The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Free Will, Does it Exist?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed May 02, 2012 12:54 am

I feel safer in my 4D cage, letting them control me and watch over me. It's very comforting in a perverse way.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby khanster » Wed May 02, 2012 1:09 am

DIss0n80r wrote:I feel safer in my 4D cage, letting them control me and watch over me. It's very comforting in a perverse way.

They are only interested in those who fight back, at least up to a point. Uploading a higher dimensional computer virus into the mind of a probing entity is required to launch an effective counter attack.
khanster

Postby khanster » Wed May 02, 2012 2:19 am

Then again, perhaps the ETs are our friends who watch over us kindly :D

http://commonsenseconspiracy.com/2012/0 ... al-aliens/

The hacking group with a cause Anonymous is back in the news, this time going after NASA. Anonymous claims they have a huge amount of information detailing NASA’ repeated coverups about UFO’s and aliens. The interesting part is towards the end when Anonymous declares that the interdimensional aliens are not evil and they are here to help us. They are threatening to disclose all of this information if NASA does not stop all the coverups and the lies. Do you believe Anonymous? Will they come through on this threat to NASA?

khanster

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed May 02, 2012 4:17 am

The aliens might decide to project a holographic image in the sky of Jesus engaging in homosexual activity with his disciples in order to test how masses of christians will react under extreme stress...

Could be 2012 doomsday fever talking, though. :silent:
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:21 am

I'm going to have to redefine my boyish notions of crazy. Thanks for the eye-opening experience.

The video illustrates a seemingly random sequence of neuron firing in the brain. The size, position, and color of the discs indicate voltage, position (which neuron), and current of said electrical impulse.

If our brains even remotely work like that, then just as the observer cannot predict where the next disc will be, its size, or its color, an observer will not entirely be able to predict what thoughts occur. Thus when observing someone making a decision a perfect way to predict seems implausible in all scenarios.

The kicker here is that while it all seems quite random (indicating free will), it is 100% deterministic pseudo-random (indicating no free will).

So it is plausible that free will is based on a deterministic algorithm that seems quite random but, in fact, isn't. Still odd though how we can control what we believe...
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed May 02, 2012 9:43 pm

You are welcome! :drool:

:think: I wonder, is randomness even a good thing as far as it pertains to free will? Free will may arise within total randomness, but could it last? Perhaps randomness is not the basis of free will?
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 pm

I see determinism as the opposite of random. Predictable outcomes arising from deterministic processes would mean there is no free will.
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed May 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Sort of like saying if you put a gun to a head and pull the trigger, because there are limited outcomes, no real choice was involved?
DIss0n80r

Postby at1with0 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:27 pm

DIss0n80r wrote:Sort of like saying if you put a gun to a head and pull the trigger, because there are limited outcomes, no real choice was involved?

Hmm, I would think the opposite that there is a choice in that situation albeit no options are good with a gun to your head.
at1with0

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 pm

You seem to have misunderstood.

If you point a gun at someone, you have two choices: Pull the trigger or don't.

If you pull it, there are limited outcomes. You may somehow miss/misfire. You may only wound them. You may kill them.

Any choice involved?
DIss0n80r

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts