The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Julian Assange fails in bid to block extradition to Sweden

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Yes Mr. Broken record! You keep confirming they are wikileaks employees just as I said, which confirms I did not lie about anything. Wikeleaks people said he was a womanizer, how is that a lie? They worked there, they knew him, and knew his reputation. I'm certainly not lying about them saying what they did, Did I?
greeney2

Postby rath » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Cept there is no proof what they claim is true.

only facts here are they were removed from wikileaks because they could not be trusted.

& low & behold they go to the press & spread rumors, thus proving they could not be trusted & kicking them out of wikileaks was the right move.
rath

Postby greeney2 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 pm

God you are full of hot air! :crazy:
greeney2

Postby rath » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:00 am

greeney2 wrote:God you are full of hot air! :crazy:

Sez you.

Spot on the money, sez I.
rath

Postby greeney2 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:02 am

In your mind!
greeney2

Postby rath » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:03 am

greeney2 wrote:In your mind!

yhe &.

still does not maker you right.

nor me wrong.
rath

Postby bionic » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:26 am

how very , yin/yang
8-)
freedom fighter or terrorist..you decide (bit of both, I say)
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby rath » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 am

bionic wrote:how very , yin/yang
8-)
freedom fighter or terrorist..you decide (bit of both, I say)

Hollywood | Updated Sep 15, 2012 at 03:06pm IST
'Underground' focuses on Julian Assange's early years in Australia

Toronto: When Australian film director Robert Connolly went looking for some truth about WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange, he didn't turn to government documents or leaked emails of the sort that Assange's website is famous for making public.

Instead, he focused on Assange's past as a teenage hacker and young father growing up in suburban Melbourne, Australia, more than a decade before the launch of the website that has made him both famous and notorious.
"The question is, 'What makes the man, what forms the person?'" Connolly said in an interview with Reuters at a Toronto hotel near where the film, entitled 'Underground,' premiered this week at the Toronto International Film Festival.

Watch on youtube.com

It's an approach that may disappoint those hoping that the first narrative film on Assange would dramatize recent events that have made him one of the world's most controversial figures.

However, the film, which will premiere on Australia's Channel 10 next month and then seek theatrical release abroad, has already received a strong review from Variety, which called it straightforward and effective' and praised newcomer Alex Williams's lead performance.

Assange burst into the headlines in 2010 with a series of WikiLeaks releases, including video of a U.S. helicopter killing a Reuters photographer and his driver in Baghdad, along with thousands of U.S. military documents and diplomatic cables.

He is currently holed up in the Ecuadorean embassy in London to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he is wanted for questioning over sexual assault allegations, and what he fears may be a future attempt by U.S. authorities to charge him over the 2010 leaks.

On the radar
But Assange was already on the radar screen of law enforcement agencies two decades earlier, when under the hacker handle 'Mendax' he was part of a Melbourne-based hackers group called the International Subversives.
The group hacked into several corporate and government systems, including the U.S. Pentagon, while maintaining a 'look, but don't touch' policy.

"They had a moral code that was not to steal, not to damage, just to look. I think that's fascinating that these young kids had that at a time when other hackers were stealing stuff and going to jail," said Connolly.

Ultimately, Assange discovered U.S. military documents showing civilian targets being deliberately bombed during the first Gulf War in 1990-91, sowing the seeds for his later efforts to expose government activities.
At home, Assange's life was no less chaotic, as he struggled to balance his nocturnal hacking activities with his responsibilities as a teenage father.

Actress Rachel Griffiths stars as his mother, a free-thinking anti-nuclear activist and steadying influence, frustrated by the inability of local police to protect them from Assange's estranged stepfather, a member of a notorious Aryan cult.

"The hypothesis for me ... is what could have galvanized the young Julian Assange in his belief that you can't stand back and do nothing, because if you do bad things will happen," said Connolly.
Clunky modems

The film paints a picture of a pre-Internet era of clunky dial-up modems and lax corporate security standards that offered easy prey for computer-savvy teens with time on their hands.
'Without a Trace' leading man Anthony LaPaglia appears as the Australian Federal Police detective tracking the young Assange.

Connolly, who has never met Assange, considers the film an unauthorized portrayal, though he noted the two have friends in common and Assange has not voiced any objections to it.

The film relies heavily for its source material on the 1997 book 'Underground: Tales of Hacking, Madness and Obsession on the Electronic Frontier' by Suelette Dreyfus, as well as records related to Assange's ultimate guilty plea to 25 hacking-related charges in 1995.

Connolly admits to taking creative license with the scenes involving Assange's home life, but said he thinks the broader story paints a genuine picture of his formative years.

"Much of the media coverage about Assange is simple, bite- sized analysis of the man, and I think the danger of that is people sum him up with big, broad-brush strokes because of a lack of more knowledge about him," said Connolly.

"I would hope that part of what the film does is add to a broader discussion about that."
rath

Postby greeney2 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:44 am

Update on Assange! He is still a fugitive and hiding in the embassy, with noplace to run. Boo Hoo! :lol: Maybe the terrorists will burn that embassy out too.
greeney2

Postby rath » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:10 am

greeney2 wrote:Update on Assange! He is still a fugitive and hiding in the embassy, with noplace to run. Boo Hoo! :lol: Maybe the terrorists will burn that embassy out too.

Fugitive ........... how so.

You need to commit a crime in order to be a fugitive.

What crime has he committed ???

Not rape, as we all know the rape charges are fake, as is the facts of/about the woman's claims.
rath

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts