The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Battle Forum

Gay Marriage - Just Say No !!!!

This is the Battle Forum. It was setup for those threads and conversations that get out of hand - and turn into attacks, name calling and childish behavior. Users head here to hash out their differences. Please be warned before entering...
Forum rules
This is the BATTLE FORUM. A WARNING UP FRONT: ANYTHING GOES HERE!

Expect language and attacks from other members here. This place was setup for those threads that turned to personal attacks, name calling, and other immature behavior.

This is an unmoderated board, except by the site Administrator. There are NO THREATS OF VIOLENCE, BLATANT RACISM, or other ILLEGAL ACTIVITY! Other than that, this is a battle field - so enter and read at your own risk.

Postby at1with0 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:31 am

:lol:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby chiselray » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:28 am

i say no to gay marriage .......and that is because i want to say no....and that is not because i believe in what i say,it is because i believe it is worth saying.. bwha bhwwa ..

what do you believe !! ! ! ! ! ! !
chiselray

Postby blackvault » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:47 am

I believe with all my heart that same sex marriage should be legal. It hurts NO ONE... not me, not my wife, and not anyone around me.

Plain and simple.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:27 am

What are the current laws in Australia concerning it Chiselray?
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:23 pm

My question, wherever the law may exist (or not exist), is why is it UNlawful?

I think it truly is one of the most ridiculous things about our society today - in most places (I know some areas it is legal). I am straight, and married with a beautiful wife. But, I feel strongly about this issue. I have had the pleasure of knowing quite a few people that happen to be gay, and are in same sex relationships (or looking for a partner). They are human, just like me. They have feelings, just like me. They sleep, just like me. They work, just like me. The care about others, just like me. Why would anyone not want them to experience marriage, and love, just like me?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby at1with0 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:37 pm

I agree, blackvault.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:31 pm

I Looked it up, Australia has not adopted same sex marriage, just wanted to know their law on it. It has become implemented in several states now in the USA, and backed now by some of the State supreme courts. In a few states it has been adopted by the voters, and in one of the New England states by their legislature. By no means is it widely accepted, it is divided pretty much down the middle, as shown in voter results. Even in Supreme court rulings, One vote made the difference in California, it was not a 7-0 zero vote, meaning several justices saw valid reasons on both sides of the fence to consider. So it is not "simple as that", in terms of voter preference, nor in terms of the legal expertise of Supreme Court Judges.

That said, the issue is being adopted slowly and is becoming a reality, as the voting base becomes more liberal, and the appointed justices become more liberal in there legal rulings. Prior decades were much more Conservative.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:17 pm

The question still stands, however, regardless of how Supreme Courts see the issue.

I'd love to know a VALID reason why it should NOT be allowed?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby event_horizon » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:41 pm

blackvault wrote:I'd love to know a VALID reason why it should NOT be allowed?

All those that think it should not be allowed are going by what their Bible says. So, they think that's a "valid" reason.

It violates the constitution of a separation of church and state.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:03 am

blackvault wrote:The question still stands, however, regardless of how Supreme Courts see the issue.

I'd love to know a VALID reason why it should NOT be allowed?

I'm sure if you searched it, you can probably read the 7 judges rulings on the matter, in which 4 found Prop 8 was unconstitutional, but 3 did not. I am sure they have sound legal reasons for their judgement. This is why we have courts with 5,7 or 9 judges to decide these difficult cases. In prior rulings of the California Supreme Court, they ruled on a landmark case involving same sex marriage discrimination, that 4-3 ruled because of the provisions of civil unions, and other discrimination laws, there was no discrimination involved. Again, the supreme courts legal rulings each time were only one vote, which is pretty clearly down the middle. Also the will of the voters was very slim, only 1 or 2% difference on the issue. Split pretty much down the middle, which has also been the pattern in other states I believe.
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to Battle Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts