The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Battle Forum

Fight Club

This is the Battle Forum. It was setup for those threads and conversations that get out of hand - and turn into attacks, name calling and childish behavior. Users head here to hash out their differences. Please be warned before entering...
Forum rules
This is the BATTLE FORUM. A WARNING UP FRONT: ANYTHING GOES HERE!

Expect language and attacks from other members here. This place was setup for those threads that turned to personal attacks, name calling, and other immature behavior.

This is an unmoderated board, except by the site Administrator. There are NO THREATS OF VIOLENCE, BLATANT RACISM, or other ILLEGAL ACTIVITY! Other than that, this is a battle field - so enter and read at your own risk.

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Tairaa wrote:5.56mm = .223, pretty small round compared to something like a .35 (9mm) or a .45 or god forbid the .50 or something ridiculous like a .77

Also it's a c-8, not an AR-15. ;)

Edit: Actually 5.56mm= 0.2189 inchs, but apparently speaking purely from ammunition a 5.56 NATO round is equivocal to a 223, or so I hear.

Not true, the 5.56 and the .223 are not interchangeable rounds that can be loaded into a gun that feeds one or the other.

Or rather, you can't put a 5.56 in a .223 barrel, but you CAN put a .223 in a 5.56. You just won't get nearly as good of a group if you were using matching ammo.

Also, you can call it whatever you want, but that platform is directly taken from our AR-15. ;)

Edit: Your cannon ain't sh*t as long as I stay away from train tracks, Lashmar. :lol:
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:48 pm

The C-7 may be taken from your AR-15, or the M-16, but the C-8 is closer to an M-4 then an AR-15.

But there are some differences, for instance Weaver rails over Picatinny.

Plus ours (the C-7) is made of a more robust plastic that handles better in cold weather.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Tairaa wrote:The C-7 may be taken from your AR-15, or the M-16, but the C-8 is closer to an M-4 then an AR-15.

But there are some differences, for instance Weaver rails over Picatinny.

Plus ours (the C-7) is made of a more robust plastic that handles better in cold weather.

-whistle- Ahem...

AR-15 < M16 < M4 Carbine

Time line of creation, FYI. The M16 we've all come to know and love is based off the AR-15 design, and the M4 was created in order to make a more compact version of the M16 for special forces and SEALs.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:01 pm

The AR-15 came first? Well that's something I didn't know, I always thought that the AR-15 was a model that was made for civilian use with a short clip and single fire. I did obviously know that the M-4 was created for special forces as a more compact version.

But I would still prefer a Diemaco C-7 assault rifle or a C-8 assault carbine over an M-16 or M-4 respectively.

Edit: As for the original point, the C-8 carbine is compact, and the ammunition it fires is very comparatively small, so for all my history shortcomings I still win! Mwahahahah! :P
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Tairaa wrote:The AR-15 came first? Well that's something I didn't know, I always thought that the AR-15 was a model that was made for civilian use with a short mag and single fire. I did obviously know that the M-4 was created for special forces as a more compact version.

But I would still prefer a Diemaco C-7 assault rifle or a C-8 assault carbine over an M-16 or M-4 respectively.

Edit: As for the original point, the C-8 carbine is compact, and the ammunition it fires is very comparatively small, so for all my history shortcomings I still win! Mwahahahah! :P

Fixed.

Constructive criticism, don't mistake magazine and clip, The two are very different. Of course, it boils down to whichever you prefer, and feel more comfortable shooting.

Still, it's just an AR platform with a fancy name and different combination of letters and numbers. ;)

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:48 pm

There are differences in their construction methods and materials as well, they're not a complete copy.

And the differences are as such that I would prefer to use a Diemaco C-7 or C-8 then I would a Colt M-16 or M-4. Just cuz yours came first doesn't necessarily mean it's better. :P

Difference between clip and magazine noted, also. Thanks. :)
Tairaa

Postby bionic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:20 am

do you guys watch Deadliest Warrior?
cool weapons

Lassie, when SRO means weird, he means that you are so gay that you make me look straight

hargh, hargh
(actually that WAS pretty funny)

I'm off to watch 'The Sound of Music' now

toodles!!!
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:28 am

bionic wrote:do you guys watch Deadliest Warrior?
cool weapons

Oh.

Don't even get me STARTED on that f**king show.

The whole thing makes me want to kick a tree in anger and rage.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Lashmar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:59 am

Wing-Zero wrote:Edit: Your cannon ain't sh*t as long as I stay away from train tracks, Lashmar. :lol:

They had to build the tracks before they could move that you know. That was one hell of a cannon. I think the recoil on that something like 200/250 yards. :shock: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:21 am

Read between the lies
Lashmar

PreviousNext

Return to Battle Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts