The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

New Member Introductions

HELLO - FROM THE TOP OF THE WORLD - BARROW ALASKA

Once you're familiar with the rules in the previous forum, please enter this forum and tell the community a bit about yourself!

Postby 3d4me2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Fur is easy to purchase but it is very expensive. We sure laugh up here when the whole world was crying when Gasoline hit 350 per gallon and higher .

We have to pay almost 10 bux a gallon !! And no one complains !!!

That fur ruff on Aaka's parky is called - A sunshine ruff. they are made by mixing furs from different animals together to form the Issaqavik (fur ruff).
3d4me2

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Maybe you could start posting your pictures in a forum where they won't be missed. We need a lot of good things to post and see, and these pictures are a real treat to see.
greeney2

Postby sandra » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:50 pm

greeney2 I was thinking the same thing. More people would like to see all of this, doesn't need to be crammed where not as many people will be looking.

This thread can stay here for now, although 3d4me2, you could add more pictures and post a new thread in General discussions, or personal chat forum. Either one would be good, and get more activity.

Yeah I was wondering how they made the hoods, makes sense it is from more than one animal.
None of that is porcupine is it? :mrgreen:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby 3d4me2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:14 pm

There are no porcupines in the Arctic! That I have ever heard of. Wolf, Wolverine, Beaver, aer the main furs used. Wolf is no good, it is used for fancy dress parky's . Wolf will keep your face wet and cold, it is not the right fur to use when hunting or being outside for extended periods of time. Fox fur is only for women's parky's

Wolverine is the absolute best fur for a parky. It will keep your face dry and warm. If blowing wet snow is happening.. all you have to do is shake the ruff and it is dry and warm again.

Well thanks for the great advice and I will head on over there and begin a new thread with spectacular images and stories galore !!
3d4me2

Postby _Billy_ » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Welcome to our friend from atop the world, just don't look down on us.
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby 3d4me2 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:53 pm

I assure you - I am looking UP !! (chuckle) !!
3d4me2

Postby bloo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi Majick... errr 3D4ME2,

It is really great to see that you are still posting your photographs and sharing your passion for the vast North. Your photographs are breathtaking... every last one of them!! Your love for the people that surround you in your community shows through in each and every picture and each and every one of your pictures tells a story unto itself.

I love the fact that you have the ability to take a camera and show the daily life in a land that most of us will never see. That truly is a beautiful talent you have. Thank you for sharing with us. :D
bloo

Postby 3d4me2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Yippie !! Hello BLOO !! Am I glad to see YEW !!

FINALLY I got something to send to you - I was unable to find anyone that could make those Yo-Yo-s in the design you wanted. BUT fret knot lovely lady. GIRL : I am soon going to tip your life upside down !!!

CONSPIRACY uncovered !! YOU WILL NEVER EVER BELIEVE THIS! (new thread) in the proper section !!

3d4me2

Postby bloo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:22 pm

FINALLY I got something to send to you - I was unable to find anyone that could make those Yo-Yo-s in the design you wanted. BUT fret knot lovely lady. GIRL : I am soon going to tip your life upside down !!!

I am gald to see YEW TEW!!! :D

This is sooo awesome! I can't wait to see the yo-yos. When they are ready, please send me a picture and tell me where to send the money and how much I owe? Just send me a PM with details. I have been collecting eskimo yo-yos for 30+ years, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that your yo-yo will be far more authentic than any of the ones that I have (other than the one that my son made for me in grade school). YAY for eskimo yo-yos! --- it's a wonderful toy for all ages :D
bloo

Postby 3d4me2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:47 pm

You ?? send me ?? MONEY ?? NOPE NOPE NOPE your clueless girl-friend - you !! are soon to be.. ..

something you never thought ever possible .. .. .. no strings attached !!

No yo-yo's.. uh uh I didn't find any or get any.. I have something else for you bloo

6 zero's - with a 1 in front of ALL OF THEM !!!

That is for sure a whole heck of a lot better than some yo-yo !! Yo yew be a millionaire very very soon !!
3d4me2

PreviousNext

Return to New Member Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts