The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Black Vault Website & Forum Support

hmmmm..wtf?

Need help? Do not know how to do something? Ask here! You may find your issue already addressed, so make sure you read through some of the threads already in existence.

Postby humphreys » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:41 pm

sheye wrote: Anyone have an explanation to why a link would change from what was posted to what ended up being submitted? That one makes me curious,and I know it happened twice.

What did it change from, and what did it change to?
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby sheye » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Both links I posted to the bibliotecapleyades website ended up with dots instead of underscores as well as few letters missing to the sublink within it. One was http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/socio ... indcom.htm

edit note: It did it again what I have on my post is different than what gets submitted ... missing letters as well as dots instead of underscores?
sheye

Postby blackvault » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Thats an automatic setting.. and doesn't harm your link.

Youll notice when you click on it, it still works.

It shortens it in the post so your thread doesn't get cluttered with long URLs :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby sheye » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:10 pm

ok..But why when I press on the link the way it gets submitted it says page cannot be found?
Sorry to bother you with this,and I appreciate the time you take to respond.
sheye

Postby humphreys » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:11 pm

sheye wrote:Both links I posted to the bibliotecapleyades website ended up with dots instead of underscores as well as few letters missing to the sublink within it. One was http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/socio ... indcom.htm

edit note: It did it again what I have on my post is different than what gets submitted ... missing letters as well as dots instead of underscores?

As blackvault says, it's just shortening it for easier reading, when users click on it, it still works.

No foul play at hand here.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby humphreys » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:12 pm

sheye wrote:ok..But why when I press on the link the way it gets submitted it says page cannot be found?
Sorry to bother you with this,and I appreciate the time you take to respond.

Either you've spelt the web address wrong, it's currently down for some reason, or the site no longer exists.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby sheye » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Daamn..it isn't working for me?? Does anyone else get page cannot be found when they click it..? grrrrrrrrrr
sheye

Postby humphreys » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Sheye, the main website you linked to exists (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net) but the sublink does not, so probably that page has been moved or taken down.

It fails for me too, the page is just no longer there.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby blackvault » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:22 pm

That's correct, you are linking to the site fine. It's just, the page isn't there anymore. Maybe an old bookmark of yours?

Try to copy and paste a URL that you know loads - and you will see the linking system works.

Enjoy :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby sheye » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:32 pm

The link that I typed..no mistakes..(cause I checked it multiple times when I pulled it back to edit)works fine from my favorites. I know the page is still there ,read it again yesterday.....so somehow from posting to submitting it gets screwed up and shows no page. ???? I just checked it twice on my favorites and works fine.
sheye

PreviousNext

Return to Black Vault Website & Forum Support

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts