The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS FIRST POST TO GOD FOR THE FIRST TIME?

YES
No votes
NO
13%
I ALREADY PRAYED/ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST INTO MY HEART BEFORE
50%
OTHER
38%

Total votes : 8

Postby at1with0 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:17 am

I'm more interested in using the idea in Luke 17:21 to access the kingdom of God while alive than the idea of reciting a magic spell that allegedly causes someone to go to heaven when they die.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Wed May 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Lots of translations to Luke 17:21. Taking them all in, it seems to say that the kingdom of God is within our grasp, or within our midst.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Yep. :D
at1with0

Postby xfrodobagginsx » Thu May 24, 2012 6:36 pm

1Co 2:9 But as it is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

Don't miss out on God's blessings. Simply place your faith in Jesus Christ, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins.
xfrodobagginsx

Postby frrostedman » Thu May 24, 2012 7:22 pm

at1with0 wrote:Yep. :D

Well there are a lot of people including New Agers, Progressives, and Liberal Christians™, who translate the verse to mean the kingdom of God is within our own heart, and we need not seek it because it's naturally part of us.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby xfrodobagginsx » Tue May 29, 2012 9:03 am

frrostedman wrote:Lots of translations to Luke 17:21. Taking them all in, it seems to say that the kingdom of God is within our grasp, or within our midst.

How do I send private messages? I want to send you one frostedman and don't know how.
xfrodobagginsx

Postby greeney2 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:09 am

To find the PM system, go to the Blackvault home page by clicking on Blackvault at the top of this page. When you to the home page,you will see a line with places to click,near the top portion. twards the left you will see small envelopes as the symbol to click on. The PM message system is not directly accessable from the message board page, so you must go to the Blackvault homepage. That explains why you also never recieved my warning PM several moths ago.

PS. You have to also be logged in and your name will appear on the top right, so this will allow you access into your account, preferences, your own personal settings, found just to the left of the envelopes on the selection line. When you log in from the home page, it also will show your mail inbox.
greeney2

Postby qmark » Tue May 29, 2012 5:31 pm

frrostedman wrote:Lots of translations to Luke 17:21. Taking them all in, it seems to say that the kingdom of God is within our grasp, or within our midst.

The NASB puts Luke 17:21 this way, nor will they say, `Look, here it is!' or, `There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

But, when I read the verses around it, It seems to me He is talking about Himself. In a sense, He is the Kingdom of God. Just a thought.
qmark

Postby frrostedman » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:50 pm

qmark wrote:

The NASB puts Luke 17:21 this way, nor will they say, `Look, here it is!' or, `There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

But, when I read the verses around it, It seems to me He is talking about Himself. In a sense, He is the Kingdom of God. Just a thought.

Well, yes, that works. The Kingdom of God was in their midst. Jesus embodied it. Makes sense to me.
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:14 am

Well, "is within" fits better for those who were living in the kingdom before Jesus arrived.
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts