The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

We have lost a Blackvault Member.

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Thank you greeney2.

Its very hard for me to accept that he's gone. I was very sad to hear about his passing. I think starman was a true humanitarian, placing the actions of people toward each other higher than any any external influence. I think that showed in his posts. He made me think, and he made me laugh, what more could anyone expect from a friend. There's a gap here now, where starman should be. I'll miss him deeply.

Postby greeney2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:54 pm

We never know when our members come and go, or why they simply just don't come back. Most may just have a posting name, even their families arn't aware of, but in this case Starmans X-wife was involved enough to tell his friend in Russia. Otherwise Starman would have just never returned. We never know what stage in life, the other guy is in, or anything about that ficticious name that is that identity. Thats what is wrong with message boards, all personal knowledge of each other is non-existant. We seem to be locked into either acceptance or hostilty, that is dependant on agreement or disagreement.

A lesson for me, is that my only real words with Starman were within a post where we didn't agree, and the real things we could have known about each other, since our ages are 61 and 62, we must have had a million things in common, but never knew it. I learned one night that when the hostile things on the board were left alone, CG and I had a wonderful conversation one night on the chat line. Its a real shame that never happened with Starman, both probably graduated High school in 1965, were kids in the 50's, gew up with black and white TV, Howdy Doody and the Lone Ranger. Remember what the cuban missile crisis felt like and watched everday of the JFK Assinations. Both were in the Viet Nam era, at the worst age and time to be part of it. We probably both watched Elvis live, and the Beetles live on Ed Sullivan, and the both probably watched the summer of Mantle and Maris home runs. What a shame we never found that out about each other.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:09 am

God bless Starman and his family.
:cry:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby fortwynt » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:13 am

Yes, in the end, what do we have here but our handle?

I often wonder how anyone would ever know if i were to drop off one day, dont really have any friends who chat on here that i also know in real life, and no one i know is interested in these things so, i suppose one day i'd just be gone lol

suppose it probably happens like that for a lot of folks.

it is a difficult thing, especially in the realm of chat rooms and message boards, where someone hasn't a physical body, but an electric "persona", one tends to forget that behind this, we are all actually flesh and blood.
fortwynt

Postby Lucifer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Even losing an internet aquaintence is something that gives me alot to think about. Thanks greeny for the update and the info ... starman had pm'd me a couple of times offering words of encouragement, support and of course many questions ... hmmm ...

Lucifer~>
Lucifer

Postby frrostedman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:52 pm

I was hesitant to jump into this, many of us recall I'm sure, the faked deaths by ex-members. But assuming this is for real and it sure looks to be, my heart goes out to Starman's family and friends. He had some strange ideas and questions but he was a likeable guy and I'll miss him.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby BloodStone » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:05 pm

God speed buddy, you will be missed.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby Irisha » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:12 am

Forty days passed already, and his soul left the Earth, we say so here in Russia. Time passed as in mist, came to this page every day, wept and thought if it was possible to change something, to guess, to help...But I was too far to know even. Life seems me too cruel, and nothing may be returned. He was kind and clever, and needed to live for his family, for friends, for his lovely dog. So difficult to accept the death. Burt, Starman, will remember you always.
Last edited by Irisha on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irisha

Postby greeney2 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:27 am

Irisha, thanks for bringing us this news, and I'm glad you decided to post a message.

I think you will find you are most welcome to join in, and post regularly on any forum we have.

Starman struck a freindship with you in Russia, and as far as I know, we don;t have anyone from Russia who posts. I hope you decide to stay with the group and give your input to various subjects here.

Thanks again, John Sr. aka greeney2
greeney2

Postby Lashmar » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Forty days passed already, and his soul left the Earth, we say so here in Russia. Time passed as in mist, came to this page every day, wept and thought if it was possible to change something, to guess, to help...But I was too far to know even. Life seems me too cruel, and nothing may be returned. He was kind and clever, and needed to live for his family, for friends, for his lovely dog. So difficult to accept the death. Burt, Srarman, will remember you always.

Lovely post my friend. They say online friends are the closest you can have because all you do is talk; I’m deeply sorry for your loss mate, I really am; I don’t think I’d know what to do if I lost mine.

I’ve also lost someone recently, to dementia but the final end is getting close sadly.

greeney2 wrote:Starman struck a freindship with you in Russia, and as far as I know, we don;t have anyone from Russia who posts. I hope you decide to stay with the group and give your input to various subjects here.

Well said again John mate. Hope you do stay, don't worry about the english to much (it's better than most on here, mine as well ;) :oops: ).
Read between the lies
Lashmar

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts