The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

" It's a comin' "

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby greeney2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:41 pm

"I reckon that's 'cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet. But I do believe it's a-comin'."

Calm down everyone, If Frosty is a racist, I'm the Pope. If you look at what is happening right now, there is more truth to the punch line than anything, considering the opposition to the Muslim Mosque and Ground Zero. We are arguing over that issue everyday, and I was critisized for just moving that post. It isn;t just cowboys opposing the mosque, it is apparently people of all ethnic groups and backgounds, and apparently the views coming out of 50 states in this union, most don't have a single cowboy. Maybe a little politically incorrect, but it was a joke! It just happens to hold a bit of truth to current events, and the symbolism the cowboy represents to todays mosque opponents, and the Muslim who sneers, and rubs their numbers in their faces. That is what the Mosque builders are doing, thumbing their noses at everyone while smiling behind the sneers.

We all need to take a deep breath, and stop with the personal attacks to each other. They are getting out of control on the War forum, this forum, and the Religion Forum. Time to think about our words before we hit the enter button.
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Hindsight is 20-20. If had known this would really upset my fellow BVers, I would not have posted it.

The joke caught me off guard and I thought it was funny and forwarded it to the bv to share it. I had no idea it was going to go off like a hand grenade.

So I'm sorry for copying and pasting a very non-politically correct joke. I'll think twice next time.

The joke depicts the American cowboy as an arrogant, confident, "take no guff from anybody" man. Well that's how the whole world thinks of us, so, it's nothing new, is it? The joke depicts the Indian as a soft-spoken humble man. Again, no surprise.

And halfabo is right, I've heard the joke before, too. I may have even heard it on the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour" but it was a stand up comedian who said it. And the whole crowd roared with laughter. Was the whole crowd and the comedian an insensitive, Indian-hating bigot? I highly doubt even a single person in the crowd was.

2 Progressives posted in this thread. Each one personally attacked another poster in their message, using the racism and bigotry calling cards. That's probably the least surprising thing of all.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:32 pm

Every one seems to be taking this as a racist joke, it was not. Only one race was mentioned in it. That was the native American, and not one thing was said against him or to make him look bad. Cowboy isn't a race, it's an occupation. Islam isn't a race, it's a religion and a political system.

Yes Aquarian, I am Native American. The Indian wars ended a hundred years ago. In case you haven't noticed, we are no longer being oppressed. There may still be some discrimination but, that just goes with being human. Every group of humans have some that discriminate against some other groups. What I have seen of Islam shows that if they gain any kind of influence here, you will see oppression like you have never seen it before. I'm not willing to let that happen. It won't be just some groups of Americans that they are against, its all Americans.
Halfabo

Postby frrostedman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:48 pm

My wife is Mexican-Indian for goodness sakes.

I have a picture of her I wish I could post here. She looks like Pocahontas.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:58 pm

I agree Halfabo, and it was all Americans that were united, with flags on their cars, after 911 and when we invaded Afganistan. The problem is that we have gone so far to one side that everything gets turned into a racial issue. We have gone from what used to be coffee machine jokes, to now firing you for even thinking them, or God forbid, send them in emails, that they are monitoring, in work places. WE are so oversensitive, and so overboard, with political correctness, we a screaming to ruin careers, and have ended careers over it.

I'm a lot less offended by an harmless ethnic joke at the coffee machine, than by the CEO who polices them, while he is screwing 50,000 employees out of needed medical benifits at contract time, and calls that "ethics". He gets his 20 mIllion dollar bonus, but don't say the word Indian ever again, or you will be fired. That Cowboy should now be called a Manual Bovine Unisex Manipulator I guess.
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:23 pm

greeney2 wrote:That Cowboy should now be called a Manual Bovine Unisex Manipulator I guess.

LOL! Yes!

Something kind of ironic about this is, it was my director who sent me that joke in an email!

I've already written him to tell him I posted the joke publicly thinking everyone would love it, and instead got boo'd off stage, pelted with tomatoes, and branded a racist.
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Aquarian wrote:What's more despicable is that Halfabo claims to be Native American and has openly suggested that he would side with his oppressors against a socially-constructed "enemy" (in this case, the Muslims). Talk about falling hook-line-and-sinker for the colonist mind-trap.

BTW Aquarian, you are equating the cowboy with the "white racist oppressor" that you believe is at the heart of everything wrong with America. I think you need to study American history in a little more detail. During the heyday of the American "cowboy", 1860 to 1880, just a little over 1/4 of the cowboys on the range were white. Another 1/4 of them were black. The others consisted of Mexicans, Indians and yes even a few Chinese. Of all parts of American culture, being a cowboy was and still is, one of the most non-oppressive jobs you could have. It didn't matter to a cowboy what your skin color was. The only thing that mattered was if you could drive cattle, and do your job.

The whole concept of "cowboys and Indians" is no more than a child's game. Actual violent encounters between cowboys and Indians was very rare. Actual encounters between cowboys and Indians, were usually more peaceful. Occasionally a group of hungry Indians would raid a cattle herd. While some of the cowboys would make some show at trying to chase them off, they also understood that these people were starving. Most of the encounters happened when herds were driven across Indian land, in those cases, the cowboys including the trail bosses would often give cattle to the tribes to insure safe passage. Don't rely so much on Hollywood movies for your information.

Now, if you want to talk about Cavalry and Indians, we can do that to but, it is a totally different subject.
Halfabo

Postby Halfabo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:56 pm

frrostedman wrote:
greeney2 wrote:That Cowboy should now be called a Manual Bovine Unisex Manipulator I guess.

LOL! Yes!

Something kind of ironic about this is, it was my director who sent me that joke in an email!

I've already written him to tell him I posted the joke publicly thinking everyone would love it, and instead got boo'd off stage, pelted with tomatoes, and branded a racist.

Only by the ignorant, Tom. Some people just have no sense of humor. You can tell your director, this Indian thought it was funny as hell.
Halfabo

Postby frrostedman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:04 pm

Halfabo wrote:Now, if you want to talk about Cavalry and Indians, we can do that to but, it is a totally different subject.

I have an idea!

Let's talk calvary and Indians. :D
frrostedman

Postby sandra » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:09 pm

That is an ignorant statement to call me ignorant.
I did not think the joke was funny, nor did it personally offend me,
and yet I would still like to take Tom up to the rez for a round a bout with
his funny joke, ok not really, But Not every person is going to think that joke is funny,
oh well, gimme a break. Tom likes the drama anyways.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts