The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Danny Glover: 2nd Amendment was created to protect slavery

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Campus Reform wrote:Actor Danny Glover tells students 2nd Amendment was created to protect slavery

1q39l4.jpg
Actor Danny Glover told students at Texas A&M University the intent of the Second Amendment was to protect slavery.
1q39l4.jpg (26.88 KiB) Viewed 699 times

By Timothy Dionisopoulos

The Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and capture land from Native Americans, award winning actor Danny Glover told a group of students at a Texas A&M sponsored event on Thursday.

“I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,” he said. “The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans.”

“A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second amendment is,” he continued.

Glover, best known for roles in the “Lethal Weapon” franchise and “Angels in the Outfield,” was addressing students at an event being held in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Director of Texas A&M’s Memorial Student Center, Luke Altendorf, told Campus Reform on Friday that the university was unaware of Glover’ talking points prior to his speech.

“I had no idea, we really didn’t know that topic was coming up,” he told Campus Reform. “Someone was asking a question about activism, I think that’s where some of that came from.”

Altendorf declined to say if, or how much the school had paid for Glover’s speech, but said student fees were not used.

WATCH: Danny Glover says the Second Amendment was crafted by America's founding fathers to protect slavery

In the past, however, the university paid Angela Davis and Harry Belafonte $25,000 for their speeches at the same event.

Altendorf also defended the school’s decision to host those controversial speakers with university resources.

“We didn’t feel those speakers you are referring to are bad decisions on these topics because we want to foster discussion,” he said.

The video recording of the event was captured by members of a student group, the Texas Aggie Conservatives (TAC). That group has also created an online petition blasting Texas A&M’s for it’s speaker selections.

Eric Schroeder, chairman of the conservative group, called the event “outrageous.”

“It should be a time for real reflection and respect,” he said referring to the memorial breakfast for King. “Instead, the university pushes a political agenda.”

Schroeder also called on university President Bowen Loftin to make up for the event by inviting a conservative speaker of equal star power.

“We expect President Loftin to stand by his commitment to diversity and fully support our efforts to bring in a conservative speaker to provide an alternative to Mr. Glover’s far left message” said Schroeder.

Follow the author of this article on twitter: @TimPDion

Source: http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4582
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:25 pm

False to a degree. Of course slavers of the day wanted to keep slaves from revolting (one reason why slaves were not allowed near firearms), but it wasn't the reason for the 2nd amendment.

http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/wew/quotes/arms.html

Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_No._46
Last edited by Wing-Zero on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby blackvault » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 pm

It's sad that so many people who either speak for or against the 2nd amendment don't even know what it truly stands for, or why we, as a country, have it. Danny Glover says, "The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans.” I think if you don't know what the 2nd amendment TRULY IS, then sit down!
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:41 am

As an actor I like Danny Glover in many movies in which I have observed him carrying out his trade.

But such nonsense from him and others in Hollywood have soured me on the trade.

I am not into guilt politics or guilt manipulation from Hollywood nor from leadership or what passes for leadership in this nation today.

For it is fraught with Guilt techniques...or guilt manipulations in order for these cause celeb issues to play through by default...unchallanged and unquestioned.

What political parasites and political guilt manipulators like Danny Glover and others do it take advantage of the natural guilt, gullibility and ignorance of the average American today. They do not teach and inform that most Americans back then did not have slaves.

This also shows that these type of political guilt parasites are heavily dependent on the slavery/racism paradigm. Harry Belafonte lost my respect on this along time ago..and same with Danny Glover.

I am just not interested in this type of guilt manipulation from Hollywood or what tries to pass for leadership today.

As far as I am concerned..this type of political bias or racism is dependent on American Ignorance for it's existance. Dependency on such Institutional ignorance is how slaves are made..today...right now..not back in some time warp period years ago..but slaves made right now..today...right in front of us.

Bewarned of what is a slave master. Ignorance works just fine to make slaves. And this type of racial bias or poltical slavery is highly dependent on such carefully crafted and cultivated ignorance to deceive and therefore enslave people.

Educate yourself on this...for our leadership most certainly will not ...so too with Hollywood.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby En-Lugal » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:52 am

The Liberal machine rolls on. I support the students in this, they are taking control of their university back. They shouldn't have to be indoctrinated with the Liberal agenda. Hollywood gives itself way too much importance, which leads to the crap they spew while in the public eye. Sure, there are many who gobble this garbage up, something Hollywood and Liberals are counting on, but they go over the top with this nonsense.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 am

En-Lugal wrote:The Liberal machine rolls on. I support the students in this, they are taking control of their university back. They shouldn't have to be indoctrinated with the Liberal agenda. Hollywood gives itself way too much importance, which leads to the crap they spew while in the public eye. Sure, there are many who gobble this garbage up, something Hollywood and Liberals are counting on, but they go over the top with this nonsense.

Agree En Lugal..Hollywood and the liberal machine gives itself way to much importance. So too with the state of New York.

I note very quickly anyone or any issue which implies that if you want to know what is important in America look to Hollywood and New York City to be a copy of what is important. This kind of thinking disgusts me. Agree..it is spewing crap.

And it does indeed prey on the ignorance of Americans who only know what is shoveled out on television and in movies.

Well said En Lugal...well said.

I pray for the day when Americans mature sufficient to put a mark on the phony media as well as Hollywood and Washington DC in bed together. When Americans mature sufficient to vote with their remote controllers....on/off buttons.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts