The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

God, why did you make... Removed

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby DIss0n80r » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:00 am

at1with0 wrote:I'm confused. Is OT saying that racism does not exist? Cuz when I watch TV and movies, there definitely is racism...

I saw an old fat white guy on a TV show called "All In The Family" who was a bigot so either everything on TV is real or racism is phony. :roll:
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:10 am

DIss0n80r wrote:
at1with0 wrote:I'm confused. Is OT saying that racism does not exist? Cuz when I watch TV and movies, there definitely is racism...

I saw an old fat white guy on a TV show called "All In The Family" who was a bigot so either everything on TV is real or racism is phony. :roll:

Please. :thumbdown: The proper term is European American.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:16 am

My term will suffice.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby DIss0n80r » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:28 pm

at1with0 wrote:
orangetom1999 wrote:I am a individual for whom most of my adult life have had to discipline my emotions in order to get a task or job done without hurting or killing others.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Psycho town.
DIss0n80r

Postby En-Lugal » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:09 pm

It's strange how issues with racism, gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and transgendered persons rights and women's reproductive rights always seem to pop up in an election year. I'm sure it's just a huge coincidence. No, surely politician's wouldn't play the populace like a harp from hell. There doesn't need to be a conspiracy for anyone to observe these patterns.

If you want a conspiracy, try the gun rights battle being waged by Liberals and law-maker's blatant disregard for information connecting these mass shooters to anti-depressants. I'm sure the lobby from big pharma has nothing to do with that, no it's guns that caused all of this. How about Leon Panetta summarily dismissing Congress and stating that he and our military take orders from the U.N? How about the Patriot Act, NDAA, HR347 and numerous executive orders that circumvent the Constitution?

No, let's argue over the same talking points every single election cycle. Namely, gay marriage, abortion, racism, gun control and the seperation of church and state. It's a scam, man. It's why no one ever seems to ask a candidate a question that really matters. This past election was the worst in my life time.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby DIss0n80r » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Or you could be downplaying the importance of certain issues with a false choice between them, as if we can't tackle them all so we gotta dismiss the one that this thread just happens to be about right about when one side of the debate just happens to be losing ground.

I find it strange you make time to post in here trivializing issues when you could be posting in a thread about terrorism or the NRA or Big Pharma or the Iluminati or something. All important stuff, no doubt, but you won't find me in those threads persuading people to quit wasting their time on small stuff like human rights.
DIss0n80r

Postby En-Lugal » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:04 pm

DIss0n80r wrote:Or you could be downplaying the importance of certain issues with a false choice between them

Actually, that's what the politicians do every election cycle which is what I was referring to. That is a correlation to the divisive tactic orangetom1999 and I were talking about. It wasn't off topic as you asked for an example.

DIss0n80r wrote:as if we can't tackle them all so we gotta dismiss the one that this thread just happens to be about

Yes, it's a grand conspiracy to derail your thread or it might just be that we're having a discussion and you aren't able to follow along.

DIss0n80r wrote:I find it strange you make time to post in here trivializing issues when you could be posting in a thread about terrorism or the NRA or Big Pharma or the Iluminati or something.

I find it strange that you feel I am not allowed to post here because you don't like my answers.

DIss0n80r wrote:right about when one side of the debate just happens to be losing ground.

What ground is being lost? I believe your beef is with Congress and lawmakers in general, not me.

DIss0n80r wrote:All important stuff, no doubt, but you won't find me in those threads persuading people to quit wasting their time on small stuff like human rights.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder because John removed the subject heading and original post. It's a shame as that didn't used to happen around here but things change. You're obviously close to the subject, I understand that, but you obviously can't or won't respect anyone else's opinion on the matter unless it conforms to your own.

In other words, you're gay, we get it. However, you can't force the answer you want out of anyone no matter how many times you ask the same question.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby DIss0n80r » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Wow, what a load. I'm not forcing you to answer. You want to talk about gays, we can do that. Otherwise, you should find another thread to express your feelings about the issues that actually matter to you. Simple point, you complained about the gay issue distracting, so why are you still talking about it here? Find another topic more suited to your liking.
DIss0n80r

Postby En-Lugal » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 am

DIss0n80r wrote:Wow, what a load. I'm not forcing you to answer. You want to talk about gays, we can do that. Otherwise, you should find another thread to express your feelings about the issues that actually matter to you. Simple point, you complained about the gay issue distracting, so why are you still talking about it here?

Nope, you asked me to elaborate, so I did. Are you even reading the posts? Maybe you should go back and reread everything. I think you'll find that the conversation has been moving along quite nicely. Questions are asked and answers are given. It's kind of hard to be off topic when you're directly answering someone's question.

It's obvious you have an axe to grind, as evidenced in your bigoted posts. We've made an effort to be civil in our responses and you have not. As far as the gay issue being distracting, that's not what I said. That's what you took away from what it. That's your problem, not mine. You're looking for a fight, that's the only reason I can conclude that you continue to misquote others.

My point is that the "gay issue" was fodder for votes. As you can see, it's currently being drowned out by the gun control argument. It will be forgotten soon and won't crop up until another Democrat seeks office.

DIss0n80r wrote:Find another topic more suited to your liking.

I will post here when and if it suits me.

Just for you, a TL,DR version:

People get along just fine until a Liberal Democrat seeks office, then the scab of racism gets picked at and gays are made to believe they are victims of persecution.
En-Lugal

Postby at1with0 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 am

You don't think gays are persecuted?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts