The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Congress: Assault-weapons ban nixed from bill

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:13 am

NBC News wrote:Congress: Assault-weapons ban nixed from bill

New Assault Rifles.jpg
New Assault Rifles.jpg (145.71 KiB) Viewed 569 times

Whither assault weapons ban: “Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said on Monday that a controversial assault weapons ban will not be part of a Democratic gun bill that was expected to reach the Senate floor next month,” Politico notes. “After a meeting with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Monday, a frustrated Feinstein said she learned that the bill she sponsored — which bans 157 different models of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines — wouldn’t be part of a Democratic gun bill to be offered on the Senate floor. Instead, it can be offered as an amendment. But its exclusion from the package makes what was already an uphill battle an almost certain defeat.”

Menendez watch: “Three women were paid to falsely claim in videotaped interviews that they had sex for money with U.S. Senator Robert Menendez in the Dominican Republic, a spokesman for the police said today,” AP reports. “The women, whose claims generated media attention in the United States, were hired by a Dominican attorney to make the videotaped statements, spokesman Maximo Baez told reporters. Two of the women received about $425 and the other was paid about $300, he said.”

National Journal: “Unlike some other scandal-wracked politicians like Anthony Weiner, Eric Massa, or Eliot Spitzer, DesJarlais hasn’t become an outcast at all. Republican leaders haven’t punished him. He still holds positions on the Agriculture and, yes, the Oversight and Government Reform committees. Even more glaring: He’s getting fundraising assistance on Tuesday from six influential colleagues, including three committee chairmen (GOP Reps. Darrell Issa of California, John Kline of Minnesota, and Frank Lucas of Oklahoma) and two potential Senate candidates (Kline and Rep. Tom Price of Georgia). Responding to calls asking why they would want to associate with a scandal-plagued congressman, several praised DesJarlais' conduct in office.”

Source: http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 ... -bill?lite
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Dragoness » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Surprised that happened. The way things have been going, was sure it would get passed.

Darn the NRA for scaring everyone. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Had someone post on my Facebook, this statement. All I could think was, what do you think the people who want to ban guns have been doing.
Dragoness

Postby greeney2 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:48 pm

The high profile crimes are the squeaky wheel that gets the oil. Don't get me wrong, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Columbine were horrible crimes, but the statistics of the overall view of gun homicides, the Assault weapons are very low down the list of threats. It has just become a political chess game, with Fienstien wanting to hit a home run in her liberal San Francisco population where her constituents are from.

Of all the gun deaths in the country each year, 2/3rds were intentional suicide, mostly by handgun. Hand gun is the overwhelming gun of choice in most homicides, and only a small number is caused by rifles, and assault weapons are rifles. The Washington DC sniper, Kennedy assassination, Texas tower, all were high power rifles with scopes, just like millions of hunters use for deer hunting. Millions of hunters hunt birds with shotguns and they all fall under the rifle statistics, which are listed as "Other". The number 2 weapon of homicides below handguns, is Knifes. Far more in numbers than rifles.

Another driving force in all these murders is the age groups of those killing people. The vast majority are in age groups from 14-24 years old, and the vast majority are gangs.

Yes we have some deranged psychotic killers, who have some sort of serious problems. Those are the shooters at Sandy Hook and similar mass murders. They have their own profile and pattern that has to be addressed.

However everyday, these 14-24 year olds are involved with gangs and drugs, and crimes against all of us to support it. They are shooting people over gang colors, graffiti, tagging, drug deals gone bad, and gang territory fights. Thousands of deaths have occurred from this group of individuals, and this kind of social delema.

Taking the assault weapons away from all of us, who can not get a cop if you need one, tell me you have obliterated Home invasion robbery, and drive by shootings, and that no gangs exist anymore. I may get shot someday in the mall by a deranged Sandy Hook kind of lunatic, but everyday I have to worry about what we see everyday, that is 100 times more of a threat.
greeney2

Postby capricorn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:30 am

This is not over.. I'm sure they will push laws that will effectively ban all these types of weapons. Look at what they did in NY State.. banned all weapons that are capable of holding a magazine clip of more than 7 rounds. This effectively bans all Assault Rifles since there is no manufactured Assault Rifle that holds less than 10 rounds. It also bans certain types of shotguns and handguns...

Don't be fooled, these scumbags will continue to confiscate our freedoms. whoops.. I apologize for using the word scumbag to describe these politicians... I didn't mean to offend all the scumbags out there.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts