The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Is God Real or Not?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby starman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:30 pm

greeney2 wrote:
It is a false belief that causes some people to deny scientific facts in order for them to live in a fantasy world. Is God real or not? Let the evidence speak for itself.

If you are so secure in your belief, why are you so intent on not allowing others to dwell on a so called "false belief and fantasy world" as you put it, and believing there is an after life and God after we are done on this earth?

Your evolution theory has not disproven the existance of God, nor disproven the idea of an afterlife, thats the evidence you don't have. Evolution tell you Heaven or Hell doesn't exist? Evolution proves some things, but is has not answered many questions, has it? Evolution doesn't disprove anything, concerning a God or afterlife.

The bible only tells that God created the Heavens and Earth, but doesn't tell how or doesn't tell what a day was to God. OUr concept of time is a day is one revolution of the earth, and a year is the earth taking 365 days to circle the Sun. But that didn't exist in he beginning, so we don't even know what "time" was or is to God, we only know "time" as it relates to our Earths orbit. Evolution has not answered why we are made up from the same basic elements thruout the Universe, or why the Universe extents to infinity. What purpose is there to an endless universe and if we ever find the end to it, what is just past the end? Evolution is one theory, but in the big picutre of the Universe it is information off a grain of sand in comparison, and maybe enough for you to assume there is no God, and no Afterlife, but not to billions of others on the Earth, who have similar beliefs through many many religions.

When I think you are smarter than God, I'll tell myself I'm in a fantasy world, while you dwell on trying to proove what we all will find out somday when we die. People like you are full of advise for everyone else, and always seem to be intent on putting a cloud over a way of life you can;t relate to.

Are you that sure of your belief, you are willing to risk anothers sole into following you, and forsaking God in his/her present belief? Thats a sad statement about you if you would.

I don't think pursuading people to become atheists is very admirable, when if you are wrong, who's work have you accomplished? Who do you think you are to reduce the religions of the world to a false belief and fantasy world because you read something in Popular mechanics. :roll:

If you are so secure in your belief, why are you so intent on not allowing others to dwell on a so called "false belief and fantasy world" as you put it, and believing there is an after life and God after we are done on this earth?

It's obvious you haven't got a clue as to the intent of my post. How can anyone not allow someone to believe in something. Religions do that. But I am fully aware of your intent here. Accusations, innuendos, and personal attacks.

Your evolution theory has not disproven the existance of God, nor disproven the idea of an afterlife, thats the evidence you don't have. Evolution tell you Heaven or Hell doesn't exist? Evolution proves some things, but is has not answered many questions, has it? Evolution doesn't disprove anything, concerning a God or afterlife.

The bible only tells that God created the Heavens and Earth, but doesn't tell how or doesn't tell what a day was to God.

The theory of evolution belongs to Darwin, not me. The scientific evidence for the theory of evolution is overwhelming, therefore, I accept it as truth. Evolution has proven that the story of creation in Genesis is false. Before science discovered how our universe and the earth were formed, the earth was six thousand years old and created by God in six days. The story does explain how God created the heavens and the earth. Trying to make the creation story in Genesis fit into what science has revealed about the beginning of the universe is a typical Christian creationist response.

People like you are full of advise for everyone else, and always seem to be intent on putting a cloud over a way of life you can;t relate to.

I don't give advice unless I'm asked for advice. There's nothing in my post advising anyone to do anything. That statement is unfounded and a personal attack from you.

Are you that sure of your belief, you are willing to risk anothers sole into following you, and forsaking God in his/her present belief? Thats a sad statement about you if you would.

The only thing I'm sure of in regards to my post is the scientific proof of evolution. I'm not asking or implying that anyone follow me. The only thing about your statement is how ridiculous it is.

I don't think pursuading people to become atheists is very admirable, when if you are wrong, who's work have you accomplished? Who do you think you are to reduce the religions of the world to a false belief and fantasy world because you read something in Popular mechanics.

Who's persuading people to become atheists? People make their own decisions about what to believe in or not. Don't speak to me about what is admirable. Who do you think you are? I've dealt with condescending and mean spirited people like you my entire life. I didn't just get off the boat.

“It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” ~ Carl Sagan...Popular Mechanics, I don't think so.
a book without light
unless with love we write ~ Moody Blues
starman

Postby starman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Similar beliefs are naturally inherent within the spiritual fabric of humankind and the soul is the gateway to such wisdom and knowledge. So its not so much the question of God not being real or not but rather do you believe.

I can agree with that statement. My post is directed towards the creation God of the bible. Is He/She real or not. It is my opinion that the God of the bible is a false God, not real.
a book without light
unless with love we write ~ Moody Blues
starman

Postby MonarchSmile » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:48 pm

starman wrote:
Lucifer wrote:
Similar beliefs are naturally inherent within the spiritual fabric of humankind and the soul is the gateway to such wisdom and knowledge. So its not so much the question of God not being real or not but rather do you believe.

I can agree with that statement. My post is directed towards the creation God of the bible. Is He/She real or not. It is my opinion that the God of the bible is a false God, not real.

Bump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqC73omSk4o

:D
MonarchSmile

Postby fortwynt » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:53 pm

I believe the God who created the universe is indeed real...although I believe that writings about this concept are flawed, and even when they are close to the reality, man has a distinct way of completely and utterly mischaracterizing and interpreting.

I feel like this (to quote a wise man):

"I never really hated one True God, but the God of the people I hated".
fortwynt

Postby event_horizon » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:25 pm

The thing I've always had a problem with and all believers should to is that...the unvierse existed for approximately 9 billion years before the Earth even began to form. What the heck was "God" doing all that time...scratching "His" head?...or balls? :lol:

Yeah yeah, I know, "God" exists outside of time and a day is like a thousand years and all that. But still, for "God" to have just sat on "His" hands for 2/3 the life of the universe doesn't jibe with an "all-powerful" and "all-knowing" being.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby MonarchSmile » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:28 pm

I was doing an inventory on my body parts..........

which I do with regularity...

with my left hand....

imagine that :lol:

and it appears that I Am, a man of god

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :twisted:
MonarchSmile

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:46 am

It is a false belief that causes some people to deny scientific facts in order for them to live in a fantasy world. Is God real or not? Let the evidence speak for itself.

Replies:
It's obvious you haven't got a clue as to the intent of my post. How can anyone not allow someone to believe in something. Religions do that. But I am fully aware of your intent here. Accusations, innuendos, and personal attacks.

Trying to make the creation story in Genesis fit into what science has revealed about the beginning of the universe is a typical Christian creationist response.

The only thing about your statement is how ridiculous it is.Quote:

I've dealt with condescending and mean spirited people like you my entire life. I didn't just get off the boat.
You make a blanket statement that sends a message everyone with a religious belief is wrong and your scientic facts make them null and void, therefore God doesn't exist. A quote from Carl Sagan does not make you Carl Sagan or anyplace near him.

As far as I'm concerned your statement above is mean Spirted and condesending with the malice twards people, who are comfortable in their religious beliefs. Your entire premise or opinion did not have to include anything that deducts all relgions are wrong and anyone following them is in a false belief and fantasy world. It is also not very scientific to assume the proof of one thing therefore provides facts to disprove something else. There are many that do studies of biblical or religious writings which your studies do not include. That is your assumption. If anything, there are far more unanswered questions in the formation of our Universe discovered daily with the Hubble telescope and other sciences. Seems logical to assume all the facts are not in yet, and your opinion that seems to "shame anyone with a religous view", is scientifically incomplete. By the way, how much information has been discovered since Carl Sagan died? We are still learning, and catagorizing all religous opinions as Fantasy, is condesending and mean spirted, and typical for evolutionists.

Is God Real or Not?

The very title of your post is a front against religion, not a scientific front, or you would have posted this in the Science forum, not religion. You start out with malice twards religions, make an insulting blanket statement about fantasy beliefs to bait, and get all "high and mighty" when it happened. :roll: You started by looking for a confrontation, at least admit it. :roll:
greeney2

Postby fortwynt » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:19 pm

you are assuming, event, that humanity and more specifically life on earth, is the only thing in the whole universe that God has actively been involved in, in that whole billions of years of time.

i say the universe is fully of different modes of creation, life even, much of which is probably not even recognizable to you or i.
fortwynt

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:38 am

You can do all the studies you want to on "How" the universe was formed, but you also have to do studies on "Why" it was formed the way it is. Why is earth so far, the only planet to have life in such a huge universe? Why is the the closest possible other life so unreachable? Why wouldn't it be natural for people to be thankful to God for this gift of life, and why are others so intent on breaking down that faith or belief?
greeney2

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi,

Evolution is still just a "theory", even though most people agree with it, it has not been given the status of "Fact" or "Truth".

Truth itself is a very slippery subject, because ones persons truth is not the same as another persons truth, just like one persons reality is different to anothers, according to Einstiens "theory" of realitivity, Lol.

My opinion is the same as its always been, Evolution and God are both "truth". God creates through evolution just like God creates through nothing. Gods power is not restricted to any one way of creation.

Item7

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts