The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Japan hit by massive 8.8 earthquake, Tsunami Warning

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Nesaie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:10 pm

This may be another wake up call to be prepared. Get a water purifier, a good one. Get some food. Get necessary food for your animals. Get medicine that you rely on. Get a bicycle, so you don't rely on gas. Have cash/gold/silver cause the ATMs aren't going to work. Have a bug out bag that you can actually carry.

And not too much seismic activity over the States - which I'm pleased to hear. But I'd leave the W coast if I were you.

Not too much seismic activity here YET. Watch Alaska, if your clockwise theory is correct. Then watch SE Alaska and BC Canada.

My whole life they've been predicting the "big one" here. Seattle is built on top of the old Seattle. We have all sorts of caverns running underground. One tourist tour is to go to "underground Seattle" (I've never taken that tourist tour, but it starts in a bar, so I should. :D). The first Seattle burned down, so it was built over. Now today, we also have an underground bus tunnel. My brother is a civil engineer. When he was in college one professor said that in order to build that bus tunnel they had to go to 5 different civil engineers to get it allowed (several people died during that, kinda like the wall of China). Only one of them said that our area should build more underground. First, we have the wrong type of rock...um...soil...I forget. But, even if we didn't have this underground city, earthquakes still devastate us due to the soil...rock. Second, our mountains are volcanic. Third, we're in the ring of fire.

I don't care how well you build a building, if that building is perched on something that will collapse, that building is gone.

So, I'm more concerned about the story I read talking about the tectonic plate smashing into another Pacific tectonic plate. That is how mountains are created. Many look at the San Andreas in California, but those plates just rub against each other. But, That plate that crashed into the other Pacific plate...What is that going to do as it reacts this way? Earth is slower than water.

I've been told, by fire fighters/medics, that when the "big one" happens it will be an 8 or 9 on the rictor scale, similar to what Japan experienced. California has nothing on us. And, similar to Japan, the "big one" would last much longer than the typical earthquake. The problem here is, if that were to occur, the majority of buildings in Seattle proper would collapse, not because of how their building, but due to what is underneath them...air.

I'm also concerned about the nuclear reaction. But maybe, since the Japanese eat so much sea food, They're already prepped for the potential fall out? May be silly, but I always wish the best.

Personally, I'd prefer a little seismic activity here. That way it can let off a little steam, literally. I'll take a few small earthquakes...2-3-4, but not more than a 4.something.

I guess it's time to move to Idaho. :eh:
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby orangetom1999 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Nesaie ,

Dont know much about Idaho do you?? Idaho has several nuclear reactors there which are training grounds for the US Navy. These are called "Prototype." These are working reactors where the Navy trains its peoples in reactor operations.

They also have a lake somewhere up there...very deep...where they test working scale models of submarines for hull design and operating characteristics. Large remote controlled models.

Just thought you would like to know this before you contemplate moving.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Nesaie is "spot on" with what she has said. We have let ourselves get complacent (Meaning Mrs G2 and I) about being prepared. If anyone should know better its me, having been through this with the Northridge earthquake. We have let things go, and are not prepared with an emergency food kit, water, etc. etc. We were hit so badly in 1994, we set up the tent trailer, the house was a total shambles.

Nesaie is also spot on about the threat they have offshore in Washington, I've watched a special about what a big quake will do to the Seattle area. They say, even as bad as the San Andres fault would be, it is not the type that just hit Japan, and is not capable of a 9.0, however it is capable of a 8.0, and where it runs is the issue. It passes right through San Franciso all the way through Palmdale area and passes my daughters house by 1/2 mile in Indio, heading to the Salton Sea. Sometimes its not the number as much as the type and depth of the fault, and most important, what its under.

Move to Idaho Nesaie may sound like a good idea, until you study what happens if Yellowstone blows. Yellowstone, if it erupts, would be a earth altering event of biblical porportions. If you have never seen the geology of Yellowstone, and the theory about it, nothing west of the Mississippi may be left. It would be so massive, it would cause a Nuclear Winter. After I saw the Yellowstone special, I wondered with all it geothermal activity, if all the big mountains of the west coast are all just chimneys to what is far under Yellowstone? As the crow flies, the geological distance from the Yellowstone caldara, to Mr. Raineer, Mt. Hood, Mt. St Helens, and Mt. Shasta in California makes them all look like 4 smokestakes to a huge underground system the size of Texas. A little food for thought question. Did you also know that the San Andres Fault extends out into the ocean off the coast of Humbolt, and the start of the fault is on the same parallel line as Mt. Shasta in Northern California. Not hard to imagine they could all be a interconnected system, with the Yellowstone caldara having vented from these mountains, and the strain of the earth also connected to the San Andres Fault. When you hear that Japan just moved 8 inches, and the fault measured 60 x 180 miles, thats lifting a lot of water and earth in an instant.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:49 am

Just read that several thousand bodies have was up on shore by tides. You can only imagine how many will not was ashore and how many are in all the rubble. Also a problem has began in the 3rd reactor. It just gets worse as it all unfolds.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:17 pm

It just got worse again, a second explosion has occured in the 2nd reactor that had blow up. Lets all Pray they do not loose control of this.
greeney2

Postby Cole_Trickle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:19 pm

greeney2 wrote:It just got worse again, a second explosion has occured in the 2nd reactor that had blow up. Lets all Pray they do not loose control of this.

Saw it ( I hate to say this _) on Fox---literally made my stomach turn over, damn near vomited. Are these the best News people this World has to offer?????? :evil:

4 people---split screens --looked like a bad imitation of Hollywood squares--4 differing opinions on what is really Going on.
One guy a tree hugger was all doom and gloom, another--a Woman--had a brighter outlook about ALL OF THE FAIL SAFE PROCEDURES in place---even using Fire Trucks to pump sea water into the reactor, she works in the Nuke field--

And one guy---from the Heartland Institute--WTF EVER that is says this---

this radiation has a very short life span---nothing to worry about--no big deal--only 1000 people ever got sick when Chernobyl EXPLODED---Most had Luke and MOST ALL OF IT WAS CURED--Sooooooooooooooooo

Is it too f,ing much to ask for the TRUTH----Too much to have it delivered by a professional member of the media--one who isn't making 3 plus MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR AND LOOKS LIKE Eddie Munster----------- :wtf: :crazy:

Come on already--what if this radiation and the potential fallout of IMMINENT DISASTER, ONE THAT RENDERS EVERYTHING in that zone dead-----------really could be a hoax??????? Imean is that even possible? The guy actually blew this off as no big deal--No Chernobyl---Say's Chernobyl had NO CONTAINMENT VESSEL OR STRUCTURE---I mean come on!

I must admit that Those damn contraptions they are using to scan citizens ( the hand-helds) Hell they don't even look real. So what gives and what's is so freaking bad about the truth?

Either it's a dead sentence or it's harmless---my guess is that these so called EXPERTS really have no earthly idea wtf is going to happen. Yet 17 crewmen were EXPOSED---Exposed to what and why say it's equivalent to an ordinary x-ray---WTF.

Can you imagine $ 5.00 per barrel for Oil if this disaster turns out to be harmless--Hell they'll be building Nuke Power plants on every street corner.

Me I just wish I had the gumption to attack the thing head on and learn what's really going on--minus the Carnival act of course.

I think that they are going to find thousands more dead, that may be conservative --

Just an absolute terrible terrible thing to have happen---all that farm land is gone for a good while---very sad.

Keep it real--no need for any fear mongering, it's bad enough as it is.

Maybe someone can explain the difference between leaking radiation/gas as opposed to a few megaton bomb being dropped on a city or town. Wish I had more knowledge--I hate flying blind.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby mael » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:36 am

six reactors with trouble.

To date - four reactors critical. Two becoming troublesome. Tot six reactors may blow.

Meltdown means they aren't shut down. Will the floor of the reactor chamber stay intact with a ball of fire and plasma 4,000 C? If I was a concrete floor I'd tell 4,000 C to go fk itself!

It's Hell up there. I don't want to go into details.

IMPORTANT. Jap gov incompetent. Head of nuclear emergency force incompetent. Lies abound. Do not believe anything official coming out of Japan.

My personal feeling is that the man in charge in the case of an emergency got the job because he was an old friend of someone who did a big under-the-table deal for someone important in gov. That man is responsible for ............................................... . You fill in the blanks. He totally failed.

The reactors could have been stopped from meltdown if the right decisions were made right at the start. They weren't.
Professional negligence doesn't quite express the gravity of the emergency team's leaders.

Women, children, elderly in some sort of camps going through a geiger counter thru the day. Daipers for babies are probably a dream for some. Food and water likely contaminated - NO EFFECTIVE EVACUATION IN PROGRESS.

* I'd welcome a half dozen and try to feed them if they could get here... with or without radiation as baggage. I just wouldn't contemplate going there because of the unknown danger and the official covering up.

Lots of foreigners listening to their gut and G ing TFO. Many have bought full-fare tickets and just hopped-it already.

I could scream because of all the incompetence surrounding the aftermath of the quake and tsunami. But I'm British so I can't.

I feel I have just witnessed the final blow to Japan remaining viable as an independant nation. It needn't be infected with IMF debts and cheap imports from China but that's what the --------- PM is most likely to arrange. Bye bye Japan.

... And I'd say you might be wise to consider leaving the W coast. Sorry. But that's the way it is. If you can go then you should.

Stay tough to the end. Tell the meddling gov to p*ss off and if you're going to die then do it standing up and not cringing on your knees.

Salute.

:cry:
mael

Postby mael » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:46 am

Can you imagine $ 5.00 per barrel for Oil if this disaster turns out to be harmless--Hell they'll be building Nuke Power plants on every street corner.

Had a < 10% hike in gas on the outset. Inevitably it will rise.

You in the States will suffer similarly.

Geet reactors? Bicycle? Scooter? Other alternative power supply? You choose. - But choose now. Do any welding 'n stuff while you've got mains. No guarantee something won't occur and make fabrication of parts problematic. -
mael

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:16 am

My point is a simple one. Demand drives prices--currently portions of Japan are off the grid for an unlimited amount of time--that demand has been eliminated, prices will go down and down almost immediately.

The rest I tend to agree with--but if you put this event in proper perspective--not much, if anything, could have been done to lessen the blow.

These are the things that completely baffle me---completely and absolutely. One look at the very first footage of the Tsunami show have said it all to any and all watching---Just a horrific thing--not much more to say.

I think as a people we all wish we could do something to help--those people have a life of hell for the next 2-4 years minimum.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:41 am

Mael, we herd a volcano is acting up on one the southern Islands of Japan, I believe they say may have been triggered by this. Is that something you are closer to and affected by?

As far as helping, we should all give something, I've herd the best place to give is the Red Cross. Make a donation if you can, I;m going to talk to Mrs G2 about it today.
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts