The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

An Idea...

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby SpaceMan1138 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 pm

I appologise for posting this if it has been discussed already but I didnt have really a whole lot of time to search and then post. But my idea I thought of to maybe remind everyone is why dont John and the Black Vault community hold official conventions in strategic locations across the U.S. and possibly Europe? I would love to attend an "official" BV CON and meet with the fine BV community but possible special guests. Maybe the crew from UFO hunters and various authors perhaps. I am sure if some thought went into it and it was held in a couple of different places across U.S. it would do great considering. Perhaps San Francisco, Las Vegas, Chicago, New York and maybe Atlanta and or Orlando just to name a few locations so that anyone could theoretically make it. I am sure if John couldnt get the time to manage it then I think he would have some reliable people to plan it for him and it could be done. Just an idea thanks.
SpaceMan1138

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:17 pm

A convention is a great idea, and I am sure John would love to do something like that. However, the planning takes a great deal of advance plannings, meetings, preperations, etc. My only experience with something like that was a annual show a club I was in held each year. WE started the month after for next years show, and even had the luxury of a location with attached kitchen. That on a small scale was a lot of work. Doing something the magnitude of a full blow convention would be a very major undertaking, not to mention the related costs. Arranging guest speakers, venders, travel, advertizement, etc. etc. is a major task, and business venture that could be a financial disaster, as quick as the weather changes. Finding the right location, and near travel, means usually a large hotel, convention rooms, and related banquets. Speakers have to be flown in, room provided, transportation to and from airports, and paid to speak. Venders need to know a minimum attentance will guarentee them its worth while to buy a spot. It is no simple task for sure, but doable. I have no idea the budget that would be required. Another thing most club kind of functions depend on is volunteer manpower, such as the MUFON symposium, undoubtly depends of many many members to set up, run and clean up a several day function. A completly commercial convention, has to pay workers, pay for security, and many things that clubs all do for free. It is a big outlay of overhead, to a somewhat limited amount of people who might attend. Its not a convention, everybody and his brother would be interrested in, like other subjects, this one is a special group.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:29 pm

maybe it could be unnofficial..
"we will be hanging at this hotel, and partying here..for anyone interested..oh and selling BV t-shirts and mugs"
:P
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts