The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

God Is Imaginary: Try Praying & Statistically Analyze Prayer

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby humphreys » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:11 am

OraProNobis wrote:Sorry, there has been plenty of evidence shown . Those who have eyes see .

Have you lived my life? I'd like to know how you're aware of what evidence I have personally seen in favour of God's existence.

If you are speaking of things like Lourdes etc, which you're always going on about, there are other explanations which I have already mentioned for what people are reporting which make far more sense.

I asked this of you before, but if the evidence for God is there, why do we need faith?

OraProNobis wrote:Because you refuse to acknowledge, is noway indicative of it being a game created by an insanely evil God. The evil one is the one who takes the eyes of the love and mercy of God, and who twists around the reality, so people can't even acknowledge the GOOD that is in the commandments given to us by God. Yes, the God who gave us those commandments must be insanely evil .

I can't think of anything more evil than torturing souls in hell for all eternity for the simple crime of unbelief.

OraProNobis wrote:And no, I will not stop praying for you. It is my duty and joy as a Christian ,to pray for all souls, and I will do just that.

You are fake.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby humphreys » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:14 am

event_horizon wrote:
humphreys wrote:I suspect religion will wipe us out via war within 300.

I'm afraid it's going to happen within the next 10 to 30 years. There's just too much chaos going on everywhere in the Middle East right now. Pakistan has nukes and Iran is almost there. Russia is also missing nukes. If not by nukes then by some form of biological warfare/manmade virus. All it takes is one small group of nutjob towelheads willing to be martyrs...just like 9/11.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

I often wonder, if mankind is wiped out completely, along with all traces of religion, what new whacky religions would take the place of Christianity and Islam et al?

It's fun to wonder what the creative minds of desperate, frightened men, and those hungry for control over the masses, will conjure up.

I will make a prediction. Things like evolution would eventually be discovered and accepted all over again, but there would never be another Christianity, or another Islam, the new religions will be entirely different - but expect to see common themes.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby OraProNobis » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:24 am

Postby humphreys » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:11 am

If you are speaking of things like Lourdes etc, which you're always going on about, there are other explanations which I have already mentioned for what people are reporting which make far more sense.

I asked this of you before, but if the evidence for God is there, why do we need faith

We need both, and have both. We have evidence that God is reaching out to souls very much , and Medjugorje is another example where He has sent the Blessed Mother with important messages to visionaries. The miracles and conversions in Medjugorje are testament to the evidence God is sending us that He loves us all very much, and wishes for us to repent and change our ways , so we may be with Him in heaven someday.

Below is one of the latest messages from Our Blessed Mother to one of the visionaries , and is proof that Satan indeed exists, and how he wishes for souls to NOT believe he even exists.
MARCH 14 - SATAN IS TRYING TO DESTROY

Regarding Satan, the Blessed Mother said to Ivan's prayer group:
"Dear Children, during this Lent Satan is trying by every means to destroy in you what we have started. I warn you as a mother, let prayer be your weapon against him. (Visionary Prayer Group March 12,1988).
In his first letter, Peter also warns of Satan:
Discipline yourselves, keep alert. Like a roaring lion your adversary the Devil prowls around, looking for someone to devour. Resist him, steadfast in your faith, for you know that your brothers and sisters in all the world are undergoing the same kinds of suffering. (1 Pt 5:8-9).

Reflection:
The Madonna of Medjugorje continues to emphasize the reality and danger of Satan, for just as a physician cannot treat an illness without a diagnosis, so we cannot fight the Evil One without first acknowledging his existence and power.
In a sermon in Medjugorje on this subject, Fr. Tomislav Vlasic, at one time the spiritual director of the visionaries, said: "Recently Our Lady's messages have been warning us of Satan's presence and we in Medjugorje have actually been experiencing this. It is not an academic question for us, but the actual experience of Satan's presence and attacks?
But Our Lady has taught us how to face this problem, how to fight it. She always points out the weapons we can use against the Evil One: prayer, penance, and as active spiritual life?
Through Our Lady, we have discovered Satan's presence hidden in civilization, which has denied his existence, just as it has denied the presence of God. Satan exists, he is real. But we have the weapons to fight him.

Application:
Simply take to heart the Madonna's message today: «I warn you as a mother, let prayer be your weapon against Satan."

Humphreys wrote:

I can't think of anything more evil than torturing souls in hell for all eternity for the simple crime of unbelief.

Excuse me, it is satan who tortures souls in hells for all eternity. It is God who suffered and got beaten, tortured, lied about, and crucified, to save us from that.
God wishes no souls to perish in hell, and that is why He explicitly asks ALL believers to pray for the conversion of souls. In the messages to Maria, He even pleads with those who have succumbed to satanism, and satanic rituals. He desperately calls out to them to turn their lives around while they still have a chance, because He so desperately wants to save all souls. He is letting all souls know how great His mercy is for those who truly are repentant and wish to change their lives.

He gave us free will , and if souls decide with that free will to refuse His love and mercy, He will not interfere.

So Humphreys, it is souls themselves who choose Hell, through their own stubbornness and refusal to accept Gods salvation. Just as it was Satans own choice to choose to not bow down before Jesus Christ, therefore sealing his destiny as well. Since that time satan has hated Jesus with a vengeance , and has done everything possible to stop souls from worshiping Him.

Humphreys wrote:

You are fake.

:lol: You really think it matters to me what your opinion is of me?

Only Gods opinion of me matters anymore , and trust me, I know I disappoint Him at times with my actions and words. I also know He is merciful and willing to help me grow in virtue.

There are many souls in life who have much admiration from their fellow man, but in reality God knows they are fake, and in the END, it is ONLY His opinion that matters, only His mercy that counts .

Humphreys wrote:

I often wonder, if mankind is wiped out completely, along with all traces of religion, what new whacky religions would take the place of Christianity and Islam et al?

The living God would establish His religion AGAIN . Just because mankind is wiped out, does not mean that the Holy Trinity is wiped out.
OraProNobis

Postby humphreys » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:26 pm

OraProNobis wrote:Below is one of the latest messages from Our Blessed Mother to one of the visionaries , and is proof that Satan indeed exists, and how he wishes for souls to NOT believe he even exists/

If that's what constitutes proof of Satan's existence for you, it makes sense to me why you'd find it so easy to believe in other ridiculous things.

OraProNobis wrote:Excuse me, it is satan who tortures souls in hells for all eternity. It is God who suffered and got beaten, tortured, lied about, and crucified, to save us from that.

Who created Satan? Who created the rules which allow unbelievers to get handed over to Satan for torturing, for mere unbelief?

If I create a robot who goes out and kills those I deem unworthy, aren't I at least a little responsible for those getting killed? If I even own a dog who hurts another I'd consider myself partly responsible.

Your defense of the indefensible here is laughable.

OraProNobis wrote:God wishes no souls to perish in hell, and that is why He explicitly asks ALL believers to pray for the conversion of souls.

What do you think the prayer is supposed to accomplish? If it's a request for God to force conversion on the unbeliever, then he'd just do it anyway, without your prayer.

If God wished no souls to perish, no souls would perish, it's as simple as that.

He is all-powerful, remember?

OraProNobis wrote:He gave us free will , and if souls decide with that free will to refuse His love and mercy, He will not interfere.

I have refused nothing. Lacking belief is not refusal of God.

I have absolutely no good reason to believe this contradictory being you keep telling me about exists. Unless you or someone else can provide me with compelling evidence, you need to retract your statement that I have refused anything.

OraProNobis wrote:So Humphreys, it is souls themselves who choose Hell,

Let me tell you about Bob. Bob is the real God. Not the God written about in your silly Bible, he is the God written about in the great book of Bob - the only true Bible.

I am Bob's helper. If you give over all your money to me, and hand your soul over to Bob, he will spare you. However, being such a great and fair guy, Bob has created another being called Jeff. Jeff is a bad guy, and if you don't give me your money, he comes round your house and smacks you about a bit.

Bob really doesn't want Jeff to get you, so he desperately wants you to give me all your money.

In the scenario I have created, please answer me three questions:

1) Is Bob a good guy?
2) Should you give me your money?
3) Do you deserve to get smacked around by Jeff if you don't?

The religion you want me to buy into is far sicker and more outrageous than the example I have just given you, so if you don't buy into the ridiculousness of Bob and Jeff, please understand why I stick two fingers up to your own brand of nonsense.

OraProNobis wrote:You really think it matters to me what your opinion is of me?

If I matter so little to you, why don't you sod off and stop praying and babbling your insanity at me?

You are the worst kind of believer, because you only spout dogma and rehash other people's ideas, and make no attempt to apply any logic to them. Because of this, you will never learn. You are a religions drone, no more. Indoctrinated, brainwashed, and intellectually ruined - a hopeless case.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby event_horizon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:19 pm

frrostedman wrote:
humphreys wrote:For the record, I find it unlikely we will ever have eternal life (barring death via accident) through science.

It's achievable, probably within 500 years or less, but I suspect religion will wipe us out via war within 300.

I'm tired of that misnomer. Religion itself is not the cause of any war, no more than a gun is responsible for the person that gets shot. The problem is mankind and if it weren't for the excuse of (twisted and conformed to suit a specific purpose) "religious beliefs," there would be a host of other reasons to choose from for mankind to justify war.

So tell us...what made those religious psychos run planes into the WTC on 9/11? Isn't that the main reason Christian America is still over in the Middle East fighting Muslims?

It's a religious war.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:33 pm

humphreys wrote:
event_horizon wrote:
humphreys wrote:I suspect religion will wipe us out via war within 300.

I'm afraid it's going to happen within the next 10 to 30 years. There's just too much chaos going on everywhere in the Middle East right now. Pakistan has nukes and Iran is almost there. Russia is also missing nukes. If not by nukes then by some form of biological warfare/manmade virus. All it takes is one small group of nutjob towelheads willing to be martyrs...just like 9/11.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

It's fun to wonder what the creative minds of desperate, frightened men, and those hungry for control over the masses, will conjure up.

I will make a prediction. Things like evolution would eventually be discovered and accepted all over again, but there would never be another Christianity, or another Islam, the new religions will be entirely different - but expect to see common themes.

Who knows...it might not even be the apes that evolve next time. There might be frog humanoids worshiping a bearded invisible toad.

I also can't help but think of all the other nutty gods being worshipped across the cosmos by primitive alien civilizations. I'm sure this probably happens everywhere, once intelligence kicks in to their evolutionary process.

I think that after gaining technology, probably less than 20% of inhabited planets can actually somehow survive this mess. And that's being generous.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby OraProNobis » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:10 pm

event_horizon wrote:

So tell us...what made those religious psychos run planes into the WTC on 9/11? Isn't that the main reason Christian America is still over in the Middle East fighting Muslims?

It's a religious war.

If you honestly believe that it was militant muslims who ran those planes into the world trade centers , than you may be in for a surprise someday, about who actually orchestrated it all.

If you think it is true Christians who orchestrated this, and are over in the middle east fighting because of this, then I suggest you rethink that as well.
OraProNobis

Postby frrostedman » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:22 am

It's been very recent, but it is now pretty much accepted that America is no longer to be considered a "Christian Nation." That is over and done with.

I scratch my head as over the years, I've seen E_H represent a very hawkish view on the war on terror, only to now to falsely and conveniently declare it a "religious war." pffffffft :liar:
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby event_horizon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:10 am

OraProNobis wrote:event_horizon wrote:

It's a religious war.

If you honestly believe that it was militant muslims who ran those planes into the world trade centers , than you may be in for a surprise someday, about who actually orchestrated it all.

If you think it is true Christians who orchestrated this, and are over in the middle east fighting because of this, then I suggest you rethink that as well.

Okay...so you don't believe it was done by Muslim extremists, and you don't believe in the conspiracy that the US government was behind it? Who was behind it then? Satan? :lol:
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:17 am

frrostedman wrote:It's been very recent, but it is now pretty much accepted that America is no longer to be considered a "Christian Nation." That is over and done with.

Given the percentage of Christian Americans and Christians that dominate the US political arena, it's still a "Christian Nation," no matter what the politically correct pundits say.

And it doesn't even matter if it's been "pretty recent"...we've been over there for almost a decade now.

frrostedman wrote:I scratch my head as over the years, I've seen E_H represent a very hawkish view on the war on terror, only to now to falsely and conveniently declare it a "religious war." Pffffffft

"over the years" my ass. I only just recently began talking about the war for oil thing.

So, do you think that we'd be invading the Middle East for oil if it was predominately Judeo-Christian territory? Of course not. It's BOTH a religious war AND a war for oil.

Who is the Christian Military out there killing? Muslim extremists.

Christians killing Muslims and vice versa = religious warfare.
event_horizon

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts