The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Connecticut school shooting: 18 children among 27 dead

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby rath » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Here i go what ..... this link has no credibility what so ever .... where is the science to prove their claims .... ( none )

Who We Are

Demonstrating the benefits of sound economics

The Fraser Institute is an independent Canadian public policy research and educational organization with active research ties with similar independent organizations in more than 80 countries around the world. We are often referred to as a “think tank” and have been ranked by a University of Pennsylvania study as the top think tank in Canada.

HAhahaha ...... their not even real.

It's just a fat guy on his mom's computer getting his stats from the few news articles he can find on the internet.
Who can't even list his so called partner organizations from the claimed 80 countries around the world.

The site is so fake, such a shonky site.

fraserinstitute wrote:Gun laws must be demonstrated to cut violent crime or gun control is no more than a hollow promise. What makes gun control so compelling for many is the belief that violent crime is driven by the availability of guns and, more importantly, that criminal violence in general may be reduced by limiting access to firearms.

In this study, the author examines crime trends in Commonwealth countries that have recently introduced firearm regulations: i.e., Great Britain, Australia, and Canada. The widely ignored key to evaluating firearm regulations is to examine trends in total violent crime, not just firearms crime. Since firearms are only a small fraction of criminal violence, the public would not be safer if the new law could reduce firearm violence but had no effect on total criminal violence.

Even their claims are dubious, & nowhere on their site do they Reference any source for their so called statistical facts & figures ...
as far as anybody can see their facts are just made up.

The people who run it & the organization itself does not even have any government of public affiliations, no affiliations with big business, no government associations ..... nothing to support it's legitimacy at all. ......... Fake Fake Fake.

http://www.fraserinstitute.org/about-us ... ctors.aspx

The Fraser Institute is an independent Canadian public policy research and educational organization with active research ties with similar independent organizations in more than 80 countries around the world.

Sh*t man, i post research topics here on the Blackvault, & many Blackvault members are from other country's from around the world ( what say a over 80 different country's.

Does that mean you should believe everything i post because im to must be an independent public policy research and educational organization with active research ties with similar independent organizations in more than 80 countries around the world.
( independent organizations being other Blackvault members ) :oops:
rath

Postby rath » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 pm

http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/D33101 ... -banner=GT

Australian Crime Data ....... (( Falling after gun reform in 1997. ))

This page first published 24 May 2012, last updated 3 December 2012

Murder, 1.0 victims per 100,000 persons
Attempted murder, 0.9 victims per 100,000 persons
Manslaughter, 0.1 victims per 100,000 persons
Sexual assault, 79.5 victims per 100,000 persons
Kidnapping/abduction, 2.7 victims per 100,000 persons
Robbery, 56.0 victims per 100,000 persons.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf ... tistics~63

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/by%20Subjec/1301.0~2012~Main%20Features~National%20crime%20statistics~63

WEAPONS USED AGAINST VICTIMS OF CRIME RECORDED BY POLICE

In 2010, a weapon was used in 67% of murders, 71% of attempted murders, and 39% of robberies. The most common weapon type used in the commission of all three offences was a knife, which was used against 33% of murder, 28% of attempted murder, and 18% of robbery victims.

The next most common weapon type that was used against victims was a firearm, with 17% of murder, 24% of attempted murder, and 7% of robbery victims subjected to an offence involving a firearm.

The majority of sexual assault (98%), kidnapping/abduction (89%) and robbery victims (61%) did not have a weapon used against them in the commission of the offence.
rath

Postby rath » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 pm

http://www.aic.gov.au/crime_types.html

http://www.aic.gov.au/index.html

In Australia, knives are the most commonly used weapons in serious offences such as robbery, murder and attempted murder followed by firearms. Although the overall use of firearms in violent crime has declined over the past 10-15 years, gangs and those in the drug market often use handguns for protection. For some time the AIC has been researching the use of firearms through its National Firearms Monitoring Program (NFMP) and National Armed Robbery Monitoring Program (NARMP). Its research has also revealed that firearm owners continue to be negligent in securing unattended firearms and preventing their theft.

About the AIC

The Australian Institute of Criminology (AIC) is Australia's national research and knowledge centre on crime and justice. The Institute seeks to promote justice and reduce crime by undertaking and communicating evidence-based research to inform policy and practice.

The AIC was established in 1973 under the Criminology Research Act 1971. Since July 1, 2011 the Australian Institute of Criminology, a Commonwealth statutory authority, is regulated under the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997 (FMA Act).

The functions of the AIC include conducting criminological research; communicating the results of research; conducting or arranging conferences and seminars; and publishing material arising out of the AIC's work.
rath

Postby capricorn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 am

Rath, sometimes I wonder why I even respond to you.

The fraser institude is a credible organization. The science is there, the facts are there... closing your eyes and saying otherwise is simply ignorant.

But lets get right to the point

http://www.aic.gov.au/statistics/violen ... ctims.html

Your country is getting more dangerous, without guns! :clap:
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby at1with0 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:52 am

According to that spreadsheet, which anyone could have made btw, homicide is down. Though I fear that by stating that I will simply feed rath's delusions....
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby capricorn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 am

Well, I did provide the link to the spreadsheet just below the image.

Homicide spiked in 1999, 3 years after gun control went effect, and again in 2002, 6 years after gun control went into affect. It fell in 2007, but there is no proof it was related to gun control nor has any decline shown to be consistently dropping. You cant just measure 1 year and say that gun control has worked.

Assault, Sexual Assault and Kidnapping however has consistently risen. Robbery hasnt changed much, but that was after 7 consecutive years of it rising after the law went into affect.

If you are going to measure the affects to Gun control, you have to account for all crimes statistics which are not looking good down under
capricorn

Postby capricorn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:27 am

Australian Assault rifle ban went into affect in 1996 and assault has risen lol
capricorn

Postby at1with0 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:35 am

capricorn wrote:Well, I did provide the link to the spreadsheet just below the image.

Homicide spiked in 1999, 3 years after gun control went effect, and again in 2002, 6 years after gun control went into affect. It fell in 2007, but there is no proof it was related to gun control nor has any decline shown to be consistently dropping. You cant just measure 1 year and say that gun control has worked.

Assault, Sexual Assault and Kidnapping however has consistently risen. Robbery hasnt changed much, but that was after 7 consecutive years of it rising after the law went into affect.

If you are going to measure the affects to Gun control, you have to account for all crimes statistics which are not looking good down under

There is no proof that any of those statistics are related to gun control.

Sexual assault and kidnapping and robbery and homicide has to be subdivided into two categories (at least): those involving guns and those not involving guns.

Certainly one can't look at that spreadsheet, which could easily have been fabricated, and say either way that gun control has or hasn't been effective.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby capricorn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:48 am

at1with0 wrote:Certainly one can't look at that spreadsheet, which could easily have been fabricated, and say either way that gun control has or hasn't been effective.

As I said before, I've provided the link to the spreadsheet below the image. It is not fabricated, it came from the Australian Government. If the gov't if fabricating statistics then there is a more serious problem going on.

But I agree, you cannot look at the stats and say the gun control has or has not been effective. There simply is no proof that gun control provides the desired effect.

However, one can simply turn to the drug culture or "the war on drugs" to evaluate the effect that criminalizing something has on society.

at1with0 wrote:Sexual assault and kidnapping and robbery and homicide has to be subdivided into two categories (at least): those involving guns and those not involving guns.

This is where I disagree and the crux of my argument; a crime is a crime whether committed with a gun or not. If you take away the guns that is fine, but if people continue to kill or rob or whatever, what is the difference it is done with a gun or not? In the grand scheme of things, nothing would have really been solved.
capricorn

Postby DIss0n80r » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 am

Stop feeding these losers attention and dramatizing their choice to mass murder. It's exacerbating the problem.
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts