The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Is God Real or Not?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:09 pm

My goodness.. a blast from the past. Hi malai.

How's life treating you and how's that book coming along?

Excellent question, "What IS real." It goes all the way down to the core of our belief systems and the fabric of our universe and reality.

Morpheus nailed it. Movie or not, his statement was undeniably correct. "If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

One of my favorite Morpheus quotes which is a very Christian concept whether the filmmakers meant it that way or not, is

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

Replace "The Matrix" with "This dimension" and voila, it's almost word for word straight out of the Bible.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby sheye » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi,

Code: Select all
Evolution is still just a "theory", even though most people agree with it, it has not been given the status of "Fact" or "Truth".

Truth itself is a very slippery subject, because ones persons truth is not the same as another persons truth, just like one persons reality is different to anothers, according to Einstiens "theory" of realitivity, Lol.

My opinion is the same as its always been, Evolution and God are both "truth". God creates through evolution just like God creates through nothing. Gods power is not restricted to any one way of creation.

Very well said.
sheye

Postby frrostedman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:49 pm

sheye wrote:Hi,

Code: Select all
Evolution is still just a "theory", even though most people agree with it, it has not been given the status of "Fact" or "Truth".

Truth itself is a very slippery subject, because ones persons truth is not the same as another persons truth, just like one persons reality is different to anothers, according to Einstiens "theory" of realitivity, Lol.

My opinion is the same as its always been, Evolution and God are both "truth". God creates through evolution just like God creates through nothing. Gods power is not restricted to any one way of creation.

Very well said.

Who is this "code" person you quoted?
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby sheye » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:04 pm

Who is this "code" person you quoted?

:lol: told you I was terrible at this kind of stuff must have pressed the code button and not noticed. I'm sure you'll see it was Item 7 on page 2 or 3. Thanks for pointing it out ,I probably wouldn't have noticed.
sheye

Postby frrostedman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:16 pm

I didn't even know there was a code button. I wonder what it's for.

But yes I'm with you on that... it was a good post.
frrostedman

Postby malai5 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:33 am

Hi frrostedman

Life is treating us just fine.
We have two books in the final editing stage with just the illustrations to add. (when I get off my butt and compile them ) :oops:

Also the website remains as popular as ever.

Lets take reality. There is no reality in the hologramatic world. There is a force, which has created your circumstances. The Universal mind is a consciousness that just IS. It is a created consciousness, it is created by the Grand Order of Design, and it knows no other life before it, as it cannot. It surpasses all knowledge. Created consciousness is the life force of every being throughout all the universes, you give birth to reality only when that contact is made via your true selves. The ' being' which created you. That 'being' (true self) is directly linked to the Greater consciousness, which in turn gives you the 'entity being', the reality. What you live in your hologramatic world is a created circumstance. It does not give you reality it gives you the feeling of such. It gives you the illusion of a reality. The most difficult illusion of all illusions as you struggle with the concept of what gives birth to reality.

To look at this from a 3 dimensional perspective. Imagine 'you' (the physical) is the creation, and the 'being' (you) is the reality. Look at this the same universally, the 'being' (true you) is the reality, and the G.O.D.(Grand Order of Design) is the created consciousness.

Cheers

Malai5
THE FURTHER YOU GO, THE LESS YOU KNOW!
http://www.mam3.com.au
malai5

Postby Tairaa » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:45 pm

No, it's not really a good point at all.

Evolution IS a fact, just like gravity because we observe it, however there is also the theory of evolution as there is also the theory of gravity.

We KNOW (for sure) that evolution exists because we see it, we've seen it multiple times, we continue to see it. The only thing that isn't fact is that we evolved to get to where we are now. Which is preposterous, aerodynamics never stops working sometimes, it worked before we knew about it. Why would evolution work only when we got advanced enough to look for it? It wouldn't.

And so you all know, there is not but one single biologist in the entirety of the US that believes that evolution is false. There is legitimate scientific argument as to the "fine print" so to speak, certain evolutionary lines are disputed, but that's it.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby humphreys » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Agree with Tairaa, evolution is a "fact". At least in the eyes of the vast, vast majority of scientists (99% or so, in relevant fields of course).

Unfortunately, there is no single entity or group that can officially label something as "fact", and there will always be the odd scientist (usually religiously motivated) who rejects the theory.

The exact mechanisms of evolution are what is usually seriously debated amongst scientists, not whether we evolved or not, although, again, a precious few still debate whether evolution is generally true or not.

When do we determine that something is a fact? When every single scientist in the entire world comes to the same conclusion? Because that's very unlikely, regardless of the strength of the evidence in its favour. There are still a few (crazy) scientists who think the Earth is hollow!
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby qmark » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:49 pm

frrostedman wrote:My goodness.. a blast from the past. Hi malai.

"What IS real." It goes all the way down to the core of our belief systems and the fabric of our universe and reality.

Morpheus nailed it. Movie or not, his statement was undeniably correct. "If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

One of my favorite Morpheus quotes which is a very Christian concept whether the filmmakers meant it that way or not, is

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

Replace "The Matrix" with "This dimension" and voila, it's almost word for word straight out of the Bible.

I had to resurrect this thread for this post. I was reading an article on the web about the Matrix movie. Some of the dialog by "Mr Smith" is out right creepy when you peel away the layers and compare it to the world today.
qmark

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:18 am

For what it's worth, I believe the abstract is real. The concrete is contained in the abstract.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts