The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

New Member Introductions

Happy to Join

Once you're familiar with the rules in the previous forum, please enter this forum and tell the community a bit about yourself!

Postby Objectivity » Mon May 04, 2009 11:47 am

I have heard the Black Vault radio previously and was impressed. My UFO experience was in the 70's, as a high schooler. I was out with friends, in the farmlands of Michigan (the Thumb area, which is mostly large open fields with occasional wood lots. We were outside our car hanging out at a friends when I noticed something was blocking the stars (it was moonless, with a slight easterly breeze). We all went still as a house sized something glided in complete silence about 20 feet above the telephone/power lines. It had no lights. It was hard to tell the shape, but it looked more rectangle then round. We watched it for a good five minutes as it moved to the east, against the breeze. It then produced a bright light underneath it, illuminating a feed corn field and went straight up at tremendous speeds. The next day my friends acted as if nothing happened, and would not discuss it. In fact, in more then 30 years they never said a word. Of course, after the initial sighting, neither did I. You just did not talk about that in the 70's, especially in a small town. I kept it secret until just recently as I saw more and more people posting what they saw, some of them seeing something like I did.
I'm a 50 something living near Chicago now, due to work transfers/promotions. I read extensively, and I try to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the data. As someone who is knee deep in data mining for a living, I know from first hand experience how data can be manipulated. I search for the truth, and I think the extremists and zealots are too easily validating every little story that comes along, no matter how bizarre. This causes credibility downgrades, and reinforces the majority's opinion that anyone involved in this stuff has to have a cognitive or emotional problem. Even my wife thinks I'm weird for reading UFO items on line. There is no other issue out there that garners negative emotions like UFO's. On anything else people respect my opinions. They accept I have a different view. But say 'I saw a UFO' and they start slowly backing away. That behavior alone should be a red flag, but it's not. I'm excited to be a member and hope to find more information to add to my base knowledge.
Objectivity

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon May 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Interesting read and welcome to the BV!
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Return to New Member Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts