The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Lost BV Members

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby Tairaa » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:26 am

No, I don't like projectiles... That's a bit different, I can't take my adrenaline and fight a ball when it smokes me in the head.

So I suppose in all honesty, I don't like pain. I am just know how to use it.

In some corny movie one of the characters said "Pain can be a weapon if you so choose".. Movie wasn't bad, pretty corny. Typical action, entertaining, you know. But that line is completely true. Of course he was talking about a different kind of pain, but the rule still applies.

80mph? Yeah. Not really so interested in being struck with a ball moving that fast. Way to fast for me.

I don't know how fast 80mph is in feet per second (fps), but I'm used to being struck with a paintball, that weights... What? An ounce or something? that is travelling at 250-280fps. I have also been hit with a very quick set of 4 travelling closer to 340 fps when some wise guy decided to crank up his gun, the extra 60-90 fps makes a HUGE difference. Pain... Yeah, I was pretty mad about that, it hurt a lot. :lol: :P

80mph ball? Definitely no thanks. :D
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:40 am

90mph travels 22 yards in 0.4 seconds. I have faced 85mph and I didn’t see it. The ball hit the bat rather than the bat hit the ball (almost craped myself :shock: ).

That was a good day. Thirty-two runs in three and a half maybe four hours. Hottest day of the year as well. :D :D :D

Don’t bother running to lose weight, play cricket.

I’d be sending it down at 0.55/0.6. I have no idea what that is in fps though. :?
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:46 pm

So apparently 80mph is only 117.33 fps, but the momentum of a 80mph "soft"ball is still far greater then a 300fps paintball.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:28 am

You mean softball as in the game `softball` or are you trying to call a 5 and ¾ oz cricket ball soft? :?
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:33 am

What does Tairaa mean?

Or did you just came up with a name?
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:03 am

Tairaa is Tyler in Japanese.

Lashmar, I have never played with a cricket ball.

The balls here that we call "soft" balls, are not soft by any stretch of the imagination.
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:36 am

Oh oki, SRO Tyler then... :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:17 am

Tairaa wrote:The balls here that we call "soft" balls, are not soft by any stretch of the imagination.

An old reader will make anything look soft. I caught on of them once and my hands were stinging for five minuets! :cry:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:31 am

Yep, they are heavy and hard..

And we call them soft balls.
I think this is basically a sick game played on newbies who also go to catch this soft ball they've been told about, only to find... *OUCH*
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:51 am

You can’t buy the old readers now-a-days. In the nineties they had an orange ball. That was like a brick coming at you. :cry:

http://cricketdirect.co.uk/acatalog/balls_alfred.html
Read between the lies
Lashmar

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts