system...what name would you attach to it??
Does this work or is it related to dreams dreams as well?? I refer here to a television and movie education as a trigger/stimulus/control mechanism. Think about it.
Is this not what many are debating about movies and television after the chaos in Aurora, Colorado last week??

Curious about this.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:26 am

I don't think anyone is confused or has a clouded idea of the reality of what happened in Colorado Orangetom. People know reality from a fictional movie, and only someone mentally deranged would imagine himeself as one of the villians of a movie, and actually act on this fantasy.

I think you take the idea that television and movies, makes the total make up, of everyone who ever turned on a television.
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:10 am

orangetom1999 wrote:
event_horizon wrote:

From page 39 of this thread...more of a movie and television education...passing as reality ...a conscious dream state... or an unconscious dream state. Does it really matter...if one gets results from it?? AKA ...a public education...

and then followed by this...also on page 39....

by humphreys » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:46 am

at1with0 wrote:
How can there be dreams without a dreamworld?

They are imaginary, this is not South Park, Imagination Land is not real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKCwTTfPr9k

This is intellect...real??? Scientific...wise men???

A movie or television education....?? or is this conscious dreaming or manipulation.... little or no real life experiences such that one has to substitute a television or movie experience...television or movie emotions for talking points and reality????

Think carefully about the nature of this..then watch our leaders try this same tactic on us for votes and power. Grabbing you for your vote after feeding you drama after drama after drama. All working on your emotions/consciousness...knowingly or unknowingly.

Think about it.. many of these people are now voters.

Obviously by the widespread use or misuse of this technique...there must be a very devout and zealous tendency to spread this belief system without many being aware of it and or how it works.

What is the name of this devout and zealous belief system...what name would you attach to it??
Does this work or is it related to dreams dreams as well?? I refer here to a television and movie education as a trigger/stimulus/control mechanism. Think about it.
Is this not what many are debating about movies and television after the chaos in Aurora, Colorado last week??

Curious about this.

Orangetom

You must live a thrilling life Image
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby humphreys » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:13 am

greeney2 wrote:I don't think anyone is confused or has a clouded idea of the reality of what happened in Colorado Orangetom. People know reality from a fictional movie, and only someone mentally deranged would imagine himeself as one of the villians of a movie, and actually act on this fantasy.

I think you take the idea that television and movies, makes the total make up, of everyone who ever turned on a television.

He also seems to think that TV and movies are things only atheists and other evil people partake in, while good Christians stay away from them. Frrosted's avatar is from The Matrix, but orangetom ignores that, for some reason.

Pretty warped sense of reality there.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Don't climb on your high horse yet Humphreys. OT is not entirely wrong that the TV has always been a bit of a brainwasher, at least in the products we buy, politics, social trends, and news. The news had this country all thinking what kind of lunitic must the Colorado shooter parents must be like, by misquoting her statements about "You have the right person", and millions of people including myself, were thinking, Mom knows something we don't know about him. We hear and see one little things and it becomes Gospel. Isn't that a lot like the internet, spreading boloney stories, or incorrect propaganda about religion, people read it, and believe its true.

That said, OT takes the TV/movie theory to the extreme, but you aren't much better the way you group all Christians into one bag, and all religions bad, never having a positive thing to say to anyone. So I'm not so sure about your perspective of reality, when it comes to your "logical" critical thinking about religion, its all very one sided and warped in your own way.
greeney2

Postby DIss0n80r » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:14 pm

I don't think people who seriously believe in magic can complain too loud about other people's grasp on reality.

Sorry, but I'm not buying the talking snake & magic fruit theory.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby humphreys » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:29 pm

greeney2 wrote:Don't climb on your high horse yet Humphreys. OT is not entirely wrong that the TV has always been a bit of a brainwasher, at least in the products we buy, politics, social trends, and news. The news had this country all thinking what kind of lunitic must the Colorado shooter parents must be like, by misquoting her statements about "You have the right person", and millions of people including myself, were thinking, Mom knows something we don't know about him. We hear and see one little things and it becomes Gospel. Isn't that a lot like the internet, spreading boloney stories, or incorrect propaganda about religion, people read it, and believe its true.

That said, OT takes the TV/movie theory to the extreme, but you aren't much better the way you group all Christians into one bag, and all religions bad, never having a positive thing to say to anyone. So I'm not so sure about your perspective of reality, when it comes to your "logical" critical thinking about religion, its all very one sided and warped in your own way.

You completely missed my point.

Whether TV and movies are good or bad has nothing to do with religion versus atheism, it's a completely irrelevant point. He is acting like atheists watch TV and movies and Christians don't, which is obviously not the case going by Frrosted's avatar from the Matrix, which he never mentions when he's lecturing me about my TV education.

But whatever, use this as a personal attack on me as usual, I don't even care anymore.

What positive things have you ever said about the atheists here? What positive qualities do you possess that I should be commenting on? I'm struggling to find them.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby DIss0n80r » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:34 pm

He trolls with the best of 'em?
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:01 pm

humphreys wrote:What positive qualities do you possess that I should be commenting on? I'm struggling to find them.

You should respect his authoriteye!

I have noticed in private communications where he's trying to control your chosen expression of free speech that he signs it with something along the lines of 'admin's father' or some such... :whistle:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby humphreys » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:02 pm

He............... :think:

Ah wait, he......no..... :Doh:

..........nope, I got nothing here :problem:

- Sam Harris
humphreys

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts