The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Is God Real or Not?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:23 pm

Humans lacking in understanding of the universe does NOT mean that there is a God or ever was one.

We can´t even make wormholes yet and you all think you know the truth, please just shut it

And Humans totally understanding the Universe, does not mean there isn't God, or that God always was. I'm all ears if you have anything to proove otherwise. You guys are the one's trying to proove Science disproves God--so show me the proof God doesn;t exist. This issue is not science findings, the issue is your lack of Faith.
greeney2

Postby Nesaie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:58 pm

starman wrote:The debate over Evolution vs Creationism just won't go away. .

So?

What does that have to do with God?

:mrgreen:

I always love your posts. :D
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:01 am

And Humans totally understanding the Universe, does not mean there isn't God, or that God always was. I'm all ears if you have anything to proove otherwise. You guys are the one's trying to proove Science disproves God--so show me the proof God doesn;t exist. This issue is not science findings, the issue is your lack of Faith.

Uhmmm, no one understands the universe, science wants proff and faith is something people have without having a single drop of proff to support their claims.
Beleive whatever you want, blind faith is evil.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:07 am

Depends on what you consider blind and what your consider is proof.
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:58 am

Blind is what Isee today on all religions, they believe in something that they don´t anything about, they have altered the original religion several times which makes most hypocrites and worse they harm people that are not like they are.

So it´s the Blind leading the Blind and ultimately becomes evil and stupid.
I might be a pissed off "guy" but atleast I am awake.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby screamzero » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:08 am

Some of you meat heads deny subjective evidence much less look for it,
not that your experience means diddly squat to me or anybody else. What two of any
of you meat heads would do if you both agreed on a subjective experience?
...but that can't happen can it? IT can only be passion without meaning, right?....Libertines?

Like Messtlea said, "What's that got to do with G-d?"...objectivity, objectivity, objectivity...
...kinda like real estate...ain't it? :P

Ya Listen to a song and one person likes it and the other doesn't...go figure...
you meat heads only know the wind for its whisper when it rustles through the tree
leaves
...deaf beats.
screamzero

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:47 am

Archie Bunker always called his son in law meat head! :lol:
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:19 am

Watched 2 great shows last night about Cassini and the probe that landed on Titan, Saturns moon. Interesting there are only 4 possible places that could hold the building blocks of life in our solar system. Becasue of the Gases on Titan, mixed with H20, they could produce amino acids, and think 4 billion years ago earth may have been similar. Thats probably the most advanced scientific evidence we have discovered, in terms of life and other planets. So far still inconclusive and they are still studying data and what they learned. Truly amazing stuff from that one space mission that traveled 2.5 billion miles and took about 8 years.

The most interesting thing was, as amazing as that all is, in such a scientific exploration of evalution, all done at JPL, not a single word or opinion was mentioned about "Is God Real or Not".

I think the myth if any, is that science is on a witch hut, to proove God does not exist, in the real world of science. Carl Sagan worked extensively with JPL and in the Space programs, and that was nor is the reason for space exploration and these kind of science missions. Question is why Starman are you turning it into one?
greeney2

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:18 am

Hi,

Cormac wrote:
how does an all-seeing, all-knowing being "make logical sense"? so Santa Claus makes logical sense?

Santa has elves and magical reindeer to help him. Lol

The title of the post is, Is God "real" or not?. A individuals opinions and personal beliefs make something real to that person, not the opinions of someone else. Some people chose to believe in God {I do}, because for whatever reasons it is true for that person.

Telling someone who believes in God that there are no "facts" to prove there is a God,dosen't make sense because there are no facts to prove there isn't a God. Its just a endless battle of beliefs.

Belief is the root of faith. Even scientists work with belief and have faith in what they are trying to prove.

Personally I have felt the power, and peace that comes with my belief in God, combined with what I have experienced in my life, and this leads me to believe there is A God. These are the "facts" for me, emotions and feelings and beliefs are all very real "facts".

I think "personally" is a key word in explaining belief in God, because each person has their own very unique reasons why they do or don't.

Item7

Postby event_horizon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:14 pm

greeney2 wrote:
How many hundreds of different belief systems have we ever had in the world now? Wouldn't it be safe to just assume there is no "God" until we have some actual proof?...

Maybe for you to assume it, but you know the definition of that! :lol: There are many beleif systems, but a Universal belief seems to recognize One God. How many diffenent scientific hypothetis have there been, and how many are proven. The Hubble telescope should be proof enough that all the pieces of the puzzle are still being discovered.

I wonder if they would tell us they actually saw the Pearly Gates with the Hubble, with St. Peter welcoming a long line in. Which line was longer, the Heaven or Hell line? :lol: (no laughing matter) Or would they make up a bunch or computer pictures of colors,gases, and stars no body can figure out? That isn't anymore far fetched than thinking they built in explosives at the WTC when they built it. Where are all you conspiracy theory people on this one.

Well, science has already proved "Genesis" false. Actually it's been widely known for some time now. Don't you and your tribe keep up with current events?...

Day 3: And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.

Day 4: And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

Certainly, if the universe existed for 9 billion years before the Earth formed, then the stars existed before the Earth. Yes? Not so says your holy book. If your theologians can't communicate with "God" to get something that simple correct, how can you put your faith into anything else written in that book?

greeney2 wrote:Seriously, if they fear the public learning UFO's exist, how much would they fear actully seeing the Pearly Gates with the Hubble?

If you knew anything about anything, you'd know that the Hubble is looking back in time, not through space instantaneously. And what you call the "Pearly Gates" is what we call Cosmic Background Radiation...echoes from the Big Bang.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts