The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Freedom of Information Act

FOIA vs. Privacy Act

Come in to discuss your experience and troubles with the FOIA. Let everyone know what you are researching, and how you are doing!

Postby Swallowtails » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:59 am

I'm trying to document extreme harassment/social engineering in order to construct a case. I was wondering what the difference is between FOIA and Privacy Act. Does Privacy Act only pertain to records regarding myself specifically (rather than broader topics related to harassment and surveillance)? Is there a good agency to start with (that is, that would serve as more of a "clearinghouse"? I don't know that there are government agencies involved in my harassment but if there were, would anything that is subcontracted also show up in FOIA? I can explain further if necessary. Thx.
Swallowtails

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:40 am

Welcome to the BV Shallowtails. John, the administrator can probably answer your question as to the difference, since he has been doing FOIR requests going on 15 years. Done the proper way, you can request your own FBI file.
greeney2

Return to Freedom of Information Act

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts