The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Lost BV Members

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 am

Yes...those softballs really...hurts your hands if hit wrong...
And I`m so useless at pretty much every sport... :lol: :mrgreen: :oops:
I am good at tennis and badminton though...
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:02 am

I'm good at football, but not so good at catching or throwing.

I'm also pretty good at boxing/mma.

But that's about it.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:27 am

Last year I cracked both middle fingers, the index finger on my right hand and my ring finger on my left hand (that one was twice though). They didn’t break they just cracked at the top of the fingers down if that makes any sense.

Basically from the top of the fingernail down to the first joint. :(

It hurt like f*** as well. :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:58 am

Not too long ago actually I had thought for sure I broke my pointing finger and my middle finger on one hand.

I was practicing with my bokken, when I slipped on some mud, and it all happened so perfectly.

Ok, it all felt like slow motion, what happened was: I was on a series of strikes, with the last on being upward from the right side, at about the point when the sword was beginning it's upward swing, I slipped, released the sword and fell fairly straight. So far so good, then the sword hit the ground with the bottom and changed the way it was falling, and stood up long enough for my fall to bring my cheek into the hilt of the temporarily standing sword, which disrupted by my straight descent , and caused me to roll in mid air a little bit, and land on my one hand.

Because I had hand wraps on, the motion of my fingers was very limited, and I couldn't land flat palmed so I ended up landing with two fingers forwards, and two fingers curled. THe forward fingers then displaced themselves with a couple of load thunks, when I looked down they were all sideways and stuff.

Walked to the hospital where the doc said that luckily they where not broken, but just had been pulled out. Long story short they are fine now, but they ache something fierce when the humidity changes quickly.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:50 am

Sucks. :mrgreen:

Once me and some "friends" played basketball.
Then one of them threw the damn ball without me even being ready.
IT came so hard and fast directly into my fingers and my fingers were pointing at the ball when I turned around...
Since my bones are thick they didn´t break but almost.
It hurt so bad! omg...
But I`m not a crybaby.
I just pretend it didn´t hurt that bad...but then I went home to tell my parents I might have broken my fingers...
So I went to the doctor...
What happens next is.
I get out of the cab then I lose balance and I accidently sit on my fingers LOL :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:
OMG that hurt even worse looool :lol: :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:19 am

Yeah, it's pretty easy to hurt fingers.. They're pretty frail.
Tairaa

Postby mrshumphreys » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:14 am

When I was younger I was a catcher on a girl's softball team.
During practice I once took one in the throat without my throat guard on from our fastest pitcher.
I blacked out for ten or twenty seconds, but I managed to play that day.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby Lashmar » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:18 am

Cricketers have a saying for people with frail fingers: (say it as it’s spelt) Popadom fingers. Popadoms are the little crisp like things you get with an Indian and they break and crack like nothing else. I don’t know how to describe them. If you’ve had them you’ll know what they are if you haven’t they’re like crisps.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:20 am

Looks like we’re exchanging sporting stories now. I think I win though, crickets the worst sport for your body.

It’s your ribs and fingers that take most of the damage. :cry:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Slade » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 am

So anyone remember me?
"The Wheel is spining but the hamster is dead"
Slade

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts