The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

New Member Introductions

Greetings from Socal

Once you're familiar with the rules in the previous forum, please enter this forum and tell the community a bit about yourself!

Postby toeg » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Just dusting off my kardex cards and noticed this place. I have read the Ts & Cs of the forum and I concur with them. I look forward to posting on those topics that I consider important.
toeg

Postby blackvault » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:46 am

Welcome to the site! Feel free to jump right in!
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby toeg » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks. I notice you state your location as North Hollywood. I'm practically just down the street at Canoga Park. The internet is proving Stephen Hawkings famous rebuttal to Einstein's quote on the randomness of quantum mechanics, "God does not play dice." Hawkings replied, "God does play dice and sometimes He hides the results."

Anyway, I'll look around as I can. If you know of a company that needs a Supply Chain Manager with over 25 years of experience in three languages and four countries, let me know.
toeg

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:47 am

Welcome Toeg, I have seen your first posts. Not sure exactly what a supply chain manager does, but with so many places with the "going global" business philosophy, several languages is a definite plus to any resume. So many are requiring at least bi-lingual, what languages are you fluent in?
greeney2

Postby toeg » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:36 pm

English (obviously, though many Americans ask me what my "third" language is after I state the other two. I have to remind them that I am speaking that third language!)

French (I spent 4 years in Geneva, Switzerland from 1975 to 1979, where I worked for Swissair. I had to relearn English when I returned).

Spanish (I also spent 4 years in Apizaco, Tlaxcala, Mexico, from 1980 to 1984. I had to relearn English when I came back as well).

When I say I had to relearn English, I don't mean that I lost all knowledge of the language. I just didn't use it for four years and both times, when I returned to the US, I found it difficult to carry on a conversation in English.

A supply chain manager controls the inventory, or stock, of a company from the creation of a purchase order to buy raw materials, to the shippment of a finished product to a customer. He also controls all production throughput, stock levels, overages, obsolete material, bad material, backorders, late deliveries, and anything else that has to do with materials.
toeg

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Sounds highly qualified and specialized work, seems like there must be many companies that would require these languages. Hope you find something.
greeney2

Postby Peteyweestro » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Welcome, i also am from So Cal. I currently live in the glamorous roach motel known as Palmdale,lol. I am 45 years old and am a medical biller who would love to find employment with a defferant company then the one i work for. Good luck on your job search
Peteyweestro

Return to New Member Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts