The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Is God Real or Not?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Nesaie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:25 am

God is, thats it. Evolution/Creation/etc. are fables. You don't have to believe in God to make God exist. However, "faith" is required to make christianity exist.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby SmokinJoe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:38 pm

Nesaie wrote:God is, thats it. Evolution/Creation/etc. are fables. You don't have to believe in God to make God exist. However, "faith" is required to make christianity exist.

Long time no talk, Nes..How ya been? Faith is belief in something you cannot prove. Your statement on your own belief is one of faith. I'm curious, how do you KNOW that evolution is a fable?
Dawkins thinks belief in God is an excuse to evade thinking in the scientific world. Sadly, he is ignorant to the list of christian scientists who have contributed & founded many of the sciences he himself believes in. How ironic.
SmokinJoe

Postby orangetom1999 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:25 am

SmokinJoe,

Interesting statement at the bottom of your post..

Dawkins thinks belief in God is an excuse to evade thinking in the scientific world. Sadly, he is ignorant to the list of christian scientists who have contributed & founded many of the sciences he himself believes in. How ironic.

Though I do alot of reading when I can, I only became aware of that statement in the last few years. It was and continues to be an eye opener for me as to how many people are scientists as well as Christians.

I know several who work for a science laboratory in Albuquerque...called Sandia Labs...as well as right here at the NASA Langley Research Center right up the road from me here in Virginia.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Seems to be a great misconception that science is dominated by atheism. It is totally not true, and in fact you may find those involved in many programs like space and aviation gravitate to stronger beliefs. I was lucky and got to talk to many of the shuttle astronauts when they toured the plant.

Lot of talk about the big bang theory on this board, used as proof God doesn't exist. I studied a lot about the big bang theory, in advanced metalurgy classes, and not one time, did my teacher, who was also head of the welding department, related it whatsoever to God or Creation, it was all regarding the process of how elements came into being. Never was it equated to some proof of God not existing. The process of Gravity, and the strong and weak force of the Nucleus, compressing until a proton is generated, making it another element, all part of understanding metalurgy, heat treating, lattice structures, etc.

Unless they have studied metalurgy, or read what I have written before about it in the past, I doubt if the expert Atheists, who know so much about the big bang theory, could even tell you why metals are metals, and non-metals are non=metals. It is very much related to the big bang theory, atoms, and the 4 basic forces in nature.
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:19 pm

I have never EVER seen anyone claim that the big bang is proof there is no God.

That's one you've pulled from your ass greeney, and the misconception that science is only for atheists is one generated ONLY by religious people as a way to discredit it.

What with comments like this and the other thread it seems all you guys ever do is misrepresent other people's positions. Why do you do this? Is it ignorance? Laziness? I just don't get it. It doesn't seem to make any difference how many times you're corrected.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:28 pm

For the last 2 years, everyone of you have contended the Big Bang Theory, is proof that creation was impossible, the Bible was totally false, so God did not exist.
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:36 pm

I have never ever claimed that the Big Bang disproves creation.

Find the quote. If I've been saying it for two years that should be easy to do.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Is there something wrong with you?
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:30 am

This is why you never learn and continue to spout the same lies, even when corrected.

You cannot find the quote because there isn't one. You are mistaken.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby SmokinJoe » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:15 pm

humphreys wrote:This is why you never learn and continue to spout the same lies, even when corrected.

You cannot find the quote because there isn't one. You are mistaken.

I know what ya mean, Hump...I've had the same issue with posters in the past. :shock:

I don't want to get in the middle of this and takes sides, so I hope no one gets offended, but in all my talks with Humphreys, I don't recall him having the position that the Big Bang Theory proves God doesn't exist.

Now, there is the general belief that many atheists make that The Big Bang happened without the need for ANY God to be behind it. However, that is not the same thing as claiming God does not exist.

Maybe other more naive posters have made that claim, but when I posted on the Christian priest/monk who introduced the Big Bang Theory some time ago, hump and I discussed it in depth. Nothing was mentioned that the bang proves God doesn't exist. Heck, it was a christian who came up with theory. Anyone who is remotely aware of the Big Bang Theory should know that. And if they know that, then it would just be stupid to make such an ignorant and unsupported claim.
SmokinJoe

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts