The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

Dark Matters Twisted But True

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby antz123 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:34 am

An interesting show on paranormal is out on Discovery Science

http://science.discovery.com/tv/dark-matters/episodes/

It is out with presently 6 shows. Every show they took a topic from urban legends and try n decipher the truth out of it.

Like:

Soul's weight experiment
Zombification
Manchurian Candidate
My left hand is killing me
nazi ufos
Ape Man Army etc

Some fiction some science nice balance.

Also yesterday saw a show called

Stan Lee's Superhuman . very Interesting a good watch for all X-men fans.
http://www.history.com/shows/stan-lees-superhumans

Its a show where they travel across Globe to see people with abilities which are beyond normal humans.
antz123
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:33 am

Postby WarAngel » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:45 am

I'd like to see the Soul's weight episode. It makes some sense that energy in the body could have some weight to it. As when a person "dies" all that energy "goes away." So there should be a detectable change. But it probably couldn't weighed by anything but the most sensitive of scales. Using EM detectors and such might be a better place to start..

The Manchurian Canidate theory has been used to explain the RFK assassination. There may even be witnesses at the scene who saw someone leave. I believe it was a couple that saw them and the woman was wearing a polka dot dress.

antz123 wrote:Stan Lee's Superhuman . very Interesting a good watch for all X-men fans.
http://www.history.com/shows/stan-lees-superhumans

I watched this last year. The guy who could run basically forever was interesting and may be an actual power of some sort. The one who is invulnerable to electricity has something as well. There was a remote viewer who did well. But I think such abilities are mostly out of reach and will come to a better level in later generations.
What if it were true?
User avatar
WarAngel
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:20 pm
Location: Wallingford PA USA

Postby antz123 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:23 am

i f eel greatest of mysteries of our time would be on Earth rather than space.

I mean we still dont know whats there in deepest part of our oceans or whats under ice bed of Antarctica, keep watching random documentaries and came across another interesting pov.

The guy i forgot who, that since there is ancient map of Antarctica which is like pretty accurate, he called it as only "island" which is surrounded by "world Ocean" thus could be the true Atlantis. Pretty far fetched but got me thinking none the less.

So point being our brain still holds sooo many secrets that we need not go to space to find the real adventure. May be someone who gets to know how to tick a brain even 20-30% solve all the riddles that plague us.


In dark matters it was interesting to know how a guy just stole Eienstien's Brain, and that guy was just someone who worked at morgue.
antz123
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:33 am

Postby WarAngel » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:12 pm

antz123 wrote:The guy i forgot who, that since there is ancient map of Antarctica which is like pretty accurate, he called it as only "island" which is surrounded by "world Ocean" thus could be the true Atlantis. Pretty far fetched but got me thinking none the less.

It could be the Piri Reis Map. I haven't heard of the idea that under the ice was just an island, but no one we know of has seen it either way. I have heard of the theory that it is Atlantis. Even claimed there was satelite imagery that showed the circular waterways. iirc it was a CGI image though and haven't seen anything on it since.

If Antartica were Atlantis then it would have to be a part of the Ancient Astronaut Theory as there were not propper "Humans" back when a civilization would have been possible there.
What if it were true?
User avatar
WarAngel
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:20 pm
Location: Wallingford PA USA

Postby antz123 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:19 pm

my only disconnect is i feel there might be something pre-historic there but not of ancient astronauts.

Just feel we are not first race on this planet and history as its made out is not complete. As in before continental drifts and shuffling of poles Antarctica must have been non-frozen and may be some race lived there... they perished, it is this race which left markers as time capsules all across the Globe as their memoirs. I mean like Pyramids or structures at Peru, Easter Island etc.

It was left for warning the civilization which would follow them to know that things "might" go wrong again and thus be prepared.

Already Sphinx many have said with its erosion patterns is not 4000 yrs old but should be over 10000yr old. Over so many years nothing else but these GIANT monuments only could survive and these markers are thus left for us to decipher.

But our arrogance and ignorance can never assume primitive man or any man before that to be more advanced than us.

Random ramblings :)
antz123
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:33 am

Postby bionic » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:59 am

antz123 wrote:i f eel greatest of mysteries of our time would be on Earth rather than space.

I mean we still dont know whats there in deepest part of our oceans or whats under ice bed of Antarctica, keep watching random documentaries and came across another interesting pov.

The guy i forgot who, that since there is ancient map of Antarctica which is like pretty accurate, he called it as only "island" which is surrounded by "world Ocean" thus could be the true Atlantis. Pretty far fetched but got me thinking none the less.

So point being our brain still holds sooo many secrets that we need not go to space to find the real adventure. May be someone who gets to know how to tick a brain even 20-30% solve all the riddles that plague us.


In dark matters it was interesting to know how a guy just stole Eienstien's Brain, and that guy was just someone who worked at morgue.



you make a good point
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
User avatar
bionic
 
Posts: 9856
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am


Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

cron
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests