The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

God Is Imaginary: Notice Your Church (Proof #20)

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Halfabo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:13 pm

event_horizon wrote:
Your local pastor was wondering if you could pay him $20 so he could plug you up the rear. :lol:

Anyways...I guess since you've got nothing to say about the opening post, you're totally okay with your church disobeying the Bible.

You do realize that man's disobedience to God does not prove God is imaginary, don't you?

If that were the case, then a person robbing a bank proves cops are imaginary.
Halfabo

Postby greeney2 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Humphreyss claims we don't have to IQ for this, but the picture I posted only prooves the vast majoriety of a House of Worship are not the great cathedrals you are somehow imagining but resemble a simple small church. You talk about imaginary, there are tens of thousands of small little home town churches that resemble more to the caliber of the deserted church I posted, than some grand ST Patricks church, or crystal cathedral. You really only need common sense, that your proof again is nothing but a distortion of the truth. Like I said, just more of the same, trash is a fitting label for it. That your way of looking at things to proove your own point. Some cynical way to discredit everyone else in the world, which also in not a proof God is imaginary anyway. So what is the point at all? I've attended a church service in a National Park, in the "Amphatheater" which was fallen logs layed out as church pews.

I wonder why such a critical thinker, can only think of what to say from the gutter, about the $20? Hint, because thats where your trash is placed on garabe day, by the curb and the gutter.
greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:09 am

Halfabo wrote:
event_horizon wrote:
Your local pastor was wondering if you could pay him $20 so he could plug you up the rear. :lol:

Anyways...I guess since you've got nothing to say about the opening post, you're totally okay with your church disobeying the Bible.

You do realize that man's disobedience to God does not prove God is imaginary, don't you?

If that were the case, then a person robbing a bank proves cops are imaginary.

Cops aren't omnipresent and threating people with eternal torture. And the cops can be evaded. "God" cannot be evaded. See the huge differential in your analogy?

Obviously, if the church is disobeying the Bible, then to them "God" is imaginary. If they truly feared the wrath of their "God" then they would obey their Bible.

The premise of this is that since the leaders of the church know their "God" is imaginary, they can use the church as a front to make money.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 am

greeney2 wrote:Humphreyss claims we don't have to IQ for this, but the picture I posted only prooves the vast majoriety of a House of Worship are not the great cathedrals you are somehow imagining but resemble a simple small church. You talk about imaginary, there are tens of thousands of small little home town churches that resemble more to the caliber of the deserted church I posted, than some grand ST Patricks church, or crystal cathedral.

Of course there's going to be more little churches than there are big churches, because small towns outnumber big cities by a large margin. DUH!

That's not even the main point of the thread. It's not about how many big churches there are. It's about the accumulative wealth of the church, which is estimated at billions of dollars.

And you wonder why Humphreys talks about how low your IQ is. You're completely incapable of grasping the point of any given subject, and that's why you constantly find yourself arguing with people.

You need to just hang it up old man. Sell your computer and give up debating. Get checked in to an old folks home and hook up with one of the grannies.....then get a cane to the nads. :lol:

greeney2 wrote:I wonder why such a critical thinker, can only think of what to say from the gutter, about the $20? Hint, because thats where your trash is placed on garabe day, by the curb and the gutter.

Oh and you're just a big ray of sunshine aren't you. GTF outta here.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:31 am

Fell better now that you told um all off! :clap: Talk about IQ, how about your juvenile comments! :roll: Mental Giant aren't you? :oops:
greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:51 am

And talking about stealing silverware from grandma is supposed to be the peak of maturity? :naughty:

I'm just stooping down to your level so you can understand, brainiac. :drool:

That's right, veer away from your obvious stupidity and let's talk about the taste of jokes...which has absolutely nothing to do with an IQ, btw. :Doh:

Boy...with each post you just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper into an IQ hole. You in China yet? :lol:
event_horizon

Postby Halfabo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:55 pm

event_horizon wrote:
Halfabo wrote:

Cops aren't omnipresent and threating people with eternal torture. And the cops can be evaded. "God" cannot be evaded. See the huge differential in your analogy?

Obviously, if the church is disobeying the Bible, then to them "God" is imaginary. If they truly feared the wrath of their "God" then they would obey their Bible.

The premise of this is that since the leaders of the church know their "God" is imaginary, they can use the church as a front to make money.

"Cops aren't omnipresent and threating people with eternal torture." ?

I don't know about that. Drive on a long straight highway with no other car around you for miles. As soon as you get twenty miles an hour over the speed limit, there's a cop right behind you. :lol:

I admit there are a lot of corrupt people in the organized religions. The crooked pastor you give as an example is, unfortunately, all to common. To him God is not imaginary. He most likely didn't believe in God in the first place. He just believed he found a way to get money from people. Man's failures do not even suggest that God is imaginary. It only proves that man is corrupt and evil.
Halfabo

Postby event_horizon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm not sure what "crooked pastor" you're referring to. There was no one specific mentioned in the opening post or by me.

This has a lot more to do with just one man or a few crooks. This is about the top dogs that are in control of all the church's wealth. And the top of the chain remains wealthy and keeps getting wealthier. It's big business mixed with politics -- which is all religion really is and all it ever was from the beginning -- its purpose being to gain wealth and control the masses by inventing a spooky invisible man.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Man, you under the most misinformed and delusional idea, every pastor in this country is in charge of huge amounts of money, and wealthy beyond belief. More churches are struggling, than cashing in if anything, and the truth is many have had to close the doors. Many priests and nuns, many of the brothers, have taken vows of poverty, and live in the rectory. Small town churches, the pasters have meager incomes, or many do not even have a salary. You are truly misinformed.
greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Jeeeeeeezus age Christ. WTF is the matter with you man? I never said "every pastor in this country." Do you have voices in your head or something?...because you're constantly doing this.

Once again, this has to do with the ACCUMULATIVE WEALTH of the church, which is estimated anywhere from tens to hundreds of billions of dollars. Nobody really knows exactly how much, because they're secretive about it. See for yourself (yeah right):

http://www.chick.com/reading/books/153/153_10.asp

http://www.spiegel.de/international/ger ... 13,00.html

I certainly don't expect you to read this stuff. You'll just continue to bark out of your ass.
event_horizon

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts