The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

Logic and knowing

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Yes, what does QM have to do with that?
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby chrisv25 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:30 pm

ohh i would love to discuss that, but i think it would take this discussion way off topic...Is it ok with you At1? it is your thread.
chrisv25

Postby at1with0 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:42 pm

If QM has something to do with whether or not logic has anything to do with truth, then by all means continue as that's precisely the subject of the thread.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby chrisv25 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:29 am

DIss0n80r

how much do you know about QM. Seriously, I just want to know the speed at which to make my point, I am personally about about a 3rd year grad student level. I don't understand it all, but i have a real good grasp on it. That would be a much different conversation; then say; you have been exposed to a few books and done a lot of thinking about, because I would have to present my argument in a more basic way, than in a more highly technical way. obviously this affects where i should begin, so that you understand i am not just mumbo-jumbo-ing you with my mystical math. I don't like that and i think an elegant argument should be able to be explained, in simple terms with things that are available in everyday life. so essentially; do you know what this means- E(1,3)E(2,5).p(2,4).E(3,7)E(3,4).c.c ?
chrisv25

Postby DIss0n80r » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:54 am

chrisv25 wrote:DIss0n80r

how much do you know about QM. Seriously, I just want to know the speed at which to make my point, I am personally about about a 3rd year grad student level. I don't understand it all, but i have a real good grasp on it. That would be a much different conversation; then say; you have been exposed to a few books and done a lot of thinking about, because I would have to present my argument in a more basic way, than in a more highly technical way. obviously this affects where i should begin, so that you understand i am not just mumbo-jumbo-ing you with my mystical math. I don't like that and i think an elegant argument should be able to be explained, in simple terms with things that are available in everyday life. so essentially; do you know what this means- E(1,3)E(2,5).p(2,4).E(3,7)E(3,4).c.c ?

Does it have something to do with that movie What The Bleep Do We Know? :think: :whistle:

You know, the one where the little black boy with the magic basketball schools that deaf white chick?
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 am

DIss0n80r wrote:Yes, what does QM have to do with that?

Or the theory of evolution, mechanics, big bang theory, string theory, etc.
at1with0

Postby chrisv25 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:48 am

at1with0 wrote:

hold on with it i'm thinking of how to explain this. Besides i have already proved my point with the game we played earlier. I am still wondering when your going to get to explaining your side of the argument. I am however really enjoying having to think about the logical basis of my opinions, and i do realize that this is really your frustration with something else.
chrisv25

Postby DIss0n80r » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:49 am

at1with0 wrote:

You touched my meta. :naughty:
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:57 am

chrisv25 wrote:
at1with0 wrote:

hold on with it i'm thinking of how to explain this. Besides i have already proved my point with the game we played earlier. I am still wondering when your going to get to explaining your side of the argument. I am however really enjoying having to think about the logical basis of my opinions, and i do realize that this is really your frustration with something else.

Try my first couple of posts in this thread.

DIss0n80r wrote:
at1with0 wrote:

You touched my meta. :naughty:

Oh is that what happened? :angel:
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:00 am

chrisv25 wrote:
at1with0 wrote:

Forgive my intrusion. I am more of a philosophical prankster than a pedantic panderer to the rigors of scientism.

However, I do occasionally wonder aloud at the moon whether or not it makes sense to believe that any self-explanatory system can be taken seriously, or words to that effect hee hee heee.
DIss0n80r

PreviousNext

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts